Thread is locked.

How to calculate the bullet drop?

URLOPERATOR
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-05-30 18:52
Not really how to calculate but to know how high to aim up is what im saying.
Ive gotten use to know how much I should aim up when im sniping but im not usually accurate, usually when I camp with a bipod on firestorm or something I usually just fire one shot to get a good idea how much the bullet would drop from where I am shooting but the enemy isnt always going to be that far away, they're either farther or closer...
Can someone tell me how I can accurately aim when sniping far distances? Im not so sure just need a little tip.
Who's the one on 21 jump street? NOT THE CHEAT
Cole_deZeiss
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-05-30 18:55
Pick one rifle and scope and stick with it. With practice, estimating the drop will become second nature and you'll be able to hit shots just by seeing how big the guy appears in your scope.
ShadowRemorse
2012-05-30 18:56
well it all comes down to how much time and practice you have put in. What rifle do you use.

>>HOW TO READ A MIL DOT SIGHT or SCOPE<<
http://www.mil-dot.com/articles/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-your-mil-dot-reticle [mil-dot.com]
This link will tech you how to read a mil dot scope or sight. estamate range and other factors of shooting

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/12x_Ballistic_Scope [battlefield.wikia.com]
Link above is all about the Ballistic Scope and the info behind it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSO-1 [en.wikipedia.org]
link above shows how to read a PSO-1 Scope

http://www.dragunov.net/scopes/svd_ret.jpg [dragunov.net]
How to read SVD style scope / PSO-1 scope / PKS-07 scope

More info in the sniper central thread
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347909515014/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
URLOPERATOR
2012-05-30 19:20
ShadowRemorse said:
well it all comes down to how much time and practice you have put in. What rifle do you use.

&gt;&gt;HOW TO READ A MIL DOT SIGHT or SCOPE&lt;&lt;
http://www.mil-dot.com/articles/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-your-mil-dot-reticle [mil-dot.com]
This link will tech you how to read a mil dot scope or sight. estamate range and other factors of shooting

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/12x_Ballistic_Scope [battlefield.wikia.com]
Link above is all about the Ballistic Scope and the info behind it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSO-1 [en.wikipedia.org]
link above shows how to read a PSO-1 Scope

http://www.dragunov.net/scopes/svd_ret.jpg [dragunov.net]
How to read SVD style scope / PSO-1 scope / PKS-07 scope

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347909515014/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
Hey thanks!
Who's the one on 21 jump street? NOT THE CHEAT
ShadowRemorse
2012-05-31 17:18
no prblem
tastybuilder
IE Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2012-05-31 22:49
If your stuck, you could try using the short-range finder on the SOFLAM but its only good up to the 100m or so range.
Best thing about recon is looking down the x8 scope of your rifle; knowing your gonna ruin that guys day from the comfort of your own sitting room with one button, any time you like.
BradyT918
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-06-01 05:52 , edited 2012-06-01 05:56 by BradyT918
after a while judging bullet drop will be second nature, been a few times where i notice an enemy and without thinking i zoom in and aim a little above the head, and get a head shot on the first try, personally i have found out that the more i think about it the harder it is for me to get a head shot
SoB-Viper_NV
US Enlisted: 2011-11-13
2012-06-01 05:57
Apply for Night Vipers. If you make it, you'll get proper training.
Little-_-Man9813
UM Enlisted: 2012-05-28
2012-06-01 06:22
stick wht one scope so u gett use to it and i prefer the X8 scope nt the 12X it make a shine were it is easy to find and kill u as a sniper wich as a sniper u want to hide not be found and kill people. the best way to estimate bullet drop is to first play team death match because team deth is a close rang thing and after team d u play conquest or rush ect... but the main gole is to learn about ur scope. all parts of the scope is important not just the part were the two lines cross EVERYTHING. the best thing to learn about ur sniper rifels bullet drop is to see wht rifel u hve. each rifels bullet drope is different. like the M40a5 and the L96 the M4oa5 has way more bullet drop then the L96 if u read about the sniper rifel on the game were u click on the gun in the costumise classes part it tells u about the sniper rifel and if u practice wht it u will find it out urself. i love sniping i wanna join the marines and be a sniper but i wear glasses i dnt think they will let me because of tht. but my fav.. sniper saying (wich is true) BE THE RIFEL AND LET THE RIFEL BE U AND ULL SEE LOTS OF GUYS WTH NO HEADS. i hope u like this and if u want to add me on battlelog plz do so. oooooooo i forgot. THE BEST THINGS TO USE ON A RIFEL. the scope (X8 scope) and nothing else. never use the flash or the red laser sniping is to be not seen not get a light and say HEEEEYYY LOOK OVER HEAR IM A SNIPER. dnt use bipod it makes the aimindg harder for u to turn and go up and down. u can use the suppressor but i wouldnt recomend it. and THE BEST SNIPER RIFELS (in my opinion) the best sniper rifels to me is eather the SV98 M4OA5 L96 or the M98B. i would HIGLY RECOMMEND the L96 or the SV98 my favorite is the L96. and if u want to leaarn more add me ill tell u everything i know. and if u wanna follow me on my clan the leader is XxAIRSOFTCREWxX im in his clan and its awsome he is friendly and nt bossy and his youtube channel is called XxAIRSOFTCREWxX lol just like his name im in the clan and hopefully im in lots of his vids see u all later and (if u read all of this u are a REAL and TRUE SNIPER so get bck to BF3 and sniping like crazzzzzy!!!!!!!!!!!)
you're not RARE, you're not COMMON, you're IMPOSSIBLE to find, and you're the ONLY ONE of you're kind. Grow up! Be a MAN. you say you love her? So go show her.! Take that shy feeling and shove it away and MAN up! THAT's WHAT God SAID!
LDRLRL
NL Enlisted: 2012-02-16
2012-06-01 06:27
Goddamnit, that post above me hurt my eyes.
xXx_MiNi_xXx
IE Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-06-01 14:51
xLordDarrylx said:
Goddamnit, that post above me hurt my eyes.

lol..yep. Gotta love those looonnng streams of thought/ramblings
ExoGN
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-06-01 15:17
Mad practice, at least enough time to drain your SPM by 10 then you know you've been practicing.
I'm a dubro. meaning a dude and a bro.
Supabull
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-06-01 15:43
just play with ur fave rifle, fave scope. and let the power of the sniper take over ye :)
before u know it you'll get 600m+ running headshots without a thought of how far to lead or how high to aim.
thats how i used to roll before they killed sniping
ps. cant wait for the new patch, they are reducing the big white lumiscent potatoe they call a tracer. woop!
SAAS guys, u bett6er b rdy!!
NotAHappyRobot
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-06-01 17:19
trying to hit someone, but can't guage the range? find the nearest large surace and shoot at it while holding rmb to watch where it hits.
adjust ur aim.
rinse and repeat.
Do or do not, there is no try.
xXx_MiNi_xXx
IE Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-06-01 17:56 , edited 2012-06-01 17:57 by xXx_MiNi_xXx
Supabull said:
just play with ur fave rifle, fave scope. and let the power of the sniper take over ye :)
before u know it you'll get 600m+ running headshots without a thought of how far to lead or how high to aim.
thats how i used to roll before they killed sniping
ps. cant wait for the new patch, they are reducing the big white lumiscent potatoe they call a tracer. woop!
SAAS guys, u bett6er b rdy!!

Oh they are READY Supa...

READY LIKE A BOSS !

Can u handle us SuperBaws ? ?

Anyway back on topic..this guy here has done some excellent work on scopes and drops. He has some charts detailing the drop per Mil dot (or Line on the x12) and the range in Meters.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0AlINQyZ1u1XzdFc2VFYtUU9mbkNTWV8teFE4YUhka1E&hl=en_US&gid=33 [docs.google.com]
Supabull
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-06-02 00:23 , edited 2012-06-02 00:24 by Supabull
who gives a fuk, just play the fuking game. bunch a poofs
<3
Little-_-Man9813
UM Enlisted: 2012-05-28
2012-06-02 05:45
just to let u guys no tht if u think calculating bullet drop on this game is hard in real life u hve to calculate bullet drop wind speed how far ur guy is and everything but bck to bf3 learning about ur rifel is important and knowing its skill is also important if u hve a long rang rifel like the L96 u should play conques or rush. if u have a short rang rifel like the sv98 and m40a5 u should play team death or the upcoming mapack close quarters. people say tht sniping is all about skill. RONG!!!!!. sniping is all about you nt being see and killing people i no the title says how to calculate bullet drop but im going to get of the topic. sniping uses skill and timing andaiming and lots of other stuff. in bf3 u dont need to jus camp on a roof and then snipe ur fully exsposed go to the ground crawl near a bush or tree. the better u hide the better u snipe. and just to let u no do not quick scope!!(unless ur going to do it for fun like i do some times) just breath and TAKE UR TIME and shoot ull always hit him.just like a sniper quote i heard. BE THE RIFEL AND LET THE RIFEl BE U AND ULL SEE LOTS OF GUYs WTH NO HEADS. a very important thing is ur scope in bf3 use the X8 nt the 12X the 12X gives a little shine so people cn find u faster and easyer to snipe u. remember u dnt want to be found as a sniper. ok and hear is one of the thing people forget tht makes them die aall the time. hears a saying about wht im going to tell u KILL A FEW AND WALK AWAY. wht i mean is when u kill like 3-6 people walk away and find another hiding spot. if u kill many people they will no were u are and just come bck and kill u. it is hard to kill someone wth a gun tht has 100 bullets and all u have is a sniper rifel and a pistol. if u follow all these rules u should be fine in combat so if u like this comment on this and i wanna say thx to xLordDarrylx for his awsome funny and short comment. thx to all my fans L.........O...........L.......!.!.!.!.!
you're not RARE, you're not COMMON, you're IMPOSSIBLE to find, and you're the ONLY ONE of you're kind. Grow up! Be a MAN. you say you love her? So go show her.! Take that shy feeling and shove it away and MAN up! THAT's WHAT God SAID!
Agent504
US Enlisted: 2012-05-19
2012-06-02 07:47
Man it took me awhile to get bullet drop down packed...but I just stuck with a certain rifle & learned it.
Some people can't sleep because they have insomnia. I can't sleep because I have Internet connection.
ShadowRemorse
2012-06-02 08:00 , edited 2012-06-02 08:25 by ShadowRemorse
Little-_-Man9813 said:
just to let u guys no tht if u think calculating bullet drop on this game is hard in real life u hve to calculate bullet drop wind speed how far ur guy is and everything but bck to bf3 learning about ur rifel is important and knowing its skill is also important if u hve a long rang rifel like the L96 u should play conques or rush. if u have a short rang rifel like the sv98 and m40a5 u should play team death or the upcoming mapack close quarters. people say tht sniping is all about skill. RONG!!!!!. sniping is all about you nt being see and killing people i no the title says how to calculate bullet drop but im going to get of the topic. sniping uses skill and timing andaiming and lots of other stuff. in bf3 u dont need to jus camp on a roof and then snipe ur fully exsposed go to the ground crawl near a bush or tree. the better u hide the better u snipe. and just to let u no do not quick scope!!(unless ur going to do it for fun like i do some times) just breath and TAKE UR TIME and shoot ull always hit him.just like a sniper quote i heard. BE THE RIFEL AND LET THE RIFEl BE U AND ULL SEE LOTS OF GUYs WTH NO HEADS. a very important thing is ur scope in bf3 use the X8 nt the 12X the 12X gives a little shine so people cn find u faster and easyer to snipe u. remember u dnt want to be found as a sniper. ok and hear is one of the thing people forget tht makes them die aall the time. hears a saying about wht im going to tell u KILL A FEW AND WALK AWAY. wht i mean is when u kill like 3-6 people walk away and find another hiding spot. if u kill many people they will no were u are and just come bck and kill u. it is hard to kill someone wth a gun tht has 100 bullets and all u have is a sniper rifel and a pistol. if u follow all these rules u should be fine in combat so if u like this comment on this and i wanna say thx to xLordDarrylx for his awsome funny and short comment. thx to all my fans L.........O...........L.......!.!.!.!.!

hold on here a sec. im just giving some minor info to help the guy. and yes in real life you would have to do all this stuff i know cause i do long distance shooting. it all about the same idea only converting it into away aperson can understand.

If anyone needs help with recon info or is looking for guides videos and etc.. please vist the Sniper Central thread.
Wagon_Burner82
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-06-02 08:15
Find a wall with a line runing through the center of it at your preferd distance that you can match your cross hairs up to.Basic target practice.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.