Thread is locked.

[How to] Identify and Report cheaters

Jokerdaf
IT Enlisted: 2012-09-21
2013-08-05 21:37
theDokt0r said:

I use a much more sophisticated system: brain & experience.

I have not read your guide, I'm very tired tonight, but I will.
your work deserves a careful judgment.

However, as I have said elsewhere, tit is not enought o identify a cheater, with certainty, if you can not punish him in an appropriate manner.
Thank you.
proud to be E.R.
DrVanNostrand1
Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2013-08-05 21:40
Jokerdaf said:
theDokt0r said:

However, as I have said elsewhere, tit is not enought o identify a cheater, with certainty, if you can not punish him in an appropriate manner.
Thank you.

indeed
tit is not enough
I was a huge fan of Battlefield 3 but then I got tired of cooling it.
LynX_EffecT_MkII
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-08-05 21:41
theDokt0r said:
renamed125242 said:
Amazing guide..

75% accuracy on a shotgun is seen as suspicious by the last site.. seems like a proper way to check someone out.
Shotguns are an exception since every pellet is calculated as a bullet. Also there was a glitch after one patch that made every pellet count double, so that is why some people have 200% or higher accuracy with shotguns.

lxxwarthogxxl said:
Thanks for the info. I'm cutting and pasting to save for all future use.

Nice to read this ;)

LynX_EffecT_MkII said:
Dok any chance you can explain the stat parameters in use by the cheatometer website tool?

Im thinking more of things like bans/protections?

Seen a few players have more than one of these but cant find a thing to say what they refer too specifically?

Excellent guide too btw

;-)

-That is the number of how many times a player was banned from a server on which Metabans was used.

-The protection number indicates on how many bans were removed, for that you need to register at http://metabans.com/ [metabans.com] and appeal the ban. You should not mind those bans so much, they are local bans and usually do not indicate real hacking because admins ban for all different reasons, unless a master ban has been initiated from Metabans, then it would just say "Player is banned".

Thx explains it perfectly

;-)
Randomwarri0r
AT Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-08-05 22:02
some mod should make this glorious post sticky
FORUM SIGNATURE
Singh400
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-08-05 23:03 , edited 2013-08-05 23:03 by Singh400
I find Metabans quite incorrect in showing actual bans and reasons because often some mad admin bans you from his server using the metabans protocol for no good reason and others then follow his action.
Then you are following the wrong admins, I myself am on there (http://metabans.com/singh400) [metabans.com] and all my bans have proof of hacking. Of course there are going to be badmins/madmins who just ban for any old reason, but those admins don't get a lot of followers.

Again stats like Damage, Headshot/ Kill ration (Hskr), accuracy if marked as red or impossible indicate that a player is hacking.
Word of warning, do not use stat checkers as judge, jury and executioner. As I was false banned on iStats because their algorithm wasn't functioning correctly (Cotton fixed it pretty much straight away), my ban was reversed immediately. Also, red stat != hacking/cheating. I play a lot of TDM so some of my KPM per weapon are inflated because of that, as such some of these stat checks return a lot of my values in the red.

Edit* Spelling.
theDokt0r
RS Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2013-08-06 00:50 , edited 2013-08-06 00:52 by theDokt0r
That is why I did not list KpM in my post.
DICE Friend - Community helper - Feedback Gatherer
djetboy
US Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2013-08-06 01:30
theDokt0r said:
Lately I have seen many hackusations on legit players and many hackers ingame so I have decided to create this beginners guide that will hopefully help people identify and report cheaters/hackers.

As a server admin I am using many tools that help me judge if someone is hacking.

-First of all we have the http://cheatometer.hedix.de/ [cheatometer.hedix.de] Which quickly shows you if the player is banned or not and some basic stats.

-Then I use the http://www.team-des-fra.fr/CoM/index.php [team-des-fra.fr] which shows me in detail weapons and suspicious stats a player is having.

-And finally I use the i-stats playercheck tool: http://i-stats.net/index.php?action=pcheck [i-stats.net] This site shows the stats more in detail, if the stats are marked as impossible then the user is most likely hacking.

I find Metabans quite incorrect in showing actual bans and reasons because often some mad admin bans you from his server using the metabans protocol for no good reason and others then follow his action. For example my friend got banned on 1 server that was running Metabans with a reason of being racist even tho he never typed a word in the chat but was killing the admin quite a few times. And now he is getting banned on other servers using Metabans.

Now not every player is hacking, if someone has a high KpM with a specific weapon I go and check on what servers he is playing, if its TDM or CQ DLC then those fast kills are quite normal since cheat-o-meter is not optimized for the CQ DLC which includes much faster gameplay. But if the player is having a high KpM and a high hsKp then those kills may be quite suspicious.

I usually ban players that have both on Cheat-o-meter a high cheat percentage (40% or above) and on i-stats that have impossible stats.

-For aimbot the player usually has high HSK percentage with all or specific weapons and high KpM.
-For masskill hack the player has all values above the normal limit particularly the KpM and Damage Values.
-For the damage modify or 1-shot-1 kill hack the player has abnormal damage (then what is usually done with a specific weapon) and high KpM.
-Now wallhack is a bit more tricky to detect, usually those players have high accuracy, but its never certain because there is no spectator mode in BF3, but this problem is solved in BF4 since we get a spectator mode.
-Macros are unfortunately undetectable at this point, the easiest way to detect them would be using the spectator so this problem will be solved in BF4.

Usually PB bans all the hackers but it takes time for them to identify new hacks so if you run into suspicious players and if they come out to have more then normal values on cheat-o-meter and i-stats you should report them following these steps.
1. Record a small clip showing the suspicious kills the player has made and then post it on youtube, Vimeo or other popular video sharing site.
2. Report the player using the exclamation mark located in the upper right corner on their Battlelog profile, post the link to the video and Battlereport,
3. Add the player to Radar using the "Add to Radar" option on their profiles, this is a good way to track hackers even when they change their names since this function tracks their player ID and not their name. Only BBlog users can use this function. So download BBlog now at: http://getbblog.com/en/ [getbblog.com]
4. Next step would be reporting the finding to PBbans with as much information as possible http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php [pbbans.com] or using these two emails: research@evenbalance.com research@pbbans.com
5. Final step would be to report the hacker to the admin on the server you enjoy playing on, find their platoon and usually they have a link to the forums and there a section to report hackers, a good example is the superinfantry's clan web page where they have a "Report player" option.

Another popular anticheating site is ACI: http://www.anticheatinc.net/forums/ [anticheatinc.net] You can report the player also there but you would need some proof as a Demo or valid streamed pbss of the cheat or visual confermation in the screen shot of something that's not supposed to be on the HuD.

Valve Anti-Cheat or VAC is not supported by Battlefield and EA games. List of games that support VAC can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat [en.wikipedia.org]

Some hackers use the some sort of Direct Inject hack, and that is very hard for PB to detect, so if you are a server admin and the player has abnormal values or you got a PBSS that proves that the player is hacking, a local ban would be the first step and then a report to either ACI or PBbans.

Again stats like Damage, Headshot/ Kill ration (Hskr), accuracy if marked as red or impossible indicate that a player is hacking.

-I usually gather the list of all hackers that I encounter in game and give that list directly to a DICE developer, together we banned over 100 hackers.
So if you have any players that are suspicious to you, send me their profile links and some proof if possible such as links to a youtube video or Battlereports at: anticheatBF@live.com I will review and check every player on every anti-cheat site and then report if confirmed directly to the DICE developer.

Remember not every player that is good is hacking so double check all the stats and then report.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-For those that have been banned from a server without a reason or are constantly getting harassed by the admin there are 2 ways to reporting them According to EA ToS:
1. If you know who the admin is click the exclamation mark on Battlelog profile and choose the option "Report profile" Then provide as much information as possible about what happened including a ingame screenshot of the chat box and other proof such as the server you have been banned on.
2. Go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us [help.ea.com] -Choose the option to contact a game adviser,- choose BF3 and Report Cheating/Harrasing, -after that choose the option I still need help and then you will see the email now button. Provide as much information and proof in the description so that the EA ToS team can take action against the server owner and admin.

Also read: https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct [help.ea.com]

Upvote so more can see this guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/1jqy1p/guide_on_how_to_identify_and_report_hackers/ [reddit.com]

Cheers and I hope this helped you clear some things up.

Wow. this is why I play on ps3. My maps my be smaller and my frame rate slower, but I didnt even have to finish reading this wall of text much less care about this stuff. I wish you guys good luck in getting rid of your hackers.
Your stats? We are not impressed.
Kogashuko
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-08-06 02:18
This post has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.
IIChuck-N0rr1sII
2013-08-06 04:01
Another way to watch for those using injector hacks is that sometimes they'll have abnormally high headshot-to-kill ratio with a normal or low gun accuracy.

Outside of recon rifles, most people usually end up with about a 20% headshot-to-kill ratio give or take 5% (per gun). Some competitive players I've seen are in the low 30% range.

I've run across this a few times. I assume that they'll fire the gun in to the air which will lower their overall accuracy for that gun. I assume so as not to appear suspicious on a quick glance at their stats for that gun. The most recent case was someone who had about 100 kills, 60 of which were headshots with an overall accuracy of 5-6% with the PKP. I personally would wait a little to let the players game play "normalize" the gun (everyone can have some good few really good games), but on the surface, it appears suspicious.

I also agree with the video or screen shot of the hacker in question. Pictures or video go much, much further in getting something done then just words.
Pantherr45
2013-08-06 07:00
@Kogashuko - you might want to edit your post, although you did not name the person you posted the score and battle report so that's basically naming & shaming. That could get this thread locked.
theDokt0r
RS Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2013-08-06 15:59
Kogashuko said:
These issues should be better managed. It should not be up to the players to go through 50 steps to get rid of an obvious hacker.

Spectator mode will fix this problem in BF4 but in BF3 this is the best we can do.
DICE Friend - Community helper - Feedback Gatherer
ragnarok013
US Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2013-08-06 16:05
Great post Doc!
Need Help? Go to the EA Answer HQ http://answers.ea.com Battlefield Player on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3 || EA AHQ Hero ||Friday Night Battlefield Admin on PC
badkarma11
US Enlisted: 2012-06-23
2013-08-06 16:14
What an awesome and comprehensive post. Great work Doc! This NEEDS to be a sticky!
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
britisharmysas
2013-08-06 16:29 , edited 2013-08-06 16:30 by britisharmysas
Ok doktor you state these problems be fixed in bf4 but not once in your OP did you ever say how cheaters are reported and looked at and that the problem is with eagames reporting system that takes months instead of days even with actual video proof i still see guys cheating so whats the amazing bf4 going to do apart from be exactly the same where cheaters run riot because eagames wont do anything about them as they just dont care.

edit: and dont give some rubbish like punkbuster is 3rd party and eagames has no control over it nonsense because everyone knows different.
gtx660 superclocked // amd fx 6300 black edition 4.5ghz // 2 x 4gb corsair vengeance ram // hyper evo 212 cooler // 700 watt silent psu // 1tb hybrid hard drive // M5A78L-M motherboard // windows 8.1 pro RTM
EA_Chems
FR Enlisted: 2012-10-11
2013-08-06 16:50 , edited 2013-08-06 16:51 by EA_Chems
Great thread, "stickied" temporarily.

Thanks Dok
Forumfield - Home Sweet Home
tobaSVK
SK Enlisted: 2012-01-19
2013-08-07 13:20
:-DDD o|o's.
cottton
DE Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2013-08-07 20:15
@theDokt0r good job! But your forgot the most important:
If you are a player (so not a server owner/admin) and you think somebody is cheating: leave the server.
If the player in doubt is a cheater then every time you spawn in again you will feed him and you loose.
So leave before rage.

@renamed125242 what @theDokt0r said. Plus i-stats works by the "average player". And the average player doesnt have that high acc on shotguns.
And thats why nobody should judge about a shotgun, sniper, pistol.
There are a lot players even using that guns as sidegun(right word?).

@Singh400 your stats are not red =) They are marked yellow - suspicious, which means nothing more than "have a look".
Still ppl see colors and the amount of colored values as result =/
But you can try what ever you want - ppl see what they wants to see. One even thought a purple flag means ~80% cheater -.-

So @all:
Colors are used to quickly see "something", to mark or highlight values.
At the end you have to READ the VALUES behind the colors =)

Nobody has to know what stats mean ect and nobody is "noob" because of not knowing that.
But if you (@server admins) have a ban button: ask what it means before pushing the button =)

Also @server owner
What you can do: key words => ACI, GGC, PBBans, PBScreens(!) -- all for solid evidence.
GlobalDutchy
Enlisted: 2013-02-20
2013-08-08 12:01
This post has been removed by the Battlelog administrators.
Signatures..... suck
IIChuck-N0rr1sII
2013-08-09 01:55
Any server Admin that uses Rcon (I don't know about others) should know that they can trigger a PB photo shot if they suspect someone to be hacking. Just go in to Rcon and on the player list right click the name and there's an option to trigger a PB photo shot.

While it will not result in immediate action from PB, if someone it hacking and the photo catches the hack, then the review will ban them and solve any future problems that player may create. Admins should know that they can actively help PB and not just rely on the passive aspect of PB to help protect against hackers.
Jokerdaf
IT Enlisted: 2012-09-21
2013-08-09 09:46
LubryKent said:
Jokerdaf said:
theDokt0r said:

Thank you.
indeed
tit is not enough

ai em sorri for iour cheiboard. :P
proud to be E.R.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.