How the PARTY work? My team is always splited

LEO033
CN Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-01 23:38
I and three of my friends sometimes play BF3 together, and we are in the same party created by me. Although we are in the party and those three directly join my game, they are always distributed into the other team. Meanwhile, a game so called COD does have a function to secure all the players in one party always in the same team. Is it that BF3 has this function and I was stupid, or we are just meant to try our luck?
klassenoten
NL Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2012-03-01 23:40
Try your luck, really.

Can't join with 4 people into the same team if teams are already balanced.
LinkZeppeloyd
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-03-01 23:40
I find this to be ridiculous as well. No, a party does not keep you on the same team.

However, lately, it has seemed to keep my friend and I on the same team, even when teams are randomized, balanced etc. I don't know if that's just been luck or if being in a party makes it less likely you'll be switched.
SnakeBitLegend
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-01 23:41
I think its because as soon as you join the server, it autobalances everyone to make the teams even
LEO033
CN Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-02 00:58
LinkZeppeloyd said:
I find this to be ridiculous as well. No, a party does not keep you on the same team.

However, lately, it has seemed to keep my friend and I on the same team, even when teams are randomized, balanced etc. I don't know if that's just been luck or if being in a party makes it less likely you'll be switched.
Once four people are in the same party while in the same squad, we are always together in the later games.
LinkZeppeloyd
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-03-02 01:01
SnakeBitLegend said:
I think its because as soon as you join the server, it autobalances everyone to make the teams even

I know, and it shouldn't. I understand that teams need to be balanced and sometimes randomized.

However.... people in a party should not be split up, even during these processes. If the server randomizes, the whole party should be treated as a unit and switched all together, or not at all.

If team balancing is needed, same thing. Just treat a party as an indivisible unit and prioritize switching single players.