Private matches

mattdambrosio
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-25 20:21
cachenrg said:
xShiri said:
Just letting you guys know we see it and we're well aware of this request.
@cdomenici What if the private matches didn't record any scores/points/stats at all?

Instead of just bumping, if you guys could give your thoughts about private matches here, that'd be awesome!
@xShiri: I'm at a loss here. How can you ask that question? Private Matches should be no different to Public Matches. The only difference is that we sort ourselves into teams and play against people we want to play against - and ofcourse score/points/stats do matter as it's time on the Battlefield - a simple win or lose wouldn't suffice.

Think about it, if two clans are playing, the leaders of the clans would want to see how well some players did. Who was the best player, best class, etc. Like on a Public Match. So in order to do so you need the score and points and why not add them to the stats anyway?

What would be nice if we could control weapons available, and at least have one map rotation. Already those are mentioned among others.

because this would make it even easier for boosters and people to pad stats.....

if your going to have private servers they need to be unranked....
ShockPacMan
IM Enlisted: 2011-12-01
2012-02-25 20:21
BUMP and yeah make private servers unranked even thinking about making them ranked is a horrible idea
calavera999
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2012-02-26 11:26
I'm not entirely sure why you need us to suggest features, the concept of private matches isn't exactly new. I'm sure the DICE know exactly what we expect from the feature!

If the private games had the same set of changeable settings that we can find in the server browser that would be sufficient, with the ability to choose a map playlist and ban certain weapons.

Of course this has to be unranked, if stat recording is a big issue for this to work I suggest the post game match report could be a little more detailed for private matches (include top killer, top flag capper, top killstreak, etc). This way clans can see clearly who their strong and weak links are and won't have to record the stats anywhere once the game is over.
RED_Samse
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-02-28 13:30
bump
everyone dreams about private server... please let our dreams come true
Ich bin ganz normal... nur nicht standard.
tCo_Miquinei
PL Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-02-28 13:36
bump

We need private servers otherwise BF3 will die out.
FraggedNation, 12v12 Public Conquest Battlefield PS3 Head Administrator - www.fraggednation.com get competitive! FRAG ON!
Finding_Beacon
Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-02-28 13:37
Miquinei said:
bump

We need private servers otherwise BF3 will die out.
Pre-ordered BF4 for the PC, considering the purchase of a PS4.
WiseWithG36C
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-02-28 13:38
Allahu akbar.
y u no appear
DeadMau5isGREAT
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-28 21:23
BUMP
Forgiven_n_C
US Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2012-02-29 18:12
My team and I have been trying out different ideas. The best so far is simply being able to set our own rules and maps for private game play. We do not need for anything counted and have no need for stats. We have come up with a couple of ideas.

We'd like to be able to remove all hud. EVERYTHING PLS!
This would help in video and overall gameplay enjoyment. Trust me ....we know where A is.

Can we turn our characters voice off? This 1 keeps coming up. BFBC made this possible and most of us grew fond of it.

Is it possible to have the larger maps? Or to select the size of the maps? Would love to have the largest available maps for vehicle only games.

Character selection. Can we get some new skins...dlc ..free.....cheap....

Read over the list for the up coming patches. Agree with most and can live with the rest. I'd like to thank you for your continued support of the community and the players. Look forward to your response.
jonnyc_327
Enlisted: 2011-11-09
2012-03-02 02:11
Bumpitty bump.
Kisj
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-03-02 02:14
private matches with one map only would be sweet, or regular servers with just one map would be awesome too
Hvis du forstår dette burde vi være venner <3 :3
YoFaceMyBawwws
Enlisted: 2012-02-20
2012-03-02 02:20
xShiri said:
@cdomenici What if the private matches didn't record any scores/points/stats at all?

Instead of just bumping, if you guys could give your thoughts about private matches here, that'd be awesome!
well of course nothing would be recorded. that would make it easy mode for boosters and stat padders. and anyone who doesnt realize that is a blatant idiot
jaymz6662
Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2012-03-04 10:40
YoFaceMyBawwws said:
xShiri said:

well of course nothing would be recorded. that would make it easy mode for boosters and stat padders. and anyone who doesnt realize that is a blatant idiot

Yeah it was the same for BFBC2 the stats didnt get recorded and with playing in a clan it was ideal, no-one cared about the stats being recorded. We just want to be bale to play clan matches
sgllocal
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-25
2012-03-04 11:16
bump to keep this on the first page. we need our own private servers, ranked or unranked. just give us them please dice. also guys keep bumping this so it stays on the first page of the forum
whatupguys1
MX Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-03-12 08:51 , edited 2012-03-12 09:01 by whatupguys1
I have to ask, how will the private matches feature work for the consoles? would it be P2P? Also, back in Bad Company 2 you could only make a private match if you gathered 8 people (4 on each team), will this remain the same?

I'm concerned because I know that consoles are much more limited than PCs, at least when it comes to this game, and I need to know what will be the differences between the Console version and the PC version.

I also agree that private matches should remain unranked since they make it very easy for some people to boost. As Calavera999 said I would suggest that the after-action report is a bit more detailed for private matches, that way the platoons can know which members do good and where they do good. The idea of private matches is not only for clan matches and random fun but also for training, wether vehicular or tactical.

It could be quite good, also, if certain aspects of the game could be edited, such as the spawn frequency of the vehicles, ban certain weapons, or restrict them to a certain kind of weapon or soldier class. One specific thing would be to restrict it to only RU vehicles or US vehicles to make a fair match when going for vehicle battles, since we all know some vehicles have better handling, are faster or have better armour than others of the same class. (example: Mi-28 vs AH-1z or the Su-35 vs the F35.)
Is anyone even reading this? lol
BIG-LENCH
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-12 09:02
whatupguys1 said:
I have to ask, how will the private matches feature work for the consoles? would it be P2P? Also, back in Bad Company 2 you could only make a private match if you gathered 8 people (4 on each team), will this remain the same?

P2P??

its called RENT-A-SERVER

pretty much speaks for itself.

See those servers on the browser? someone "renting" one would customise the settings and you would find them by checking the "Unranked" box in search settings
http://www.youtube.com/kingpinlench
whatupguys1
MX Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-03-12 18:08 , edited 2012-03-12 18:37 by whatupguys1
its called RENT-A-SERVER

pretty much speaks for itself.

See those servers on the browser? someone &quot;renting&quot; one would customise the settings and you would find them by checking the &quot;Unranked&quot; box in search settings

Renting? so we have to pay for this?

Im sorry but many other games offer the "private match" feature for free, and as much as it hurts to say it, every CoD game has that feature and even BC2 had it. I dont see why we should pay 20$ to 40$ a month just to have some fun without compromising your team or stats. This Rent-A-Server thing is only aimed towards the most serious BF3 gamers, those who go for clan matches or game battles or that simply have the money to waste on such a thing for they casual enjoyment, and I really think thats less than 10% of the community. Not everyone can afford this kind of thing, and we have the same right to have fun with the game as everyone.

BC2 had the ability to create P2P private matches, and the graphics and environment destruction of the game werent that far behind from BF3 (quite the opposite). I really dont see why it would be impossible to do the same with BF3 if at least with some restrictions (8 players per team max.). My suggestion here would be to have BOTH the Rent-A-Server feature, for those who need fully customizable matches and have a big enough community to fill in those servers, and have private P2P matches for those who only look for some training or casual fun.
Is anyone even reading this? lol