Battlefield 4 sucks, unfortunately.

WunderKatze
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-10-30 02:27
The multiplayer sucks. Unless you really don't care if it even plays like a battlefield game.
No you.
GhostWarrior1016
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-10-30 02:27
The amount of retard in this thread....

for the umpteenth billion time, if bf4 actually could have worked as a DLC for bf3 I'm WIll Smith.

2013-10-30 02:28
WunderKatze said:
The multiplayer sucks. Unless you really don't care if it even plays like a battlefield game.

uh, no. Your opinion is the minority. And makes you look like a moron.
T3h_HitmAN_90
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-11
2013-10-30 02:29
DICE put effort into SP? Judging from people's opinions they obviously lack talent in creating campaigns then...
DANNYonPC
NL Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2013-10-30 02:31
BF has a singleplayer?
I'm DANNYonPC, and welcome to CasualFeld 4. Want to buy BF4? don't - BF4 is literally one of the worst games i've ever played.. Its terrible
Airborne_Creed17
US Enlisted: 2012-06-11
2013-10-30 02:33
lol am i the only one in the world with something positive to say about this game i liked the sp so far but wished you didn't have to wait on your squad to move up and that recker talked besids that i love it. and for multi i thought people would be complaining that it played alot like bf3 guess im wrong my rating 8/10
I Can Do Everything Through Him Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13
T3h_HitmAN_90
2013-10-30 02:36
DANNYonPC said:
BF has a singleplayer?

More like a title sequence to the opening of saving ryan's privates... or is it saving private ryan?
Tenoko_Lando
2013-10-30 02:38
Hitm4n_90 said:
DICE doesn't do Singleplayer campaigns to any decent standard, it's just not their forte. Their forte is multiplayer and online gaming. In-fact I bet quite a few people don't even bother with the campaign, just install the game and straight into online anarchy!

Too bad you can only get the P90, SAW, Some QBZ variant, the shank, and the Machete by beating singleplayer
IsoyI
2013-10-30 02:38
today I learned this game has singleplayer
JumpsuitJack
US Enlisted: 2011-12-02
2013-10-30 02:39
borongas said:
Hi Guys/Gals,

Just finished the campaign, only took a couple hours on hard, and I am seriously disappointed. There were no chopper/jet missions, no silenced weapons or stealth missions/options, no cool music (except the opening scene) and the whole thing just felt completely rushed out the door. Add to that the amount of system freezes and stupid game bugs that makes you think nobody even tested this game. It's very much like a BF3 expansion pack, only all the buttons are different and everything sucks.

Not really happy that I paid $65 for this but I guess I'm glad I didn't add the $50 into that by getting premium which btw is $115 all in and that is goddam ridiculous. I think COD Ghosts is going to be much better, at least Dice set the bar low for them.

Off to the multiplayer, seem's to be ok. I just hoped for more out of the single player.

The game freezes because you're playing a next gen game on a 7 year old console. Shocker!
And who plays for the campaign. Spoiler, campaign always sucks. Campaign lasts what, 6 hours, while multiplayer lasts 100's. Hmm, which would you base a game off of...
T3h_HitmAN_90
2013-10-30 02:40
Tenoko_Lando said:
Hitm4n_90 said:
DICE doesn't do Singleplayer campaigns to any decent standard, it's just not their forte. Their forte is multiplayer and online gaming. In-fact I bet quite a few people don't even bother with the campaign, just install the game and straight into online anarchy!
Too bad you can only get the P90, SAW, Some QBZ variant, the shank, and the Machete by beating singleplayer

I was actually referring to 4's older siblings, I haven't actually played BF4 yet and based on user reviews I will probably try the game out first before throwing 30 quid away.
xXPrincessGirlXx
US Enlisted: 2012-06-02
2013-10-30 02:41
borongas said:
I realize BF series is MP based and that is why I stated the Single player campaign sucks.

BF3 had a great SP, was hoping for more in BF4.

Then please play the MP also and create a thread about your impressions of the game.
Girls can play Battlefield too!
Tenoko_Lando
2013-10-30 02:43
Hitm4n_90 said:
Tenoko_Lando said:
Hitm4n_90 said:
I was actually referring to 4's older siblings, I haven't actually played BF4 yet and based on user reviews I will probably try the game out first before throwing 30 quid away.

BC1 had a great singleplayer
HoldinMyGrach
2013-10-30 02:46
(SPOILERS) I personally find the campaign more "intimate" than battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 felt like a larger scaled conflict that set your in different views of the situation. Battlefield 4's story was more revolved around getting the mothership back home and working with your squad.

Character development seemed to be mainly revolved around Hannah and Irish, while Recker is more of a silent protagonist (even though he can talk) that keeps the group together somehow. It also brings back the idea at the very end that you can't save everyone! Sometimes you have to make a hard decision. Honestly, I would've wanted to do the job myself at the end, but i didn't get a choice to.

But in terms of how the story and structure of the scenes, I felt it being a little too similar to Crysis. Along with a touch of COD. The carrier attack scenes, being in the transport, breaking down the dam, and overexaggerated explosions, Dima being like Soap from MW2, makes it closer to entertainment than a realistic perspective.

Gameplay wise, I certainly welcome the way they setup the AI. Though i'm not a big fan of how oblivious they can be sometimes, though I like how they try to outmaneuver you and they harass with vehicles. Also how the amount of bullets required to kill is relatively the same as multiplayer's normal mode. It almost felt similar to playing a multiplayer match, but being a lot easier to kill others. The AI has a marked improvement, but it's still AI.

One of the things that made me a little annoyed was how they treated Dima. He looks younger than what he originally was! Not to mention, the lack of detail on his model compared to BF3 was rather disappointing. I'd imagine he lost weight from being in prison for awhile, but i wouldn't have been able to recognize him if he didn't speak. And why did Dice have to turn him into comic relief? Although i found it funny, it's sad that the man who indirectly saved the world (by telling the main character in bf3 where the nuke is) would die so fast after getting out of prison. But, I guess he indirectly saved the world again by helping out Tombstone.

The other one was... Pac. I could've sworn he died in that moment before the group got caught. The way they setup the plot at that moment was very leaning towards Pac dying. I don't know how the chinese soldiers could overlook pac even though he appeared dead. It's just very weird to see him alive and well after what happened.

On the other hand, I would've thought that since Pac was alive, If i had the choice to blow up Chang's ship at the end, Pac would've become squad leader. Why? Garrison called him as leadership material. Dunn said something along the lines of "a wolf must cut off their leg to survive." As squad leader, he made the hard choice of sacrificing himself for his squad and the mission. I would think the main character would've sacrificed himself for the mission just like Dunn did at the beginning. Either way, I enjoyed the gameplay much more than BF3's campaign. Although I felt BF3's campaign had a bit of a more realistic aspect to it.
Intel i7 2600k, Noctua NH-D14 + Shin Etsu x-23-7783D, Gigabyte z77x ud3h, 8gb Cruicial Ballistix low profile, Gigabyte 7870 Ghz edition with Prolimatech MK-26 heatsink, Kingwin STR-500 Platinum rated, Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower, All fans replaced with Prolimatech Vortex 14's @ low rpm, CM Storm Xornet, CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Mechanical Keyboard, Artisan Hien extra soft, Hifidiy Sabre Dac --> Project Ember --> Hifiman He-4
Tenoko_Lando
2013-10-30 02:49
HoldinMyGrach said:
(SPOILERS) I personally find the campaign more "intimate" than battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 felt like a larger scaled conflict that set your in different views of the situation. Battlefield 4's story was more revolved around getting the mothership back home and working with your squad.

That isn't what 4 was about.

The VIP was the biggest plot point.
SexyManPoze4Lif3
US Enlisted: 2012-07-15
2013-10-30 02:50
Why are these CoD derps on here. Activision and Treyarch have trained them to actually care about the SP. Thank you DICE for having a brain.
"If you follow the philosophy that the number of changes dictates the greatness of a game, then frankly, you are very stupid." ~ShapelessHorr0r
FrostFire2k
US Enlisted: 2011-12-02
2013-10-30 02:51
Im gona be real honest here guys, the multiplayer is pretty broken. Try to play a single one without packet loss or bugs. Send me the recording and ill watch it.
SexyManPoze4Lif3
2013-10-30 02:53
And then there's these guys like FrostFire who expect a game the size of an RPG to run smoothly at launch. Little to no technical no how and patience.
"If you follow the philosophy that the number of changes dictates the greatness of a game, then frankly, you are very stupid." ~ShapelessHorr0r
Shamboogie
US Enlisted: 2012-04-20
2013-10-30 02:59
Dice this game sucks ass!!. You fucked up the controls , why in the hell would you change it, just dam stupid. Not buying premium the way this trash plays
SexyManPoze4Lif3
2013-10-30 03:01
And then there's the idiots who won't look at the control schemes...