The reasons BF3 is terrible.

MagnumOsprey
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-15 21:40
Before you post " tl;dr ", I'd really recommend reading this. This is the combined frustration from over 15 1942-present day Battlefield vets.

I'd like to outline the issues with this game, the developers and the community. Note: I have played Battlefield from the beginning. That means 1942 and all the rest. Due to cost issues and a broken pc, I switched over to the console as soon as I had enough for a nice 160 GB PS3. A decent console, but Sony's customer support is horrendous, so don't expect to ever have a problem solved with them. So let's go over why BF3 is DICE's biggest failure ( their only failure, if you ask me. But they'll likely continue using Frostbite 2, so I probably won't be sinking 70 dollars+DLC into another one of their games ever again. I will be referencing BC2 heavily throughout the thread. Why? Because it may not have had jets, the maps may not have been gigantic, you may even argue that it is not a real Battlefield game. That's fine. But at least it WORKED the way a shooter should. This is also from a console point of view, as it is posted in the PS3/360 forums.

1. Balance: Weapons

All right, look at this damage chart:

http://symthic.com/?s=bf3 [symthic.com]

Now look at this one for BC2:

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/ [denkirson.xanga.com]

You may be wondering why I added these links. The purpose was to be able to point out the variety in the weapons in BC2 and the similarities between weapons in BF3. I'm going to explain why the BF3 weapon damages need a complete overhaul if this game is ever going to be enjoyable. Notice how the weapons in bc2 that posses a higher rate of fire are balanced by a lower damage. Example, the assault rifles. This is crucial in any FPS video game because not only does it allow for variety between the guns, but it actually makes sense. If a gun has a high damage, then it should have a lower RoF. If it has lower damage, it can be balanced by a high RoF. Guns with high RoF's and lower damage are better for CQB situations, and weapons with higher damages are more suitable for longer range's, because there is enough distance to allow the user to safely fire his shots, whereas he would likely be decimated in close quarters by a weapon more suitable for CQB. The point is, DICE would have to change the damage system for BF3, because a famas shooting 1000 RPM with a damage of 25 and no noticeable recoil, is not balanced compared to an l85 with the same damage, but more recoil and a lower RoF. Makes sense right?

Bolt actions: If you shoot someone in the chest from either 5 meters, or 500 meters with a bolt action rifle ( and you can ask any vet this, I know a former US army Rangers vet who can tell you all about this if you wish) that person is going to be done for. Simple as that. I'm not asking for something exactly like bc2, but chest shots and above should be an instant kill from 10-15 meters. And that's not even very far. Why? Because aggressive recon was fun and enjoyable, and by removing it from the game, Dice has alienated quite a few players.

Shotguns: This is mostly about frag rounds. I don't even think much needs to be said here, because you have all heard by now about the Usas 12 with frag. I shouldn't even have to explain that.

Vehicles: The helicopters in the game are ridiculous. In bc2, sure circle strafing was a problem. But that isn't my issue with BF3. In bc2, it took multiple passes from a helicopter to kill a tank because the gunners 30mm chain gun barely scratched it and the rocket pods were balanced against heavily armoured vehicles. The rocket pods aren't the problem in this game ( although they barely tickle infantry ). No, the problem is the gunners chain gun tearing a tank in half in barely half a flyover. That needs to be fixed. And now we move on to the jets. They're different on the pc because you have more players, but they are nothing more than a gimmick on the console versions. Out of 1000 players, you will find 1 who can actually get kills with the jet. The solution? Remove them from the console versions. All they do is take 4 out of the 24 players out of the fight and into a private little skirmish up in the air with one person dying every 10 minutes. The servers are small enough and we need more players on the ground fighting the battle instead of wasting their time up there because they believe the jets are cool. Disabling a vehicle has been a bad idea from the start. I shouldnt fire an rpg 7 into a growler jeep and not kill anyone. That rocket should get rid of the jeep, not allow everyone to get out and shoot me in the face with a famas or usas. That's the point of rocket launchers.

Prone: Another problem with this game is prone. It allows players to gltich half of their body into walls while they hide waiting for someone to walk by. Because that makes sense. 99% of deaths in BF3 are because of people lying in prone. It's just a bad idea and not needed in the game unless they can ever be bothered to fix the wall glitch.

No private servers: When you take private servers away from clans, they get very angry. I personally don't like clans, but private server support for the people on gamebattles would probably get rid of some pubstacking on this game.

Explosives on the minimap: I shouldn't eve have to say this because this shouldn't be a problem in the first place. AT mines seem pretty useless when they can be spotted once and then remain on the map for the rest of the game don't you think? Same goes for c4.

The last in game problem I'm going to state is arguably the most important. Battlefield, at least in my opinion, has always been a team based game where you PLAY HOW YOU WANT TO PLAY. There is supposed to be variety and you can choose the way you want to play. Aggressive recon took skill to learn and was fair. In bc2 you had the option to choose your preferable weapon. In this game, that doesn't exist because of whiners killing aggressive recon, and the unbalanced weapon damage to RoF system currently in place.

The next massive problem is DICE refusing to fix this game. It has become so natural for developers nowadays to release a 70 dollars piece of trash and say " oh we'll patch it later". This game is Socom 4 all over again. Anyone remember that? Dice won't even fix things any more as they have stated that they are tired and need a break from 'patching'. They say they want to focus on releasing more linear maps as dlc. I'm sure EA has a hand in this, because it's gotta be difficult for dice to release so many great games up until this point and then end up with a Battlefield/CoD/Socom 4 frankenstein game they call BF3. I'm certain it will end up like CoD: Constant overpriced and terrible dlc, and a new game every year.

And finally, the community. You people are a massive problem. You have to speak up if you want a better game instead of staying quiet and pretending that you like BF3. Stop trolling and get something done. This game is tailored for casuals and YOU KNOW IT. I'd at least demand my money back if I were you. Bc2 is actually filling up. A game that came out years ago is now getting more and more players back every day. THAT says something if you ask me. I'm not a troll. I'm not some casual gamer with bad stats. This game is too easy and broken for anyone with a brain to enjoy. But I'm certain this will get flamed by people who will say "get some skill" anyway. But go ahead. Call me a liar. Flame this thread. It'll probably get taken down by mods because I just put this game's skeletons in this closet on public display. But I guarantee you, that if you were to go and play BC2 right now, you would have more fun in an hour then you have ever had on this game. Try it. Unless you're too big of a fanboy.
ThePartyGuy
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2012-02-15 21:42
This post has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.
Genuine_Housecat
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-15 21:42
tl;dr
YoureDoinItWrong
US Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2012-02-15 21:43
tl:dr
I failed the Turing test.
MagnumOsprey
2012-02-15 21:44
ThatsHowITroll said:
OP is a fag, he needs a tissue

Typical fanboy behaviour. Ah well, enjoy your broken game.
Mr_WalrusSaurus
RS Enlisted: 2012-01-12
2012-02-15 21:44
The reason BF3 is terrible:
Moaners like OP. Go play cod where everyone dies in 2 shots.
Kutabare
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-15 21:45
RoF wars FTW!
majezty-rz
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-02-15 21:45
honestly... I didn't read that bro. Just find another game, make some server room for the rest of us.
Shoot first, shoot second - most importantly... shoot last.
ThePartyGuy
2012-02-15 21:46
OP IS A big GIRL
NGG14
VI Enlisted: 2011-12-27
TLDR
I Like Turtles. I Like Titties. I Like Tanks.
MagnumOsprey
majezty-rz said:
honestly... I didn't read that bro. Just find another game, make some server room for the rest of us.

I didn't expect you to. People don't generally like when I state the obvious.
MLPwny
QA Enlisted: 2011-11-05
*Posts why BF3 is terrible in the BF3 forums*

We don't care what you have to say. We're here because we enjoy the game. Go play games you do enjoy. New trailer for an overpriced cod map. Why not go and jizz over that?
Misfits is the greatest show ever.
deetzea
CA Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2012-02-15 21:47
seriously, no one cares OP
Tripptastic87
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
I think I'm in love with you OP... and your 14 other friends :D
lx_Dusty_xl
US Enlisted: 2011-11-04
good post...but i would have to say its fails couse of all the damn cheaters that play now....u can't find a room with out them no more. they are killing the game!
JOKARSTAHP
KP Enlisted: 2011-12-27
Man, no ones gonna read all that shit..
yOu BaD mRo?
ThePartyGuy
2012-02-15 21:48
OP is a BIG cry baby
MLPwny
QA Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2012-02-15 21:48
Looked through you history here and all I see is "BF3 sucks" "This game is the worst shooter ever" going back weeks. Why play a game you hate? Moronic asshat.
Misfits is the greatest show ever.
MagnumOsprey
2012-02-15 21:49 , edited 2012-02-15 21:50 by MagnumOsprey
This is why the community is a problem. The casuals and converts have destroyed the greatest game series so far.

Edit: above: I don't anymore. I'm back to bc2 because I don't feel like playing an input lag, glitchy beta that they have the nerve to call a game.
AustrianFriend
CX Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-02-15 21:49
BC2 is the best game ever made in my opinion. battlefield 3 is garbage but we veterans have to get on with it