[PC] 24th MEU - Casual Tactical Realism

Capt_Shields
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-10-25 01:17 , edited 2012-02-19 21:56 by Capt_Shields
Introduction and History

Greetings and welcome to the recruiters office for the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (or MEU). Before I get in depth as to what we are about, how we're structured, what type of player we're looking for, and how to apply... let me first explain the origin of the unit and how its applied.

The 24th MEU is a sub-unit or sub-clan within the Multi-gaming Organization the “Veterans of War”. The VoW started on August 25th, 2010 as a means for players who were currently in Star Trek Online to expand to other games and continue to game with one another. Since it's beginning, we've expanded our supported games catalog to include Battlefield 3, Battlestar Galactica Online, Star Trek Online, and The Old Republic. We are currently looking to further expand into other games but constantly play hundreds of other games on the side together that are unsupported.

The MEU was first created around August of 2005 in Battlefield 2. At the time we established the group as a Tactical Realism unit. This meant that we followed a strict adherence to military protocol, organization and structure, and followed/utilized real world tactics. It was very successful and as the creator I went on to do other things that required my attention. The group itself was de-activated and archived.

On April 25th, 2011 I re-activated the 24th MEU for service in Battlefield 3 as a casual Tactical Realism unit. Since then we've made leaps and bounds in the community and have consistently demonstrated our abilities as a formidable fighting force.

Benefits of Membership

Now, what does this all mean for you as the prospective new member? Well, for starters when you join the 24th MEU you are joining a multi-gaming organization with a rich history that extends for many years. You join alongside members who have gaming experience that goes back to the early days of DOS computers, and text based RPG's. Some of us started in first person shooters many many years ago, and have extensive experience in online gaming.

Furthermore... some of us are also military and Law Enforcement veterans that have extensive knowledge of tactics, organization, and more. With a number of web development, graphic arts, and other computer savvy members... we are well rounded in almost every regard.

By joining you become part of this family. You can be guaranteed that you will learn something new that you otherwise might not have known. You'll learn what it means to be a part of a team and be HIGHLY successful at it.

MEU Organization

The 24th MEU is organized in such a way that it provides for all types of players. As a Tactical Realism unit we do have a realistic ranking system, a proper organizational structure, and use tactics that work. But we understand that real life comes first. We do not require that you give a certain number of hours, spend a certain amount of time with us, or track your stats like some other groups might. We're here to have fun.

The MEU is broken down into the following elements:

- 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marines (Infantry): These are the frontline infantry troops that capture and control points on the battlefield. They'll always be at the front of the conflict and always be in harms way. It is their responsibility to ensure the battlefield remains under our control.

- 2nd Tank Battalion (Armor): These men and women are the armored warriors for the MEU. They'll be responsible for manning the tanks, APC's, and other vehicles on the battlefield to ensure that support is given to the infantry and the battle is won.

- 2nd Force Reconnaissance Company (Recon): These are highly trained, highly specialized Marines that are responsible for scouting the battlefield, causing demoltion/sabotage behind enemy lines, and generally causing havoc among the enemy. They will always be found behind the lines engaging in close guerrilla style warfare with the enemy.

- VMM-263 Squadron (Air): These are specially trained officers of the MEU that engage in air to air combat and support the movement of the infantry with close air support. They will man the helicopters, and planes and ensure that the airspace is clear of danger.

All new members start in the Infantry. After one month of membership within the organization, they will have the opportunity to transfer to one of our more specialized sub-units. This is how we give every players the opportunity to play the way they want. It should be noted that we usually play team oriented gametypes and almost exclusively hardcore game modes. Something to keep in mind.

Recruitment Procedure

So, if you're now ready to join us... head first over to the Veterans of War website and fill out a quick 30 second application via this thread here [forums.veteransofwar.org]. A representative will reply to you in a short time, and will need to meet with you on TeamSpeak (our voice over IP server) for a very fast introduction. You can find that log in information here [forums.veteransofwar.org].

I hope that we see you soon, and that you'll find yourself at home with the MEU. We are a fun and exciting organization that provides for its members with plenty of opportunity to expand into various areas of gaming. Good luck, and Semper Fidelis.
Capt. J. Shields 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit "Honor, Courage, Strength"
Mr_M0chi
2011-10-25 01:20
*Bump* Don't be afraid to contact.
frymeister12
2011-10-25 01:22 , edited 2011-10-25 01:42 by frymeister12
Great group of guys that really focus on tactical gameplay and having a good time. If I'm on feel free to message me
Capt_Shields
2011-10-25 01:23
Here is a portion of text I left out of the post (from the old EA forum recruitment thread). Just gives you a little more info on me. Apologies for all of the text, but it's good info:

The following is a bit about me and what this organization is about.

You might be asking, who the hell is this John Shields guy and why would I follow him into battle? Well, in October of 2000 I made a decision that would ultimately change my life forever. I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps (as an Infantry Machinegunner) and shipped off for boot camp. I learned a lot about myself, my country during my enlistment and I gained a huge sense of honor and commitment to serving. I deployed to over 13 different countries some of which I no longer remember or could even pronounce/spell at the time.

In 2003 after a deployment and on my way home I was redirected to Kuwait where I landed and joined the forces in combat in Iraq. I remember driving through Al Kut, Nasiriyah, and inserting Force Reconnaissance just outside of Baghdad well ahead of the invasion. It was an eye opening experience that I can't go a day without thinking about. But again, it taught me a lot about myself and gave me some insight into what combat is like.

In 2004 after a second deployment (to Africa) I was released from Active Duty honorably and went home to Colorado where I've been since. I've picked a job now that I am happy with, and get to continue my life long education.

What I learned over the years is what it takes to lead. I took my real life knowledge with me and went online with it. I created a tactical realism unit for a first person shooter that still exists today some years later (for the original Call of Duty for PC). It started with one man and grew to two, three, five, and then exploded from there. We trained together and were a well respected unit in the community.

What is very important to me is teamwork. With my background and my current profession I believe one of the key's to survival is teamwork. I know that in a game setting such as an FPS, teamwork is essential to taking control of the situation and succeeding where others have failed. Running solo is great... but it wont ever get you through all of the scenarios you might come up against. Throughout history both in-game (in FPS's) and out, teamwork has always been the contributing factor to success and it'll be that way here as well.

Along with that, I live by a motto in everything I do. Day to day I strive to adhere to three concepts. The first is Honor. Honor to me is the ability to go forth and do so with distinction. Where all others slide around what is right, I have always done the opposite. I always follow my gut feeling and do what is absolutely necessary to succeed, but not at the cost of another persons honor.

Along with that I live by the concept of Courage. To me Courage is about taking that leap of faith and fight against all odds to accomplish a goal. When your fellow man is in need, you dive headfirst into the situation to help them. Courage is the fuel that sends great men to do great deeds. When others fail, cringe and fail to act, the courageous go forward. The courageous make the tough calls and live by them. No matter the cost at the end, they do what is necessary to succeed.

Lastly, I live by one more concept and that's Strength. To me, Strength is a means of accomplishing the other two concepts above. Without the strength to carry on and to make those tough decisions (while living with the consequences), then you'll never get where you need to. Strength gives you the power to make change and to do it well. As I always say, in a team environment, we're only as strong as the weakest link. As long as we all strive to be the strongest we can be, we never can fail when we work together.

If you believe that you are the type of person to take gaming to a whole new level, adhere to our motto of Honor, Courage, Strength... and be the team player we're looking for... then by all means, join today! Below will be a rundown on the current recruitment procedures and polices to better help in determining if this is the place you' like to join.
Mr_M0chi
2011-10-25 01:38 , edited 2011-10-25 01:41 by Mr_M0chi
Members and counting"
Capt_Shields
2011-10-25 01:41
At least add something constructive. :\

By the way guys, we have a 64 player, Hardcore Conquest server. Our server is at the following IP:

173.199.102.57:25200
strikeralley
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-25 05:16
Join fullcontactwar for a similar playstyle. We have a bunch of guys on right now! We have a server, look in the browser for fullcontactwar
Pv2-Ryan
2011-10-25 05:50 , edited 2011-10-26 02:33 by Pv2-Ryan
We have a full squad of 9 open right now and we're still adding. Join today to claim your slot.
Sakamotou
ZW Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-10-26 19:34
http://i44.tinypic.com/fljxqo.png [i44.tinypic.com]
BLUNTKiLLeR
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-26 20:38
lmfao @ kneesox... ROFL
Capt_Shields
2011-10-26 22:13
Kneesox said:
http://i44.tinypic.com/fljxqo.png [i44.tinypic.com]

Now in all honesty that's pretty damn funny. But no I served in the Marines from 2000-2004 in the 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marines, and 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines. I was an 0331 Machinegunner and deployed to 13 some odd countries. Was there for Iraq on day 4. Believe it or not, that's up to you. I have pictures I guess I can provide. :\

Glad to see guys signing up. Three new members today! Welcome:

Winters
Shima
Hedburg
ramrod8258
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-26 22:23
Hey whats up guys, My name is Ray and I am an active duty Marine stationed in Camp Pendelton California. I have served over 10 years in the corps and I hold the rank of Sgt. My MOS or military occupation is an 1833 or Amtrack section leader just like the AAV7A1's that are in the game. I would like to join the 24th MEU because I was in the Real 24th MEU in Iraq in 2003. Let me know rayrodriguez24@yahoo.com
Capt_Shields
2011-10-26 22:26 , edited 2011-10-26 22:26 by Capt_Shields
ramrod8258 said:
Hey whats up guys, My name is Ray and I am an active duty Marine stationed in Camp Pendelton California. I have served over 10 years in the corps and I hold the rank of Sgt. My MOS or military occupation is an 1833 or Amtrack section leader just like the AAV7A1's that are in the game. I would like to join the 24th MEU because I was in the Real 24th MEU in Iraq in 2003. Let me know rayrodriguez24@yahoo.com

Hey cool... what unit? What timeframe (months) were you there? Drop by our website and jump on our TeamSpeak.
Pv2-Ryan
2011-10-26 22:28
Ray, head over to our forums and check us out, fill out an application and come on TS and hang out with us. Getting prior and current active duty Marine only reinforces the knowledge and experience that we have.
Sakamotou
2011-10-26 22:32 , edited 2011-10-26 22:32 by Sakamotou
Capt_Shields said:
But no I served in the Marines from 2000-2004 in the 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marines, and 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines. I was an 0331 Machinegunner and deployed to 13 some odd countries.
Post DD214
Capt_Shields
2011-10-26 22:34
Right... you want me to post my social security number and vitals on here? So I can prove some random person wrong? Not quite. But I wouldn't mind throwing up some photos.
Pv2-Ryan
2011-10-26 22:43
Kids these days....

Ok trolls, please stay out of our thread, if you want to call people out go create a different thread. This thread is for recruiting for our platoon, not for your childish e-peen contests. I know it's a hard concept for you kids these days...
Sakamotou
2011-10-26 22:48 , edited 2011-10-26 22:49 by Sakamotou
you want me to post my social security number and vitals on here?
Obviously you can block it out. Hell, block the whole thing out instead of your name. Pro excuses etc.
Pv2-Ryan
2011-10-26 22:53
Obviously you do not understand English very well, take your accusations elsewhere.
Capt_Shields
2011-10-27 01:45
Kneesox said:
you want me to post my social security number and vitals on here?
Obviously you can block it out. Hell, block the whole thing out instead of your name. Pro excuses etc.

Well my name isn't Shields... it's the name I use on online. I'm not inclined to give you that either. Now take this elsewhere so the thread can keep on course.