Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

Tank Hacks

JAlexandreS
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-01-19 09:12 , edited 2012-01-19 09:13 by JAlexandreS
Obviously cheats are an issue in multiplayer video games like BF3. DICE just announced that they are intensifying their efforts on minimizing that. There's something in particular that caught my attention as a 23 star tank mastery player and that is some sort of hacks for tanks. I have seen them do crazy things: double main gun shot, virtually no reload time between shells (faster than my autoloader), and most recently ramming into me and sending me under the map.

Now obviously these might be game glitches but peculiarly, every time something crazy like that happens, I notice that the driver only has one attachment on his tank and it's in the second slot as either zoom optics or thermal optics. And this is the same every time I think the tank driver is hacking.

I'm just hoping someone can shed some light on these events. Is it just the game having a few glitches or is this some sort of tank hack going around?
3Girls1Doktor
LI Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2012-01-19 09:13
Sir, I'm sure that there's no BF3 console hacks. Maybe there's bugs, but surely no hacks.
Sfctyler95a
US Enlisted: 2011-11-13
2012-01-19 09:13
Sir, you just made my day.
Marz_1ns4n1ty
Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-01-19 09:17 , edited 2012-01-19 09:18 by Marz_1ns4n1ty
I have seen them do crazy things: double main gun shot, virtually no reload time between shells (faster than my autoloader), and most recently ramming into me and sending me under the map.

Canister shell..............
JAlexandreS
2012-01-19 09:18
I'm only 21 kid, no need to call me sir. You've never seen anyone you thought was hacking on console?
Finding_Beacon
Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-01-19 09:19
JAlexandreS said:
Obviously cheats are an issue in multiplayer video games like BF3. DICE just announced that they are intensifying their efforts on minimizing that. There's something in particular that caught my attention as a 23 star tank mastery player and that is some sort of hacks for tanks. I have seen them do crazy things: double main gun shot, virtually no reload time between shells (faster than my autoloader), and most recently ramming into me and sending me under the map.

Now obviously these might be game glitches but peculiarly, every time something crazy like that happens, I notice that the driver only has one attachment on his tank and it's in the second slot as either zoom optics or thermal optics. And this is the same every time I think the tank driver is hacking.

I'm just hoping someone can shed some light on these events. Is it just the game having a few glitches or is this some sort of tank hack going around?

-double shot : main-gun - canister shell (sounds about the same)
-belt-speed: makes it look like you can shoot forever if you have cannister shells
-and ramming another tank is nice, try to get under the tank and shoot then, it does more damage
-the information in the killcam is not always reliable. for example: 3x stealth tanks. or getting killed by a l96 sniper while in a tank.
Pre-ordered BF4 for the PC, considering the purchase of a PS4.
Sfctyler95a
US Enlisted: 2011-11-13
2012-01-19 09:20
Leave a reply...
JAlexandreS said:
I'm only 21 kid, no need to call me sir. You've never seen anyone you thought was hacking on console?

There are no hacks for console at all, none.
JAlexandreS
2012-01-19 09:24
duiveltje92 said:
JAlexandreS said:

-double shot : main-gun - canister shell (sounds about the same)
-belt-speed: makes it look like you can shoot forever if you have cannister shells
-and ramming another tank is nice, try to get under the tank and shoot then, it does more damage
-the information in the killcam is not always reliable. for example: 3x stealth tanks. or getting killed by a l96 sniper while in a tank.

Canister shells don't do main gun damage on tanks. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't do that much damage on a tank if any, I've never used it.
It's autoloader for tank.... and like I said I was using it yet he was getting his main gun shots off with less time in between them than mine.
Ramming? I do it all the time. The best was ramming to and LAV and flipping it, watching the 4 people jump out, blowing it up and getting a quad.
and getting killed by L96 while you're in a tank... you just didn't jump in fast enough
Marz_1ns4n1ty
Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-01-19 09:28
Maybe it was just some weird effect of a little lag?
GABR_00
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-01-19 09:32
I was once in a game were the enemy tank would fire four consecutive shots at me Main Cannon, Guided Shell, Main Cannon, Guided Shell, all with out any time in between to reload. I didn't know wtf he was doing he had a repair man as well so even if I snuck up on him it wouldn't matter I was dead before I could get a third shot in.
Dibs on the Tank.
MLPwny
QA Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2012-01-19 09:32
Sooo, you got outplayed by a player with more skill and you're angry? Okay my real response is an unlock (Canister shells?) where you can shoot your main gun and then switch to that and have 2 shots before another tank can reload. Very unbalanced.
Misfits is the greatest show ever.
JAlexandreS
2012-01-19 09:34
could be. That's what I'm thinking. It's not like those players even did good in the game. I've seen what the PC hacks look like from Youtube and it's nothing like that. There's probably some minor bugs to iron out. I can't wait for the patch that's supposed to come in February. Thanks for the incite guys. I probably just need better internet lmao. That and I don't like losing tank fights unless the other guy has an engineer and I don't.
ToytownAssassin
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-24
2012-01-19 09:35
2 guys swaping seats really fast via the citv seat could probably spit out shells quite fast. Must try that out sometime.
xAkantor-
Enlisted: 2011-12-24
2012-01-19 09:41
Yea, best tank strategy is Main Shot, then Guided Shell, then after the guided shell is launched your main gun is reloaded so its like 3 shots in 5-7 seconds. takes out tanks quite easy IMO.
JAlexandreS
2012-01-19 09:42
-MrJ0ey- said:
Sooo, you got outplayed by a player with more skill and you're angry? Okay my real response is an unlock (Canister shells?) where you can shoot your main gun and then switch to that and have 2 shots before another tank can reload. Very unbalanced.

Read above because you're wasting your time. Angry? No. Just noticed something peculiar in killcam multiple times and thought I'd ask.
More skill than me? lol Not to be conceded but I'm one of the best there is with armour. Look at my profile if you want. And I know what canister shell looks like and no it looks nothing like main gun fire. BTW i have a lot more experience than you at this game and in a tank. I don't need pointers from you.

ToytownAssassin said:
2 guys swaping seats really fast via the citv seat could probably spit out shells quite fast. Must try that out sometime.

Now that's an answer that makes sense. I think I'll try that but I'm not sure how fast it will really be...
SilverGod666
US Enlisted: 2011-11-08
2012-01-19 09:46
JAlexandreS said:

The double shot is the guy being smart, using a guided shell and than regular shell right after. Hell i do this, all the time. and there's times im not sure if i fired both shells until I get the disable. The faster fire might just be a visual giltch, or someone doin' what i like to do. I like to switch back and forth from guided to regular even when my guided isn't loaded, i'll switch, pull the trigger cuz if i'm close enough, it rocks my tank like i just fired a second shell. Alot of times it causes the enemy tank driver to jump out in a panick.
The attachments i think are a game bug.
ToytownAssassin
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-24
2012-01-19 09:49
I do the guided shell/normal shot double a lot but I didn't mention that as I'm sure the op notices things like getting locked.
JAlexandreS
2012-01-19 09:51
xAkantor- said:
Yea, best tank strategy is Main Shot, then Guided Shell, then after the guided shell is launched your main gun is reloaded so its like 3 shots in 5-7 seconds. takes out tanks quite easy IMO.

SilverGod666 said:
JAlexandreS said:

The double shot is the guy being smart, using a guided shell and than regular shell right after. Hell i do this, all the time. and there's times im not sure if i fired both shells until I get the disable. The faster fire might just be a visual giltch, or someone doin' what i like to do. I like to switch back and forth from guided to regular even when my guided isn't loaded, i'll switch, pull the trigger cuz if i'm close enough, it rocks my tank like i just fired a second shell. Alot of times it causes the enemy tank driver to jump out in a panick.

Let me just say this really fast. I KNOW ABOUT DOUBLE shooting by switching between main gun and secondary. I've spent over 100 hours doing it lmao. I run guided shell, autoloader and thermal optics. the best way to use that is 2 main gun shots' switch to guided then right back to main gun to kill him. The last 2 shots does 70% damage on a tank if you hit it dead on and he has no chance to get out. That's only if you're not lucky enough to get behind him and drop 2 shots in his ass blowing him up without even whipping out your guided.

I know how to use a tank and I'm better than most people out there. I'm no looking for tank battle tips, I could probably teach you guys a thing or two about that lol.
SilverGod666
US Enlisted: 2011-11-08
2012-01-19 09:56 , edited 2012-01-19 10:01 by SilverGod666
JAlexandreS said:
xAkantor- said:
SilverGod666 said:
JAlexandreS said:

Let me just say this really fast. I KNOW ABOUT DOUBLE shooting by switching between main gun and secondary. I've spent over 100 hours doing it lmao. I run guided shell, autoloader and thermal optics. the best way to use that is 2 main gun shots' switch to guided then right back to main gun to kill him. The last 2 shots does 70% damage on a tank if you hit it dead on and he has no chance to get out. That's only if you're not lucky enough to get behind him and drop 2 shots in his ass blowing him up without even whipping out your guided.

I know how to use a tank and I'm better than most people out there. I'm no looking for tank battle tips, I could probably teach you guys a thing or two about that lol.
I am not giving you tank strats, and I wouldn't be to sure you could teach me a thing or two about them. I've used every variety i can find of the loadouts for tanks, I know what situations call upon what loadout thanks to my experimentation. You have 65hrs in the T90 and 3718 kills. I have 20hrs, and 1k kills in it. So our KPM seems about even, in another 40hrs, i should have if i continue onthis pace, another 2k or so kills. Anyways, I was stating what I think might be happening, not giving you strats
Edited: Another thing that might be happening is a favorite strat me and some of my friends love to do. One of us is gunning, the other driving, when we are fighting a tank, driver fires, hits, jumps in the CITV, gunner jumps in the driver, fires, hits, switches. ETc. This lets you put almost triple the output of fire as the other tank, if both have reactive armor, it gives you double the protection, as well. That might be happening
xAkantor-
Enlisted: 2011-12-24
2012-01-19 10:00
lol, maybe we should all gang up on one team with a batalion of tank 3 seaters XD!