Stinger/Igla broken

Kingdom9214
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-05-07 03:47
The range has been nerf'd so bad that it impossible to shoot a chopper down, I'm sick of getting heliraped ! The stinger/igla were useless before the patch now they're completely useless. Also the Below Radar perk needs removed. Every game some guy just speeds around in a Viper and rapes everyone, and you can't lock on because he fly's out of your range or he's under radar.

Here's two example games where guys just exploited a broke system ! Below Radar+ EMC/Flare + Tiny rocket range = pure rape !

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/31167185/1/249827794/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/31166112/1/249827794/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
DJTurna
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-05-07 04:47
i second this, i cannot target with the IGLA at all, even if people do not have the tracking jammer being used, the range is extremely short, talking about 2 metres ingame at best outside that, cannot lock onto the target
44004A-Town
US Enlisted: 2012-02-17
2012-05-07 05:01
So you want to base this on a smart pilot huh? You people have some serious issues with wanting everything nerfed im sorry. How about if you notice he is flying that low you change up to a damn rocket and blow him up that way? How about a tank takes notice and blows him out of the sky? Maybe you just need to be smarter about what you do and not stand out in the open where a chopper can kill you while you are raging about your stupid stinger not locking on. There is a lot of risk for a heli pilot flying low so stop whining about nonsense and adjust to the situation.
DJTurna
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-05-07 05:09
44004A-Town said:
So you want to base this on a smart pilot huh? You people have some serious issues with wanting everything nerfed im sorry. How about if you notice he is flying that low you change up to a damn rocket and blow him up that way? How about a tank takes notice and blows him out of the sky? Maybe you just need to be smarter about what you do and not stand out in the open where a chopper can kill you while you are raging about your stupid stinger not locking on. There is a lot of risk for a heli pilot flying low so stop whining about nonsense and adjust to the situation.

your snide attitude wont get you anywhere here, i suggest you try using the IGLA for yourself, it really does not lock on at all, you think jet pilots are really going to swoop so low to the ground so often, because they dont :/ seriously, try the IGLA for yourself, and compare it to the stinger, the IGLA cant even lock on to targets at all, unlike the stinger.
44004A-Town
US Enlisted: 2012-02-17
2012-05-07 05:40
DJTurna said:
44004A-Town said:
your snide attitude wont get you anywhere here, i suggest you try using the IGLA for yourself, it really does not lock on at all, you think jet pilots are really going to swoop so low to the ground so often, because they dont :/ seriously, try the IGLA for yourself, and compare it to the stinger, the IGLA cant even lock on to targets at all, unlike the stinger.
I have used it and like i said if i see the heli pilot on the other team flying low like that i switch to rpg/smaw or i get in a tank and blast it with either canister shell or a tank round. You cant be mad at a smart heli pilot is all im saying. Im guessing you dont get in heli's very much and its a lot more difficult than you think in those. Good jet pilots make it hard for them to do anything as well as smart tankers. While we are on the subject of jets swooping low i see it all the time. I have run across many great jet pilots that do strafing runs and take out infantry all the time. I just hate that when people run across good players they scream nerf! I like a challenge personally.
IssacSpace
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-05-07 06:30 , edited 2012-05-07 06:40 by IssacSpace
Man Pad like Stinger in BF3 aren't there to dominate the sky as what had DICE had informed.

The key is .......did it prevented the pilot from attacking Infantry?

If it did, than it's doing the job correctly.

For others who are suggesting to switch with RPG are just numb nuts! Heli pilots aren't that dumb to fly aways at low height. Once they detect that there are no radar lock or heat-seeker lock, they will fly high and start attacking Infantry. If they know someone using heat-seeker of Laser lock, they will fly low. Simply put, you'll have to die first before you can switch to RPG from Stinger or get killed first to lower your K/D. Switching about is not a good idea with this method.

Playing in public servers are the worst thing for Infantry, where nobody gives a damn about Heli or Jets. They enjoy being attack by them.

The chances of RPG hits are very low, unless you're cowboy with his guns in the open which you'll be dead in less than 3 seconds. Only lucky RPG hits are lucky and are rare, don't forget lag is a factor that your rocket will not point to the correct direction.

To destroy a Heli, it requires a lot of learniing process and time consumimg. It is why Multiplayer BattleField games aren't popular among the majority.
sc_ajk29
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-05-07 06:48
You forgot when pointing the Stinger/IGLA at enemy aircraft, nothing happens for like 5 min. Don't know WTH Dice was thinking there.

44004A-Town said:

Ever play BF2?
SturzAdler
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-05-07 06:51
Both of these players have spent more time in attack helicopters than you in the entire game
Deal with it
Steinmur
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-05-07 06:55
This post has been removed by the Battlelog administrators.
MechaAkuma
SE Enlisted: 2011-11-26
2012-05-07 13:11
I have spent probably over 50 hours playing as Engineer, my total kills with IGLA/Stinger = 8... enough said.

What is essentially severely broken about the aircraft vs AA dynamics in the game has to do with how stupidly unblanced it is.
Constructive criticism:

* Aircrafts have *U-N-L-I-M-I-T-E-D* flares (Vs. Engineers have a very limited amount of IGLA/stingers)
Even if the cooldown time for flares have been severely increased it doesn't change the fact that their ammo on flares in unlimited making it pretty much impossible to take any of them down. Who in their right mind thought that this was a good idea... it is just mind boggling.
Make the game more interesting, make it so that aircrafts have to GO BACK to hangars and fuel up on flares or add extended flare perks that replace other perks that already make aricrafts ridiculously overpowered

* Aircrafts have unlimited fuel
This is entirely ridiculous, as previously shown by the OP, people can exploit the aircrafts ability to stay on the air as much as the entire round
They get into position, shoot the target, then fly away out of AA range, rinse and repeat to the end of time.
As stated before - left aircrafts refuel at places or give them perks that extend flighttime

* Aircrafts can fly and shoot perfectly fine even if disabled
This is even more ridiculous than the fact that they have unlimited fuel - EVEN if you have the insane one-in-a-,million luck of actually HITTING a craft with an IGLA/Stinger missile, the damage it dashes out is entirely pathetic, it doesn't even blow up the aircraft, no it merely "disables" the aircraft, however the pilot can fly the craft just fine and shoot you without any hindrance. If an aircraft is truly DISABLED, then it should DROP LIKE A ROCK from the sky - not blow up instantly, but be in total uncontrollable FREE FALL.

* Aircrafts can tolerate a ridiculous among of damage from bullets
Even if you chose in pure desperation shooting an aircraft with whatever rifle or mounted turret you have, the damage it dishes out is like a peashooter.
Aircrafts should be able to become significantly damaged - even more so from mounter turrets on LAV/Tanks/Jeeps and/or miniguns from choppers.
Aircrafts can absorb more bullets than spondges for some really odd reason.

* Only *ONE* 9K22 Tunguska/LAV-AD per team.
This is utterly ridiculous, why is only *ONE* AA-tank given out per team? The most effective and crucial tank unit IN THE GAME that can do any kind of significance on the battlefield against aircrafts is SEVERELY limited. Why?!???!! This makes utterly no sense, what is even worse is that more than often one person in the team practically hogs the ONE AA-tank the entire round and camps with it making the only viable AA-countermeasure in the entire GAME utterly useless.
Give out AT LEAST 2-3 AA-tanks to each team, right now the AA-tank is the most underused veichle in the entire game.
I've spent more than 50 hours as Engineer/200 hours in-game and I *N-E-V-E-R* had the opportunity to be inside one of them because someone else already took it and stayed in there for the whole match.

There is without a doubt a severely imbalance when it comes to the Aircraft vs AA dynamics in Battlefield 3, the fact that aircrafts have unlimited flares and Engineers don't have unlimited rockets pretty much proves that.

Please fix this
Make it so, DICE
PinkBattleThong
Enlisted: 2012-03-02
2012-05-07 13:12
Anyone who doesn't fly knows this already. And those who fly think AA is OP :D
BlindChance
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-05-07 13:15 , edited 2012-05-07 13:37 by BlindChance
Use RPG. No I am not joking. It is your only hope, except sniping the pilot out of a chopper or hitting it with a tank shell. Yes al of them work only in specific situations which can be easily prevented by a smart heli pilot.

Yes DICE bent over to aircraft whores where is our AT4 ?
Battlefield Veterans' den: www.mordorhq.com
MechaAkuma
SE Enlisted: 2011-11-26
2012-05-07 13:51
On WHAT PLANET can an RPG *POSSIBLY* hit a lowflying chopper? The rocket is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too damn slow, the chances of hitting a flying target with an RPG is a billion to one.
PepPeronhi
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-05-07 13:55
I only use RPG now cause aircraft tend to stay low since the below radar buff. I swith to stinger/igla from time to time to "scare away" the better pilots. sometimes i get a hit, but that´s very unlikely to happen
Was meint Ihr was hier los wäre, wenn mehr Menschen verstehen würden, was hier los ist?
Sen7ryGun
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-05-07 14:01
Strongly agree. Stinger/IGLA are useless atm. Myself and a couple of friends (2x engies w/ stingers and a support to dump ammo/reinforce our position) spend an entire game of Oman (600 tickets, not a short match) in one location trying to stop enemy aircraft from reaming us at the beach.

2 stingers working together to take out a single heli was not possible. We landed multiple hits on the choppers several times and not even a disable. We never landed a single hit on a jet for the whole game.

The range is useless, it hits like a wet paper ball, half the time it misses its target even when no counter measures are deployed.

I can understand perfectly why a single stinger should not be able to dominate aircraft or airspace. I agree with the general consensus that a lone stinger should be an area lockout/deterent rather than a flat out aircraft killer. However when 2 engineers get together and operate as a surface to air battery releasing a constant stream of missiles while being force fed ammo I do expect to see aircraft falling from the sky within our lock range.

The situation with man pad AA systems at the moment is totally fucked and needs something done.
Hodor_Cometh
Enlisted: 2011-11-09
2012-05-07 14:09
Its really sad that you need RPG for AA instead of stingers.

Stingers are useless.
GeDaFuqOfDaCrane
CN Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-05-07 14:45
i hate ppl say things like "use the RPG instead"
RPG is not meant to be an anti-air weapon. neither is javelin.
OMGOOSES
US Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-05-07 14:48
The effective range on aircraft is greater than most counter measures. fun and balanced.
DANNYonPC
NL Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2012-05-07 14:49
Its pretty worthless :(

even a tank is more usefull -.-'
I'm DANNYonPC, and welcome to CasualFeld 4. Want to buy BF4? don't - BF4 is literally one of the worst games i've ever played.. Its terrible
MAGNUSDUCTOR
ZA Enlisted: 2012-01-05
2012-05-07 14:55 , edited 2012-05-07 14:57 by MAGNUSDUCTOR
Well then just make the IGLA one hit one kill if its so terrible. I also find it horrible.

Maybe a new patch should have laserguided AA launchers that are faster than the javelin (Jet dominance must be balanced), but does less damage.
VISIT THIS SITE: http://www.gamefanshop.com/partner-potatoshop/