Thread is locked.

Overall community feedback by theDokt0r for DICE

C4Hore
US Enlisted: 2011-12-24
2014-12-27 20:06 , edited 2014-12-27 20:07 by C4Hore
Servers down again what a crock!!!! EA/Dice get your act together if that is even possible!
kain121818
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2014-12-29 22:53
theDokt0r said:
This thread serves the purpose of only collecting feedback, on how to improve the game. Feedback for Battlefield 4 and 3
1. Commander (That is a must in the next game with everything that the commander from BF2 had, so UAV, Supplies, Scan, Artillery and maybe something more).
2. 5or 6 man squads,
3. Make an option in-game to custom name your squad,
4. Make the game server sided (no more killed behind a wall and other lag client sided related problems),It will stay clean sided but with a much improved netcode.
5. General ranks for BF3 with requirements in time and a high number of points. (This will make a difference between casual and veteran players),
6. Implement the traditional ranking system from Battlefield 2 [bf2awards.com] in Battlefield 4 (except the requirement to be in the top 50 for the 4th service star).
7. Destructibleand repairable bridges Destruction confirmed in Paracel storm.
8. Commo rose with text feed (preferably the same as from BF2),
9. Make at least 12 missions for CO-OP and also from 2-6 players for CO-OP.
10. Squad leader giving tactical orders on any part of the map like in BF2/2142,
11. In-game VOiP,
12. Ability for soldiers to swim underwater,
13. Add a Skirmish mod (multiplayer maps with bots),There will be a tutorial mode in Battlefield 4, where the player can practise everything before playing MP.
14. Limited ammo for vehicles. (This is crucial to prevent basereaping),Ammo will be limited with a slow reloading timer.
15. Choppers and jets rearming and repairing at when flying over airstrip/landing-pad, tanks and other vehicles rearming when entering main base and on supply drops),
16. Limited number of magazines for soldiers (when reloading soldier is spending magazines not bullets),Confirmed for Hardcore mod, hopefully will be in Normal mode as well.
17. Snipers scope reflections needs to be removed (or at-least inside buildings and on night maps),
18. Double the Altitude limit for jets and choppers, (the way it is now, choppers are 2 close to the ground and can easily be taken down by AA and Stingers),
19. LAN support (so that people can have LAN party`s)
20. Reduce the Sun glare(BC2 style was perfect),
21. Reduce or make an option to turn off the Color Filter in vanilla and B2K maps (its just a simple click of a button for you guys to do this and it means a lot for the community).
22. More soldier skins (at least 4 skins per class),
23. Spectator mode, (That would make the job of an admin much easier and also would help with e-sports),
24. Make Russians also attackers on some Rush maps- answered by Gustav [twitter.com]
25. Add a night mod for every map, so that every map can be day or night, add an option in Battlelog so that people can choose between night and day for every map, (simply add a moon on every map, turn some lamp posts ON and that`s it), also make some kind of illuminating flares that would light up the Battlefield on those night maps,
26. Remove the 3D spotting for PC,
27. Add lights on vehicles that can be turned OFF and ON,
28. Dynamical weather system (either the weather to change in a match or an option for the admin to set weather conditions before the round starts),
29. Reduce the requirements for the M:COM Defend Medal,
30. Make a ``Transport medal`` with requirements of some transport kill assist value,
31. Give the defibrillators a cool down between each revive, until it can be used again (2-3 seconds) currently there is the animation but no matter what the soldier in the animation is doing you can revive fallen teammates),
32. Make faction only weapons when playing (Russians can only choose their weapons and those produced in the former Warsaw Pact [en.wikipedia.org] countries in the world, Americans should use weapons produced in US and other NATO countries [en.wikipedia.org],
33. Give official EA/DICE servers for the not so popular game modes like SQ RUSH AK,Confirmed in the livestream that there will be more DICE servers for less popular game modes.
34. Move the Flag capturing indicator from the Center of the HUD to the side,
35. Make the suppression effect to only affect you`re soldier not the bullet spread or remove suppression completely,
36. Add all the camouflages that soldiers have to weapons,
37. Add a classic preset for Battlelog and Procon/Rcon like this one: http://tyni.cc/nueGO [tyni.cc]
38. More different vehicles from the group like MTB, attack choppers. (in BF Vietnam 2004 you had 4 types of choppers for the US team: AH-1G_HueyCobra [battlefield.wikia.com], UH-1 Huey Gunship and Transport chopper [battlefield.wikia.com], ACH-47_Chinook [battlefield.wikia.com].
39. Two seated bomber jets, Battlefield 2 had F-15 Strike Eagle for US [wiki.bf2s.com], SU-30 for China [wiki.bf2s.com], SU-34 Flanker (MEC team) [wiki.bf2s.com],
40. Make Russians speak Russian, not English (check the video from 3:00 http://tyni.cc/ZbSX6 [tyni.cc] ),
41. Stamina meter that limits sprint and jumping (was in BF2-BF2142),
42. Remove the Spawn Protection when getting revived and when spawning on Squad members (keep the protection when spawning on the flags).
43. Add some notification when using the "Need backup" shout, like a flashing icon on the minimap.
44. Pistol customization.

Bugs to be fixed:
1. Fix bug where ammo and medic bags destroy walls (drop 4-5 medic or ammo bags at any wall and it will get destroyed),
2. Fix bug where AC-130 gets destroyed after colliding with MAV,
3. Fix in-game stats for pistols, rockets and some vehicles (they are not showing as on Battlelog (vehicles) or are not showing at all (pistols and rockets).
4. Hand not holding the gun when equipping AEK-971 with M320 and the sign does not collapse after the building does in Karkand and other B2K maps. [imageshack.us]
5. Vehicle load-out resetting bug and weapons camouflage resetting bug. (started happening after the latest Server patch)

Battlelog related:
1. Make Social Platoons (so that everyone can join not just those from the same platform),
2. Make Battlefield 4 a non Battlelog and Origin related game (in terms of starting the game), use Battlelog only as a social and stats gathering platform for users,
3. Some users have reported problems with their premium assignments not updating,
4. Update the Poll in the lower right corner of Battlelog more frequently,
5. In the news section make an option to see all the News in a list that were posted since day 1,
6. Fix the CO-OP dog tags,
7. In the awards section make an option when you click on the award that it zooms in so you can take a closer look at the award (this way its to small to see the award in detail, also the number that indicates how much time you got it is blocking the view,
8. Increase the friends limit to 150 or 200,
9. Option to cancel sent platoon invitations and sent friend requests.(For the person that sent the requests),
10. Classical preset on Battlelog (balance between Hardcore and Normal).
11. Option to search for Custom preset servers.


Map ideas:

-Every map needs to have an option to be a day or night map, that will surely make Battlefield 4 unique.

There should also be a map for every type of terrain (desert, snow, jungle, urban, swamp, mountain). And all of the maps need to be huge, I am talking huge like in BF2 and Battlefield Vietnam with rivers, jungles, bridges, villages, small towns.

The city maps need to be at least triple the size of Seine Crossing, with not just narrow streets but with squares and building that are totally open (all Floors and Rooms). Destruction of some high buildings also needs to be possible.

Also an option to control weather conditions on a map would be awesome (turning rain ON or Off, sand storms on desert maps, Strong wind, snow).

There should be at-least 1 huge Jungle map with bushes, swamps, rivers, small villages, hills, dirt roads.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Video from Phyrefli:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q1qFEcsAb7s [youtube.com]

-New document that contains community feedback that was gathered for BF4: http://www.phyrefli.com/Community_Feedback_for_Battlefield_4.zip [phyrefli.com]

-Phyrefli`s video: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcrm9s1kSrg&feature=youtu.be [youtube.com]

GamerSpawn feedback for Battlefield 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIH0ZILUkCY [youtube.com]



This thread, contains all the important community feedback that was accumulated since the game was released and only servers for collecting feedback on how to improve the current or future games. Don`t get us wrong, this game is great but there are so many possibilities that if used could make this game from awesome to perfection. Do not post anything except feedback in this thread.
dshones
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2015-01-03 16:20
I have a feedback: how about you don't commit suicide by jumping onto an opponent's head. that bug is ludicrous. I mean I would understand that he would be killed by the manouver but to die because you stomp on s.o. dome piece is just...like the worst physics bug I can think of (if you don't consider flying tanks)
BF5 ftw DICE please no Hardline Faggotfront shit
kain121818
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-01-09 14:57
so is bf series fixed yet?
Rottenflesh142
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-01-19 22:39
kain121818 said:
so is bf series fixed yet?


It's as good as it's going to get. End of story
I SUCK !
overflow242
Enlisted: 2012-10-25
2015-02-15 10:39 , edited 2015-02-15 10:40 by overflow242
The Battlefield 3 is a wonderful game and I like that there is a way for giving feedbacks. I hope that there will still be some fixer for BF3 too.
Anyway, I would like to give some of my ideas I noticed during gameplay in BF3 (Premium edition):

- Using Javelin often proves to be a vital defense, however, in order the targeting to be effective a soflam is required. The soflam should be put into position by snipers, but the thing is that most of the time snipers are reluctant to do it. (Probably our team used to run into bad snipers :). I think snipers would be more encouraged to do so if they would be rewarded more for using soflam. Also, I think the manual targeting should be awarded even more points (that the auto mode) for its user, this way probably snipers would think differently of soflam, even if it does not improve their K/D ratio :)

- Unfortunately I see a lot of bad pilots. Admittedly it is a hard skill to learn flying in the game but still, there are a lot of players who just ruin the game completely by taking away a good transportation option, rushing with it to the objective alone and just crashlanding in order to getting to their desired position. What I think of is that a good piloting (mainly when there are passengers on it) should be awarded or even bad piloting punished somehow. It is no good at all if a transport heli with full health is wasted by crashlanding just for some other purposes, it is even not realistic (one would simply not do it).

- Putting aside the previous idea regarding the crashlanders and such, there is another aspect for the transport helicopters. Sometimes, there are some really good pilots, but they are not taking the transport heli that much. Though transporting a whole squad or giving a good heli run for the minigun coverage is an important thing. Maybe the reward system could help it a bit (again). What if a successful transportation of a team member would be rewarded with points (it is not currently). The reward could be determined for example by a team member doing a successful flag capture or kill immediately after getting off the heli by some predetermined amount of seconds or so. Also, I find the reward for pilot after a passenger's minigun kill a bit low.

- Just some minor thing: maybe it is my joystick sensitivity, but when I land with the Kasatka it is too easy to drift a slightly towards one side and the landing is completely ruined by the heli falling to one side to the ground. I do not experience this with the Venom. I just guess is it that the Kasatka is slimmer and the applied physics are in favor of inbalance? I feel that the Kasatka is more instable when landing it than the Venom.

I hope my opinions will help, if not in BF3 then in the newer versions.

I like the BF3 very much and I hope it will be alive for very long time... :)
Polleke1970
NL Enlisted: 2012-02-18
2015-02-15 16:58
Dice, It would help if you every now and then play this game yourselves. No way in hell you can do it and be proud of this monstrosity.

Wher to start|:
1) Netcode, still pre worldwar 1
2) Map design for various gametypes absolutely unbelievable. At various maps you can if teams are somewhat balanced upfront predict 99% certainty which team will win.
3) Surpression so incredibly broken. take it out it does not work it will never work and it is simply bad game design
4) Counterknifing Who thought that was a good idea!!! And for all who in its right mind put the knifing button under the aim stick on console!!!
5) an endless pile of weapons to support the absolutely skilless player encouraging him/her not to try to improve but reward the lack of trying. just to give you 2 examples LVG and Airburst.
6 the spawning system.. e.g. on lockers after a long and fierce battle finally your team manages to get through the bottleneck and starts making a strongpoint close 2 the next flag. Luckily the enemy spawns in behind you kills your whole squad so you can start all over again!! well done. next to that you equally often spawn in only to die immidiately, or be right away blinded by a flashbang. Yeah right well programmed.

I think it is good that BF has in this type of games no real competition otherwise servers would have been empty .
I can not believe dice programmers play their own game. However they keep tweaking endlessly on the CTE.
Its nice to put another exhaust on a car but maybe fixing a steering wheel should have more priority.
Maybe instead of endlessly changing the medback, the Sraw flightime and maneuverability maybe play your game, and see that the basics still suck after all this time!.
kain121818
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-02-26 07:58
is it fixed yet?
_BENGHAZI_07
LY Enlisted: 2013-11-30
2015-03-05 13:36
How can I join?
kain121818
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-03-14 21:51
is it fixed yet?
Sky_collapsed
RS Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-03-19 09:27
kain121818 said:
is it fixed yet?


Dude, support for bf3 is gone, done. They have bf4 and gayline to worry about now.
Kebab? In my Serbia? It Is less likely than you think.
kain121818
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-03-20 20:32 , edited 2015-03-21 22:36 by kain121818
Sky_collapsed said:
kain121818 said:
is it fixed yet?
Dude, support for bf3 is gone, done. They have bf4 and gayline to worry about now.

..... srsly BF2 made me a die hard fan BF4 ruining the series for me and now hardline..... i just hope they wont fuck up BF5 and BF 2143.
KAIDR
Enlisted: 2011-12-09
2015-03-22 10:24
Can any one answer this question?
kain121818
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-03-27 19:52 , edited 2015-06-15 09:20 by kain121818
KAIDR said:
Can any one answer this question?

yesss
bunici101
IE Enlisted: 2013-07-18
2015-06-14 16:46
This post has been removed by the Battlelog administrators.
kain121818
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-06-15 09:20
theDokt0r said:
This thread serves the purpose of only collecting feedback, on how to improve the game. Feedback for Battlefield 4 and 3
1. Commander (That is a must in the next game with everything that the commander from BF2 had, so UAV, Supplies, Scan, Artillery and maybe something more).
2. 5or 6 man squads,
3. Make an option in-game to custom name your squad,
4. Make the game server sided (no more killed behind a wall and other lag client sided related problems),It will stay clean sided but with a much improved netcode.
5. General ranks for BF3 with requirements in time and a high number of points. (This will make a difference between casual and veteran players),
6. Implement the traditional ranking system from Battlefield 2 [bf2awards.com] in Battlefield 4 (except the requirement to be in the top 50 for the 4th service star).
7. Destructibleand repairable bridges Destruction confirmed in Paracel storm.
8. Commo rose with text feed (preferably the same as from BF2),
9. Make at least 12 missions for CO-OP and also from 2-6 players for CO-OP.
10. Squad leader giving tactical orders on any part of the map like in BF2/2142,
11. In-game VOiP,
12. Ability for soldiers to swim underwater,
13. Add a Skirmish mod (multiplayer maps with bots),There will be a tutorial mode in Battlefield 4, where the player can practise everything before playing MP.
14. Limited ammo for vehicles. (This is crucial to prevent basereaping),Ammo will be limited with a slow reloading timer.
15. Choppers and jets rearming and repairing at when flying over airstrip/landing-pad, tanks and other vehicles rearming when entering main base and on supply drops),
16. Limited number of magazines for soldiers (when reloading soldier is spending magazines not bullets),Confirmed for Hardcore mod, hopefully will be in Normal mode as well.
17. Snipers scope reflections needs to be removed (or at-least inside buildings and on night maps),
18. Double the Altitude limit for jets and choppers, (the way it is now, choppers are 2 close to the ground and can easily be taken down by AA and Stingers),
19. LAN support (so that people can have LAN party`s)
20. Reduce the Sun glare(BC2 style was perfect),
21. Reduce or make an option to turn off the Color Filter in vanilla and B2K maps (its just a simple click of a button for you guys to do this and it means a lot for the community).
22. More soldier skins (at least 4 skins per class),
23. Spectator mode, (That would make the job of an admin much easier and also would help with e-sports),
24. Make Russians also attackers on some Rush maps- answered by Gustav [twitter.com]
25. Add a night mod for every map, so that every map can be day or night, add an option in Battlelog so that people can choose between night and day for every map, (simply add a moon on every map, turn some lamp posts ON and that`s it), also make some kind of illuminating flares that would light up the Battlefield on those night maps,
26. Remove the 3D spotting for PC,
27. Add lights on vehicles that can be turned OFF and ON,
28. Dynamical weather system (either the weather to change in a match or an option for the admin to set weather conditions before the round starts),
29. Reduce the requirements for the M:COM Defend Medal,
30. Make a ``Transport medal`` with requirements of some transport kill assist value,
31. Give the defibrillators a cool down between each revive, until it can be used again (2-3 seconds) currently there is the animation but no matter what the soldier in the animation is doing you can revive fallen teammates),
32. Make faction only weapons when playing (Russians can only choose their weapons and those produced in the former Warsaw Pact [en.wikipedia.org] countries in the world, Americans should use weapons produced in US and other NATO countries [en.wikipedia.org],
33. Give official EA/DICE servers for the not so popular game modes like SQ RUSH AK,Confirmed in the livestream that there will be more DICE servers for less popular game modes.
34. Move the Flag capturing indicator from the Center of the HUD to the side,
35. Make the suppression effect to only affect you`re soldier not the bullet spread or remove suppression completely,
36. Add all the camouflages that soldiers have to weapons,
37. Add a classic preset for Battlelog and Procon/Rcon like this one: http://tyni.cc/nueGO [tyni.cc]
38. More different vehicles from the group like MTB, attack choppers. (in BF Vietnam 2004 you had 4 types of choppers for the US team: AH-1G_HueyCobra [battlefield.wikia.com], UH-1 Huey Gunship and Transport chopper [battlefield.wikia.com], ACH-47_Chinook [battlefield.wikia.com].
39. Two seated bomber jets, Battlefield 2 had F-15 Strike Eagle for US [wiki.bf2s.com], SU-30 for China [wiki.bf2s.com], SU-34 Flanker (MEC team) [wiki.bf2s.com],
40. Make Russians speak Russian, not English (check the video from 3:00 http://tyni.cc/ZbSX6 [tyni.cc] ),
41. Stamina meter that limits sprint and jumping (was in BF2-BF2142),
42. Remove the Spawn Protection when getting revived and when spawning on Squad members (keep the protection when spawning on the flags).
43. Add some notification when using the "Need backup" shout, like a flashing icon on the minimap.
44. Pistol customization.

Bugs to be fixed:
1. Fix bug where ammo and medic bags destroy walls (drop 4-5 medic or ammo bags at any wall and it will get destroyed),
2. Fix bug where AC-130 gets destroyed after colliding with MAV,
3. Fix in-game stats for pistols, rockets and some vehicles (they are not showing as on Battlelog (vehicles) or are not showing at all (pistols and rockets).
4. Hand not holding the gun when equipping AEK-971 with M320 and the sign does not collapse after the building does in Karkand and other B2K maps. [imageshack.us]
5. Vehicle load-out resetting bug and weapons camouflage resetting bug. (started happening after the latest Server patch)

Battlelog related:
1. Make Social Platoons (so that everyone can join not just those from the same platform),
2. Make Battlefield 4 a non Battlelog and Origin related game (in terms of starting the game), use Battlelog only as a social and stats gathering platform for users,
3. Some users have reported problems with their premium assignments not updating,
4. Update the Poll in the lower right corner of Battlelog more frequently,
5. In the news section make an option to see all the News in a list that were posted since day 1,
6. Fix the CO-OP dog tags,
7. In the awards section make an option when you click on the award that it zooms in so you can take a closer look at the award (this way its to small to see the award in detail, also the number that indicates how much time you got it is blocking the view,
8. Increase the friends limit to 150 or 200,
9. Option to cancel sent platoon invitations and sent friend requests.(For the person that sent the requests),
10. Classical preset on Battlelog (balance between Hardcore and Normal).
11. Option to search for Custom preset servers.


Map ideas:

-Every map needs to have an option to be a day or night map, that will surely make Battlefield 4 unique.

There should also be a map for every type of terrain (desert, snow, jungle, urban, swamp, mountain). And all of the maps need to be huge, I am talking huge like in BF2 and Battlefield Vietnam with rivers, jungles, bridges, villages, small towns.

The city maps need to be at least triple the size of Seine Crossing, with not just narrow streets but with squares and building that are totally open (all Floors and Rooms). Destruction of some high buildings also needs to be possible.

Also an option to control weather conditions on a map would be awesome (turning rain ON or Off, sand storms on desert maps, Strong wind, snow).

There should be at-least 1 huge Jungle map with bushes, swamps, rivers, small villages, hills, dirt roads.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Video from Phyrefli:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q1qFEcsAb7s [youtube.com]

-New document that contains community feedback that was gathered for BF4: http://www.phyrefli.com/Community_Feedback_for_Battlefield_4.zip [phyrefli.com]

-Phyrefli`s video: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcrm9s1kSrg&feature=youtu.be [youtube.com]

GamerSpawn feedback for Battlefield 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIH0ZILUkCY [youtube.com]



This thread, contains all the important community feedback that was accumulated since the game was released and only servers for collecting feedback on how to improve the current or future games. Don`t get us wrong, this game is great but there are so many possibilities that if used could make this game from awesome to perfection. Do not post anything except feedback in this thread.
Brynin2
US Enlisted: 2012-09-21
2015-08-06 14:34 , edited 2015-08-06 14:48 by Brynin2
..turn this game into something like planetside 2..maybe there's not enough people playing BF PC. MMO first person shooter..2,000 + players on on server , giant maps.. no match reloading...on going battle ...or go play planetside 2.. At least there's people playing planetside. UN like these sad empty a$$ servers. Also ill be calling again...so fix my shit or you can deal with me all day..up to you.


ANY problems CALL EA ; ) cheers
1-650-628-1500
kain121818
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-08-08 06:44 , edited 2015-08-08 06:51 by kain121818
Brynin2 said:
..turn this game into something like planetside 2..maybe there's not enough people playing BF PC. MMO first person shooter..2,000 + players on on server , giant maps.. no match reloading...on going battle ...or go play planetside 2.. At least there's people playing planetside. UN like these sad empty a$$ servers. Also ill be calling again...so fix my shit or you can deal with me all day..up to you.


ANY problems CALL EA ; ) cheers
1-650-628-1500


WIth environmental destruction and hundreds vs hundreds server's communication, everyone would need a Google fibre to play BF. However, doing it like Heroes & Generals could be the right direction for BF series as players will dedicate more time into the franchise.
angelbarrera1995
Enlisted: 2014-10-26
2015-11-15 02:55
why cant i check my game for update or repair it ... it wont let me play unless i patch it or install it ... since its already installed i should patch it then right?
kain121818
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-11-19 08:03 , edited 2015-11-19 08:03 by kain121818
angelbarrera1995 said:
why cant i check my game for update or repair it ... it wont let me play unless i patch it or install it ... since its already installed i should patch it then right?

Sky_collapsed said:
kain121818 said:
is it fixed yet?
Dude, support for bf3 is gone, done. They have bf4 and gayline to worry about now.


that
 
Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.