Kicked by Punkbuster. No packet flow.

pedeque
BR Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-12-08 02:39
Tried everything on forums and on getsatisfaction.com (http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/punkbuster_error_no_packet_flow). [getsatisfaction.com] My ports on router are open for the game. This occurs on some servers, not all of them, i can play the game, but when my friends are on server that occurs this i can't play.

a-uninstalled/reinstalled PB

b-deleted pb folder and registries and ran repair on origin

c-did that:
1. goto C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License
2. config explorer to 'show hidden files/folders'
3. delete the following dll's if they exist: 71069.dlf and 71073.dlf (different file format if windows 64 bit).
4. reboot machine
5. go play BF3

d-did that:
uninstall Punkbuster and then run REVOuninstaller, as well as CCleaner.
That will completely remove PB and all the registry problems...

Then reboot..

Then, reinstall Punkbuster with the PBSVC.EXE file.
Run the update with PBSETUP.EXE and you should be fixed.

If you still get kicked...
sign in to a NON-PB / NON-RANKED server...
Once in... press ESC and select OPTIONS.
Select GAMEPLAY and make sure ALLOW PUNKBUSTER is checked YES.
If not change it to YES...
Exit the nonPB/RANKED server and then join the PB server of your choice.

e-did that (and got 0% on all, except 10th path which said 2%):
1. Go to your PB folder and create a plain text file "pbcl.cfg" in it (use a text editor like "Notepad", make sure it has no additional '.txt' extension). Put the text "pb_logtofile 1" as a single line to it. Then save the file and join a PB enabled server. After getting kicked, you should have a file "pbcl.log" in the PB folder.

2. Open it with notepad
If there is written something like this
pb_LogToFile = 1 (0=No, 1=Yes)
Changing PunkBuster homepath to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BF3\pb\
you shoud go to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BF3\pb\ and find "pbcl.log" in that PB folder.

3. Mine text inside pbcl.log was with this
pb_LogToFile = 1 (0=No, 1=Yes)
Attempting to resolve master1.evenbalance.com
Resolved to (15)
PunkBuster Client (v2.279 | A0) Enabled
Game Version

Not Connected to a Server

PB Services socket initialized
Connected to Server 176.31.157.36:25200
PnkBstrA successfully loaded PnkBstrB
PnkBstrB service installed and started successfully

Not Connected to a Server

Not Connected to a Server If you see this it is time to do next thing

4. Run CMD and next command
pathping -n www.google.com
(or IP of the server you were kicked from It can be found in txt file from the previous item)
there you will see list of nodes 7-18 the signal from your pc have to pass to connect the server.
Next thiss command will chek if there is a packet loss on each node (you will have to wait up to 500 seconds)
Pay attention 0% of packet loss is exellent 1% is acceptable but more then 1% is bad and likely can cause punckbuster to kick you
First three IP's are yours If you have packet loss there it is time to fix your router
Fourth IP packet loss may be caused by bad cable you connected to your providers equipment.
5,6 node If you have loss there It is time to call your provider and ask WTF!? If they say everithing is OK they are mrazishes and you'll have to look for enother provider as I did.

f- unistalled PB with revounistaller and ran CCleaner and reinstalled it and didnt work.

PLEASE, help me, i'm out of solutions and all of these didnt work.
Phantasmage
Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2011-12-08 02:56
Try disabling UPnP.
pedeque
2011-12-08 03:24
i already did that too, didnt work.
OzNod
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-12-08 03:52
I got this from punk buster staff. it worked for me.
Please start pbsvc.exe and run through the uninstall process. After that, run it again and run through the install process. Make sure it uninstalls/installs correctly. Reboot the computer and then try playing again. Vista (and above) users need to start it explicitly with admin rights.

Please make sure you allow the service files in security software like virus scanners and/or firewalls. You will need to allow/unblock the services PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe from your "C:\Windows\system32\" folder (or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" on 64bit systems). In case of doubt, manually add both to your firewall's allow list. After the installation process you will only find PnkBstrA, so just make sure this process file is not blocked. Then try playing on a PB enabled server, in case of a kick, check if PnkBstrB was created and unblock it too.
pedeque
2011-12-08 04:05 , edited 2011-12-08 04:06 by pedeque
OzNod said:
I got this from punk buster staff. it worked for me.
Please start pbsvc.exe and run through the uninstall process. After that, run it again and run through the install process. Make sure it uninstalls/installs correctly. Reboot the computer and then try playing again. Vista (and above) users need to start it explicitly with admin rights.

Please make sure you allow the service files in security software like virus scanners and/or firewalls. You will need to allow/unblock the services PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe from your "C:\Windows\system32\" folder (or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" on 64bit systems). In case of doubt, manually add both to your firewall's allow list. After the installation process you will only find PnkBstrA, so just make sure this process file is not blocked. Then try playing on a PB enabled server, in case of a kick, check if PnkBstrB was created and unblock it too.

did that many times, didnt work too. and yes, its unblocked in firewall and antivirus.