Thread is locked.

STOP renting private servers!

Marticus100
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-22
2012-03-30 08:50 , edited 2012-03-31 18:42 by Marticus100
OP HAS BEEN UPDATED PLEASE READ THROUGH TO THE BOTTOM OF THE POST:

Guys in case people have missed the threads there are some serious issues going on right now that need to be resolved before ANYONE continues to rent private servers.

A: Servers are dissapearing. there have been several threads here recently with people saying their servers that they have paid good money for are simply dissapearing.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347953653651/1/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

B: It seems possible that servers are being removed because the admins are kicking players. yes you heard that right. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624955045096/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
(UPDATE: read below it appears this may not now be correct, but we are waiting on the resolution of this particular case)

C: From EA T&C it appears that they reserve the right to remove your server if you try to enforce other rules on your server such as weapon restrictions. (which considering the above thread seems a distinct possibility)

D: add onto both of the above EA's COMPLETE incompetence in dealing with the smallest issue and we are starting to have a serious problem here.

I would advise anyone considering renting a server to hold off at least until these issues start getting resolved.

UPDATE:

if you have lost a server without explanation or unfairly try this:

GekkogEaR said:
866-543-5435 this is the number....
call and give the info when needed, once they ask how to help ask to be transferred to the BF3 Rental Server Program Team..
keep in mind youll have to call 10 times minimum to find a adviser with a brain as it is EA. luckily i got someone with a clue the 6th time i called.

UPDATE 2:

OK Guys. futher to the information above there has been several other things come to light over the rest of the thread. i will try to cover them here.

1: there appear to be an issue currently which is causing Servers to go down / disappear.
this is not related to any breaking of rules / TOS this would appear to be simply a bug / glitch that EA are looking into.
hopefully this is the reason for the majority of 'missing' servers
source:

lucas8181 said:
I don't know that they are taking servers away due to people being kicked. At least, according to the security team we are allowed to, thus the kick/ban options. He told me that mine was down because of all of the changes I made. The servers go into a que and are restarted after major changes are made. That process took a while in my case so a temporary public server was in its place until it was back up. They are hoping to speed that process up over the next few weeks. This is also the reason that they are slowly introducing more servers instead of all at once. Its a new technology for consoles so they are still working out the details.

full thread here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347953653651. [battlelog.battlefield.com]

2: there is currently a lot of conflicting information regarding the TOS / Rules about running a server.
The rules state that dice do not allow certain situation to occur on the rented servers.

Please make sure you familiarise yourself with the full TOS here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489672102481/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

be aware that these rules only apply to RANKED servers.

3: As i have said above it would appear that in at least one case a server was removed due to a player getting kicked. and although in that case it may have been a missunderstanding it would seem that the rules are somewhat vague in this area.

For example. would kicking a player on a ranked server to make room for a team mate or kicking the whole server in order to start a private match be covered under :
Creating a play environment which, by definition or action, creates an inflated scoring scenario

according to more that one EA representative the admin of a server is free to kick any player they like.

lucas8181 said:
A post from twitter:
can ADMIN ban anyone from their server for any reason?

@SgtEyedea YES. SERVER ADMINISTRATORS CAN KICK AND BAN PLAYERS FROM THEIR SERVERS.^SA
53 minutes ago

Eyedea‏@SgtEyedea

@Battlefield So i wont get in any trouble if i kick,ban a player i dont like?

@sgteyedea Your server your rules.^SA

Battlefield via twitter seems to disagree. I also spoke with the security guys today. They told me the exact same thing.

That being said it would be nice to have an official release on both the current state of the afore mentioned glitch and maybe some clarifications on the rules surrounding kicking players and what would result in you loosing a server.

I would also like to know what the investigation procedure entails and reassurance that the admin of a server will at very least have Advinced warning / the orrortunity to correct any mistakes in a server setup PRIOR to them losing their server / money.

phew i think thats everything.
Mindset_I
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-30 08:50
you put C twice

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Me? A troll? lolwut
No, he's insane.
Marticus100
2012-03-30 08:51
LOL fixed thanks
TSprout
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-03-30 08:51
ONR_Mindset said:
you put C twice

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Me? A troll? lolwut
lol
CyS_RobotDog
ZW Enlisted: 2012-02-07
2012-03-30 08:52
+1 for community member helping community members
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3q5d1a/
Pistola_de_Plata
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-30 08:53
bump
RetroVirus001X
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-06
my server went down last night some time, and for some reason i cannot access the server settings from inside the game but can manage the server from the startup menu, whats going on? i paid money for this, im gonna want a day refunded at this rate!!
http://www.youtube.com/pixelmurdered
DU_HA55T
My server shows up but I cannot control it at all.
Chillinggriz
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-30 08:55
Marticus100 said:
Guys in case people have missed the threads there are some serious issues going on right now that need to be resolved before ANYONE continues to rent private servers.

A: Servers are dissapearing. there have been several threads here recently with people saying their servers that they have paid good money for are simply dissapearing.

B: Servers are being removed because the admins are kicking players. yes you heard that right. EA in their infinite wisdom have decided that if you kick a player they can remove your server from you. even though you have paid money for that right. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624955045096/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

C: From EA T&C it appears that they reserve the right to remove your server if you try to enforce other rules on your server such as weapon restrictions. (which considering the above thread seems a distinct possibility)

D: add onto both of the above EA's COMPLETE incompetence in dealing with the smallest issue and we are starting to have a serious fucking problem here.

I would advise anyone considering renting a server to hold off at least until these issues start getting resolved.

Its a bit poor when you can't kick players from your own server.
Surely if you pay for it you do as you choose.
Better to burn out than to fade away.
Marticus100
2012-03-30 08:55
have you guys contacted EA? i would advise calling. live support is not any help
HCTK77
US Enlisted: 2011-11-29
2012-03-30 08:58
Shocker. Another great idea put out on the market far before its ready.
malicioushangman
2012-03-30 09:01
contact whatever govt. body has oversight on these things. if your paying for a server so you can control it, then you had better keep that control. i think the Better Business Bureau can help
Marticus100
2012-03-30 09:05
Can we get a Mods input into this possibly?
CyberRec0n
2012-03-30 09:07
Marticus100 said:

B: Servers are being removed because the admins are kicking players. yes you heard that right. EA in their infinite wisdom have decided that if you kick a player they can remove your server from you. even though you have paid money for that right. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624955045096/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

D: add onto both of the above EA's COMPLETE incompetence in dealing with the smallest issue and we are starting to have a serious fucking problem here.

+1 sad part is I didn't have any restrictions! I only kicked a booster!
風 Swift as the wind 林 Quiet as the forest 火Conquer like the fire 山 Steady as the mountain
dAcHrOnIc
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-30 09:09
I rented a server and when I did I cannot recall accepting any terms or conditions and I dont recall accepting any terms or conditions because there werent any, as such I presumed they accepted my money and bought their product as is.
Trying to enforce terms and condition upon server rentals after transaction is complete isn't just illegal, it's immoral.

I expect such things from EA because they are money-grubbing whores but I'm saddened that Dice allows such behavior as ultimately the blame and slander to the reputation falls to them.
Marticus100
2012-03-30 09:09
CyberRec0n said:

Yeah before i pay money for anything i want assurances that i will have control over my own server and the right to run it as i please.

that is what we are paying for after all.
GekkoGearGaming
2012-03-30 09:11
this is bullshit...we payed for a 3 month server!!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/376812115682880/ [facebook.com]
Against Abusive Admins. AAA club
santanderp
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-30 09:14
You are not allowed to kick for no reason.. If they report you for doing so EA can take the server back and not giving money back
malicioushangman
2012-03-30 09:14
CyberRec0n said:
Marticus100 said:

as should have been your right, there are too many people who boost, and dice only does something about it everytime they patch something, and no other time. its so dumb. If these guys did what they are supposed to, you wouldnt have to take matters into your own hands like that
whatupguys1
MX Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-03-30 09:16
Thanks to Marticus100 for putting this out there for us to see. Bumping this thread with justice and righteousness so others can know whats happening. EA cant go around doing what they with servers that should technically be our property (property of the renters), much less when there are no conditions or terms set up yet, like it was said already, thats actually illegal.
Is anyone even reading this? lol

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.