Thread is locked.

PB Error: MD5Tool Mismatch: user.cfg (len=32)

Catamaranan
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-07-03 07:45
"Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'FpsC-Camaran' (for 5 minutes) ... MD5Tool Mismatch: user.cfg (len=32)"

Does updating PunkBuster fix it?
BIueFaIcon
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-07-03 07:52
Why didn't you try that first? Then, start a thread. Don't mean to be rude, but...
Sneed_OK
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-07-03 07:52 , edited 2012-07-03 07:53 by Sneed_OK
do you get this error on all servers or only the one?

google md5tool mismatch
Catamaranan
2012-07-03 07:55 , edited 2012-07-03 07:55 by Catamaranan
BIueFaIcon said:
Why didn't you try that first? Then, start a thread. Don't mean to be rude, but...

This is a back up plan.

FAC-IN_Sneed said:
google md5tool mismatch

I did and it came up with so many different errors but the one I had.
Sneed_OK
2012-07-03 08:03
don't look at the exact error code, look at what causes the MD5Tool mismatch
SmashT_AU
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-07-03 08:20 , edited 2012-07-03 08:21 by SmashT_AU
Delete user.cfg from your bf3 folder, what is it doing there in the first place?
eTheBlack
SI Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-07-03 08:21 , edited 2012-07-03 08:22 by eTheBlack
FpsC-Camaran said:
BIueFaIcon said:
This is a back up plan.

It is back up plan? Posting on forum is back up plan, idget.
Nuttydave
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-07-03 08:24
smasht_AU said:
Delete user.cfg from your bf3 folder, what is it doing there in the first place?

this cfg files hold nothing overly important
Only premium people have premium. Now fetch me my weapon poor people.
Catamaranan
2012-07-03 08:24
smasht_AU said:

I have no idea?

A few people I know have been getting the exact same error.

I'm putting it down to FXAA Injectors.
p0werp0le
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-07-03 08:35
I got this error also. I do not use injectors or anything (stock game). Updated PB and repaired my game install and everything is good so far.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his" George S. Patton
IssacSpace
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-07-03 08:44
smasht_AU said:

It's just a user start-up configuration.

Well....without knowing what's inside, there are two thing comes to mind.

1. The file is corrupted.
2. He found a way to glitch/cheat in the game configuration setup. (which is unlikely).
LoliVampire
NL Enlisted: 2012-06-30
2012-07-03 08:48 , edited 2012-07-03 08:48 by LoliVampire
The MD5 string, see it as a generated DNA code for the file does not match.

Aka, your user.cfg changed.
Delete it and repair BF3.
http://i.imgur.com/3udw5pG.png
Sneed_OK
2012-07-03 09:02
FpsC-Camaran said:
smasht_AU said:
I have no idea?

Then you should put yourself down to bed to continue and finish the dream - you are clearly confusing your dreams with reality or you are a troll.

FXAA does not and will not cause any problems with PB, and if you bothered to check up on it, you would already know.
Vayned
US Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-07-03 09:09
I did this and it has worked so far, I had problems earlier. Restarted PC after.

For windows7 (32 bits) users: -------------------------------------
1) go to c:\windows\system32
2) scroll down and find PnkBstrA.exe or PnkBstrA application
3) right-click PnkBstrA.exe and choose Properties
4) click the Compatibility tab
5) click the button at the bottom of the window that reads "Change settings for all users"
6) click the checkbox for "Run this program as an administrator" and click apply and Ok

for Windows 7 (64 bits) users: -------------------------------------
1) go to c:\windows\syswow64
2) scroll down and find PnkBstrA application
3) right-click PnkBstrA.exe and choose Properties
4) click the Compatibility tab
5) click the button at the bottom of the window that reads "Change settings for all users"
6) at the bottom of the window that reads "Privilege level" click the checkbox for "Run this program as an administrator" and click apply and Ok
SmashT_AU
2012-07-03 09:13
FAC-IN_Sneed said:
FpsC-Camaran said:
smasht_AU said:
I have no idea?

Then you should put yourself down to bed to continue and finish the dream - you are clearly confusing your dreams with reality or you are a troll.

FXAA does not and will not cause any problems with PB, and if you bothered to check up on it, you would already know.

Actually it can cause kicks if the server wants, you can simply remove the files if you want to play on those servers though. Most don't kick for it however.
Sneed_OK
2012-07-03 09:23
smasht_AU said:
FAC-IN_Sneed said:
FpsC-Camaran said:
smasht_AU said:
I have no idea?

Actually it can cause kicks if the server wants, you can simply remove the files if you want to play on those servers though. Most don't kick for it however.

What a lot of crap mate.

Firstly, PB does NOT cause kicks for FXAA and there are NO settings for a server admin to magically enable which will get FXAA detected/kicked/banned etc. If you say it does, bring your proof, bring your settings and we can test it out.

Secondly, PB cannot and will not kick person A in Aus and not person B in the UK for running the same software/hack/cheat/.

The ONLY PB related thing that gave problems in the past was people running macros. Server admins were given a heads up on this and ammended the PB config files accordingly - IF - they wanted to do that. That however is no longer an issue

We have our own small server and a very small "clan" . All of us that play on the server from the clan have FXAA running. We have basically had it running since BF3 came out. Strange how not one of us has ever been kicked from ANY server.

Thirdly, If there were ANY PB related bans/kicks for FXAA usage, this forum would be full of it
SmashT_AU
2012-07-03 09:38 , edited 2012-07-03 10:17 by SmashT_AU
FAC-IN_Sneed said:
What a lot of crap mate.

Firstly, PB does NOT cause kicks for FXAA and there are NO settings for a server admin to magically enable which will get FXAA detected/kicked/banned etc. If you say it does, bring your proof, bring your settings and we can test it out.

Secondly, PB cannot and will not kick person A in Aus and not person B in the UK for running the same software/hack/cheat/.

The ONLY PB related thing that gave problems in the past was people running macros. Server admins were given a heads up on this and ammended the PB config files accordingly - IF - they wanted to do that. That however is no longer an issue

We have our own small server and a very small "clan" . All of us that play on the server from the clan have FXAA running. We have basically had it running since BF3 came out. Strange how not one of us has ever been kicked from ANY server.

Thirdly, If there were ANY PB related bans/kicks for FXAA usage, this forum would be full of it

As I already said, server admins have to set these additional commands themselves, and most don't. They aren't added by default. Regardless, it will only result in a kick if they are. You can read about these additional checks here on the evenbalance website, I have also included links to a pbbans post talking about it briefly and a threads on gameservers.com and esl talking about it.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=md5tool.php [evenbalance.com]
http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48043 [forums.gameservers.com]
http://www.pbbans.com/forums/md5tool-t160706.html [pbbans.com]
http://www.esl.eu/eu/bf3/infantry/5on5/nightcup4/forum/2674/25187/1013406/ [esl.eu]

Here are some example commands that will cause kicks with FXAA. They need to be added to pbsvuser.cfg on your server.
pb_sv_md5tool a "" v dxgi.dll NOT_FOUND
pb_sv_md5tool a "" v injFX_Settings.h NOT_FOUND
pb_sv_md5tool a "" v user.cfg NOT_FOUND
pb_sv_md5tool a "" v shader.hlsl NOT_FOUND

MAGIC!

You were actually explained this over a month a go in another thread by the way.
Sneed_OK
2012-07-03 10:18 , edited 2012-07-03 10:25 by Sneed_OK
pb_md5tool a "" v dxgi.dll NOT_FOUND
pb_sv_md5tool a "" v injFX_Settings.h NOT_FOUND
pb_sv_md5tool a "" v user.cfg NOT_FOUND
pb_sv_md5tool a "" v shader.hlsl NOT_FOUND

WHAAAAAAAATTTTT?????????????????

M8 - What you have done in your config files is manually entered the file names and location and then instructed PB to kick if the files for FXAA are on your machine.

THIS IS NOT a PB hack detection this is YOU manually putting in file names to search for. I wonder why PB "detects" FXAA.

Why not substitute WIN.EXE ???? Why not add BF3.exe????

(EDITED TO GIVE EXAMPLE)

pb_sv_md5tool a "" bf3.exe NOT_FOUND

Then you can show people how PB kicks people for running windows and for running BF3

This is no different to saying, my antivirus software detects every virus ever written.
All you need to do is manually enter all virus filenames, filesinfected by the virus, which files you want to be deleted and where they are on your PC.

retarded logic at it's absolute best.

As originally stated PB does NOT detect OR kick/ban for FXAA
SmashT_AU
2012-07-03 10:25 , edited 2012-07-03 10:32 by SmashT_AU
I never once said it was a pb hack detection, maybe you should re-read my posts instead of trying to put words in my mouth. Yes, if a server admin wanted to he could restrict anyone from running the game from joining his server, no server would do this though while some do put restrictions in place for the FXAA files specifically.
Sneed_OK
2012-07-03 10:35
Actually it can cause kicks if the server wants

my post is - PB does not detect/kick/ban for FXAA. I did nor say you said it is a hack detection

PB autodetects hacks/cheats etc. and therefore by implication, your statement means that PB detects FXAA and kicks people.

Truth is PB does NOT detect FXAA (like it does aimbots, gamehacks etc.) , only when you or a server admin specifically manually enters (i.e hardcoding) the FXAA file details in the PB config files that nayhgtng crops up. That is NOT PB doing it, that is YOU doing it, and then coming on the forums and making people believe that PB will kcik them at some point.

NO

this is the same thing as me kicking you on my server and using the PB kick feature. It is not a PB kick, it is me telling PB to kick you.

put this in your cfg file

pb_sv_md5tool a "" bf3.exe NOT_FOUND

I rest my case

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.