hardcore vs. normal

megatron82195
US Enlisted: 2011-11-19
2012-05-04 15:02
which mode takes more skill?
SpiceyMcNasty
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-05-04 15:07
Hardcore takes more team work. You don't have a kill cam to show you where the enemy is, and no hit select and spot the whole map.

Both take skill
Spend Money!
CamelTail
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-05-04 15:09
Also with no idea of how much ammo you have makes it fun.
Dont forget your pilot's helmet while flying your jet. It will keep you from licking the windows and will allow you to concentrate on not flying in a straight line directly at the gunship.
AldirTheBlood
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-05-04 15:09
I think it's even. In normal you can find everyone by just looking for the floating, glowing doritos over everyone's head but they take almost a full mag to kill and don't need Corpsmen or Engineer's so much because of regenerating health. In hardcore you have to actually actively seek out the enemy visually and your wounds don't heal up like you're Wolverine and you can't take as much damage. So I think each mode's unique play style makes them pretty much equal.
spikeychris
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-26
2012-05-04 15:11
megatron82195 said:
which mode takes more skill?

on the one hand hardcore doesn't have mini map, ammo count, hipfire crosshairs etc.

on the other hand hardcore you kill in very few bullets so killing people is much easier.
Bourbon75
US Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2012-05-04 15:12
I like hardcore porn.
Fecal transplants have a 92% success rate. My stool is now on the market. Any buyers?
SpiceyMcNasty
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-05-04 15:13
CamelTail said:
Also with no idea of how much ammo you have makes it fun.


Nothing like "Click click click" in the middle of a firefight.
Spend Money!
k_RoII
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-05-04 15:14
spikeychris said:
megatron82195 said:
which mode takes more skill?
on the one hand hardcore doesn't have mini map, ammo count, hipfire crosshairs etc.

on the other hand hardcore you kill in very few bullets so killing people is much easier.

what hardcore are YOU playing? I ONLY play HC and there is DEFINITELY a minimap, unless its unranked...
a7ime7raveller
CA Enlisted: 2012-01-26
2012-05-04 15:15 , edited 2012-05-04 15:15 by a7ime7raveller
Hardcore is awesome but ever since the server patch it's been really hard trying to find a normal game instead of playing up to ridiculous amounts of points.
Bourbon75
US Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2012-05-04 15:15
I like softcore porn too. Cinamax.
Fecal transplants have a 92% success rate. My stool is now on the market. Any buyers?
Ooh-Aah_JP
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-05-04 15:16
^^

normal porn has more skill
"My movements are to a significant degree dependent on planetary alignments."
spikeychris
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-26
2012-05-04 15:17
k_RoII said:
spikeychris said:
megatron82195 said:
which mode takes more skill?
on the one hand hardcore doesn't have mini map, ammo count, hipfire crosshairs etc.

on the other hand hardcore you kill in very few bullets so killing people is much easier.
what hardcore are YOU playing? I ONLY play HC and there is DEFINITELY a minimap, unless its unranked...

Last hardcore server I played on didn't have a minimap but it was a rented server maybe they disabled it.

I severely dislike hardcore servers because they bore the tits off me people die far too easily.
Bourbon75
US Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2012-05-04 15:17
RRJP said:
^^

normal porn has more skill
How so?
Fecal transplants have a 92% success rate. My stool is now on the market. Any buyers?
L3GIONx
US Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2012-05-04 15:18
I play both normal with my group and hardcore by myself. I find Hardcore to be easier to play. The dorito thing everyone that play hardcore complains about does not make it easier to play. I die more often because of the dorito. When I want to play casual I play hardcore. I do like both though
Looking for a competitive team
k_RoII
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-05-04 15:18 , edited 2012-05-04 15:20 by k_RoII
@SpikeyChris

Then it was an "unranked" server.

SteveSpag said:
Hardcore is awesome but ever since the server patch it's been really hard trying to find a normal game instead of playing up to ridiculous amounts of points.

That's because ticket count is pretty much the ONLY option you can change to keep a Hardcore server ranked.
kashperanto
Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2012-05-04 15:20 , edited 2012-05-04 15:21 by kashperanto
spikeychris said:
megatron82195 said:
which mode takes more skill?
on the one hand hardcore doesn't have mini map, ammo count, hipfire crosshairs etc.

on the other hand hardcore you kill in very few bullets so killing people is much easier.

There is a mini-map. IMO hardcore is core, and there is no hardcore mode in this game. Killing is definitely not 'easier' just because the bullets required are less, because it is a two-way range. People also forget there is no giant red name that appears over anyone that you aim at (or happen to look at accidentally). Spotting is bad on its own, but having a big red name to aim at helps more than you think.

More weapons are usable in hardcore, where in vanilla you are restricted to the few good guns if you wan't to have any chance. Vehicles also take more skill since there is no spotting to help you hit tanks from a jet or helicopter, but the vehicle health is the same as normal.
Redstripe101
US Enlisted: 2011-12-31
2012-05-04 15:22
megatron82195 said:
which mode takes more skill?


hardcore takes skill, you actually shoot at people, not red triangles
making 'em mad since below radar QQ
JettsonBE
BE Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-05-04 15:23
Redstripe101 said:
megatron82195 said:
which mode takes more skill?
hardcore takes skill, you actually shoot at people, not red triangles

yeah, but you only need to spray at them and they will die, on normal you have to actually aim and get a lot of bullets on target!



Normal = skill
[iCon] Inevitable Consequence - Legend ✪ⓅⓁⒶⓃⒺⓉⓈⒾⒹⒺ➁✪
spikeychris
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-26
2012-05-04 15:23
k_RoII said:
@SpikeyChris

Then it was an "unranked" server.

SteveSpag said:
Hardcore is awesome but ever since the server patch it's been really hard trying to find a normal game instead of playing up to ridiculous amounts of points.

That's because ticket count is pretty much the ONLY option you can change to keep a Hardcore server ranked.

I am 100% it was a ranked server as I earned points kills and ranked up playing on it and its on my favourite server list.
polc07
IE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-05-04 15:24
I play hardcore always, personally it's more realistic as u don't have to use a full clip to kill someone, also no kill cam to find who last killed u , where's the fun in knowing where the guy is that killed u , ruins the game IMO !!