Thread is locked.

Hud removal tweak

PTG_cherrypie
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-12-31 20:44 , edited 2011-12-31 22:35 by PTG_cherrypie
As some of you know dice included a HUD removal command in their latest patch. I was pretty happy when i read about it, unfortunatly when I used it to try it out I noticed it wiped everything on the screen out. Including the deploy window which you get when you die... so you need to go back to the console and enable it everytime you die. Furthermore it removes the crosshairs and the blue markers above your teamm8s making it hard to see the difference between friend and foe (at least for me).

Searching around abit i found another way to alter the HUD which I found way more useful, not sure if it has been mentioned on these forums but i decided to make a thread about it anyway to help those of you looking for an alternative to the console command.

Basically what you do is:

1. Open E:\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings/PROF_SAVE_profile with WordPad

2. Edit GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaHeight and GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth to 2.000000

3. Save the file

If you wish to return to the default then just edit the numbers back to whatever they were before you altered them (mine were 0.950000). This is a CONFIG TWEAK so it should not be any problem with punkbuster or any other anti-cheat, can't guarantee anything though.

So what does it remove?
-Mini map (and the ability to use the "big map")
-Current ammunition in your weapon
-Health
-Squad
-Ticketcounter
-Chatbox
-kills and points popup
-sound when you gain points / kill someone

What stays?
-The objectives on the screen (mcom stations and cap points)
-Blue triangle above friendlies (green over squadmembers) / the red triangle over enemies
-Ability to use tab to see the score
-Kill messages in the top right corner
-Crosshairs
-Hitmarker

Might have missed something but I think thats about it, I hope this helps. Also notice I did not discover this tweak I found it on youtube so big thanks to FRANKIEonPCin1080p for uploading this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5pvPZZzx_c&feature=g-all [youtube.com]
CreamOfSumyungiy
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-12-31 20:47
ehh... I rather keep my account from being ban.
KevinSmevin
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-12-31 20:47
I wish they would let you change the resolution of the HUD, I was trying to do this earlier on the Xbox 360 because I wanted to record some game play but it wouldn't let me. Sucks! I hope when they release their next patch they add that option on the PC & Consoles.
PTG_cherrypie
2011-12-31 20:49 , edited 2011-12-31 20:50 by PTG_cherrypie
HAHA-I-JUST said:
ehh... I rather keep my account from being ban.

It should not be a problem as it does not give you any advantages, furthermore there is already a legit console command to use since the latest patch which remove everything so i dont think dice have a problem with people disabling specific parts of the hud.
LOLGotYerTags
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-12-31 20:59
In that video all he is using is that 'fix' for removing the chatbox etc when the chatbox was on the top right of the screen. ( Pre-B2K Patch )

He is also using FXAA Injector ( I use this too )

And If I want to disable the HUD etc, I just type UI.DrawEnable 0 in the command console.

If you want to hide chatbox just press H to change the display mode of the chatbox ( options are popup / always visible / hidden )

There, Now I've saved a lot of people time by posting the commands here directly rather than watch a video and follow step by step something that takes a few minutes and cut it down to a mere few seconds.

IF you want to have a 'hotkey' for disabling HUD, Download Autohotkey_L from here > http://l.autohotkey.net/ [l.autohotkey.net]

Install Autohotkey_L and then right click the desktop and click New -> autohotkey Script.

Notepad will open.

C&P this into the new script

$f5::

no_hud++
if (no_hud = 1) ;disable bf3 hud
{

Send {vkC0sc029 down}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 up}
sleep, 50
send UI.DrawEnable 0 {enter}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 down}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 up}

}

if (no_hud = 2) ;Enable bf3 hud
{

Send {vkC0sc029 down}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 up}
sleep, 50
send UI.DrawEnable 1 {enter}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 down}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 up}
no_hud = 0
}

return

Close and save the new script and then double click the new script to launch it.

Ingame press F5 to toggle Hud on/off

:)
One day, I shall come back... Yes, I shall come back... Until then, There must be no regrets, No tears, No anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, And prove to me I am not mistaken in mine... I'm a Volunteer Forum Moderator and any views and opinions I share are mine and mine only.. Posts that are not blue posted do not officially represent EA/DICE nor their affiliates.
PTG_cherrypie
2011-12-31 21:09 , edited 2011-12-31 21:13 by PTG_cherrypie
LOLGotYerTags said:
And If I want to disable the HUD etc, I just type UI.DrawEnable 0 in the command console.

If you want to hide chatbox just press H to change the display mode of the chatbox ( options are popup / always visible / hidden )

)

If you read the beginning of the thread you'd see I mentioned the UI.DrawEnable 0 console command already, I just thought some people would prefer the other solution as UI.DrawEnable disables everything, crosshairs, blue/red triangles to tell friend from foe, hitmarkers and objectives which some people might want to still be there (if you watch the video you would notice the health, ammo, chat, squad bar is missing BUT not the triangles and objectives). The reason i posted the video was to give credit where credit is due, i did not find out the tweak myself :). Anyway thanks for mentioning the autohotkey did not know about that one, might be useful for me ;).
LOLGotYerTags
2011-12-31 21:18
No problem.

All the autohotkey script does, Is type the command for you with a single button press.

You can add as many functions to a script as you like though.

For example, If you wanted to enable or disable FXAA with a button press you would add:

$f6::

FXAA++
if (FXAA = 1) ;Enable FXAA
{

Send {vkC0sc029 down}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 up}
sleep, 50
send WorldRender.FxaaEnable 1 {enter}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 down}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 up}

}

if (FXAA = 2) ;Disable FXAA
{

Send {vkC0sc029 down}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 up}
sleep, 50
send WorldRender.FxaaEnable 0 {enter}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 down}
sleep, 50
Send {vkC0sc029 up}
FXAA = 0
}

return

An easier option is to just install AutoHotKey_L and then download my script.

F5 enables/disables HUD ( Toggle )
and F6 Toggles ingame FXAA

http://www.mediafire.com/?6g02etur90w3ef0 [mediafire.com]
One day, I shall come back... Yes, I shall come back... Until then, There must be no regrets, No tears, No anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, And prove to me I am not mistaken in mine... I'm a Volunteer Forum Moderator and any views and opinions I share are mine and mine only.. Posts that are not blue posted do not officially represent EA/DICE nor their affiliates.
PTG_cherrypie
2011-12-31 21:20 , edited 2011-12-31 21:21 by PTG_cherrypie
It works with the FXAA :o?! does it lag when you switch it off and on? Sounds like a great way to see the difference by simply toggle it off and on with a hotkey.
LOLGotYerTags
2011-12-31 21:31
ingame FXAA yep, ( NOT injector )

It's easily the best way to see visual differences by pressing the hotkey on and off :)
TripleDotszz
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-12-31 21:33
They should've made the Battlerecorder instead of some HUD removals..
BF vet since 1942
PTG_cherrypie
2011-12-31 21:35
LOLGotYerTags said:
ingame FXAA yep, ( NOT injector )

It's easily the best way to see visual differences by pressing the hotkey on and off :)

Gotta try that one out ^_^, thanks!

TheRobinGaming said:
They should've made the Battlerecorder instead of some HUD removals..

They should've made the HUD completely customizable :(
MasterGunz67
2011-12-31 22:05 , edited 2011-12-31 22:50 by MasterGunz67
I hope nobody will be banned for this. When I used the command to disable the UI it was so much better! I wanted to change everything just like what you posted. May try this out later, thanks!

So to be clear LOLGotYerTags, your way does the thing the OP's method does?
Fight Hard, Die Well.
PTG_cherrypie
2011-12-31 23:15
MasterGunz67 said:
I hope nobody will be banned for this. When I used the command to disable the UI it was so much better! I wanted to change everything just like what you posted. May try this out later, thanks!

So to be clear LOLGotYerTags, your way does the thing the OP's method does?

Na, what he explained was how to set a hotkey for the UI.DrawEnable 0 console command. The difference between the UI.DrawEnable 0 and the method I described is that The objectives on the screen , Blue triangle above friendlies , Ability to use tab to see the score, Kill messages in the top right corner, Crosshairs, Hitmarker is visible/working, with UI.DrawEnable 0 these things don't show up at all.
Aozora9
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-12-31 23:22 , edited 2011-12-31 23:24 by Aozora9
I don't think anyone would want to remove HUD because it gives you disadvantage.
But for making videos console command is just right.
PTG_cherrypie
2011-12-31 23:38 , edited 2011-12-31 23:40 by PTG_cherrypie
xNero said:
I don't think anyone would want to remove HUD because it gives you disadvantage.

I like it personally, I prefer it "clean" so to speak the bars were not very well made and i found them an annoyance. Also glad to play without over the top popups when you get points and/or kill someone. Only thing i miss is the minimap as you miss out on the spotting people do. I guess I might be in the minority :b im an old cs 1.5/1.6 player so I'm used to simpler HUDS (or the option to simply customize your hud) that only show you what you need to know and feels in place.
MasterGunz67
2012-01-01 01:24
tasty-cherrypie said:
xNero said:
I like it personally, I prefer it "clean" so to speak the bars were not very well made and i found them an annoyance. Also glad to play without over the top popups when you get points and/or kill someone. Only thing i miss is the minimap as you miss out on the spotting people do. I guess I might be in the minority :b im an old cs 1.5/1.6 player so I'm used to simpler HUDS (or the option to simply customize your hud) that only show you what you need to know and feels in place.

I'm with you on that. I prefer the "cleaner" look but is there a way to pick what you disable? I don't want the kill feed to show up either, I have no use for it, among other things.
Fight Hard, Die Well.
PTG_cherrypie
2012-01-01 12:39
MasterGunz67 said:
tasty-cherrypie said:
xNero said:
I'm with you on that. I prefer the "cleaner" look but is there a way to pick what you disable? I don't want the kill feed to show up either, I have no use for it, among other things.

I dont know really, you might be able to by fiddling around with the numbers, have not tried it yet.
Kahuna-Nui
CU Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-01-07 14:18
Does anyone know of a way to remove crosshairs permanently, rather than just when playing hardcore ? I don't use them, and find them distracting.
BandaidsRMyJob
US Enlisted: 2011-12-06
2012-01-10 07:55
i dont want to remove it, just change the position...
DankMemetics
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-08 00:57
I do like the tweak, but not being able to use the larger map is a annoyance. (Also saw that the map does not show up when using mortars).

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.