Bots

toshineon
SE Enlisted: 2012-03-04
2012-07-17 11:15
I've wanted the possibility to play against bots like in the older BF games for quite a while now. And I just realised my number one reason for it, sure, bots do better team playing than most humans, they PTFO, they don't camp or hack, but most importantly... They don't whine. A bot doesn't complain because you shoot him in the face with a shotgun, they don't complain of you sniping and they don't complain if you use a weapon you like. Bots: For a pleasant, whine free gaming experience.
nuk1e: "the problem is in your head , cut if off and all your problems are solved!"
weimunzter
MT Enlisted: 2012-01-14
2012-07-17 11:17
play single player?
*pewpew*
l___Nismo___
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-07-17 11:19 , edited 2012-07-17 11:21 by l___Nismo___
Bots vs. OP I have my money on the bots
"bolt actions speak louder than words" -︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╤╤╤-———— -
7TheDarkSoldier
IT Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-07-17 11:20 , edited 2012-07-17 11:28 by 7TheDarkSoldier
toshineon said:
I've wanted the possibility to play against bots like in the older BF games for quite a while now. And I just realised my number one reason for it, sure, bots do better team playing than most humans, they PTFO, they don't camp or hack.

+100000000
- camos for all guns - team work - Join our Platoons ITI ( Istituto Tecnico Industriale)
DX-Ax
Enlisted: 2012-06-16
2012-07-17 11:23
toshineon said:
I've wanted the possibility to play against bots like in the older BF games for quite a while now. And I just realised my number one reason for it, sure, bots do better team playing than most humans, they PTFO, they don't camp or hack, but most importantly... They don't whine. A bot doesn't complain because you shoot him in the face with a shotgun, they don't complain of you sniping and they don't complain if you use a weapon you like. Bots: For a pleasant, whine free gaming experience.

>K/D: 0.6

ahahaha stupid noob!
MrBuBBlezzzz
Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2012-07-17 11:44
AxleG said:
toshineon said:

ahahaha stupid noob!

Usas is your top weapon. Ahahaha irony
bf3forumban1year
DK Enlisted: 2011-12-20
2012-07-17 11:46
Capato7 said:
toshineon said:
I've wanted the possibility to play against bots like in the older BF games for quite a while now. And I just realised my number one reason for it, sure, bots do better team playing than most humans, they PTFO, they don't camp or hack.
+100000000
Tada, Mr. Average here! I got an itchy trigger finger, that is the explanation on my bad accuracy..
LaxSagacity
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-07-17 11:51
Bots were good for practicing. They are also good because if you ever want to go back to a game and there's no online servers. Or everyone is insanely good on them. You can still get some enjoyment of the game.
FritzCT
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-06
2012-07-17 12:03
AxleG said:

ahahaha stupid noob!

says Mr 122 hrs of game play and I won't even get started on your 36.3% accuracy and 729 spm or your 24% hit to kill ratio

You must be a natural mate so difficult for you to judge us mere mortals
noso56
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-07-17 12:06
bots in this game would be nice as long as they can fly choppers and not spam nades like in BF2 or any of the others
enemy tank spotted in your AO
KGBkame
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-07-17 12:09
+1

the coop mode in BF3 is a joke compared to past battlefield games.
toshineon
SE Enlisted: 2012-03-04
2012-07-17 17:05
KGBkame said:
+1

the coop mode in BF3 is a joke compared to past battlefield games.

Yeah, we need co-op like in BF2. The Co-Op and SP in BF3 sucks.
nuk1e: "the problem is in your head , cut if off and all your problems are solved!"
Rick0Shay
ZA Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-07-21 18:22 , edited 2012-07-21 18:28 by Rick0Shay
Bring back dedicated servers that players can control and add bots to fill in the empty spaces. Just like BF1942 and BF2. This would be great - no cheaters and you could really have fun mowing down the enemy. ARMA can do this why not BF3? Also while I'm at it add modding - this will make sure BF3 lives for years to come like the other games in the series. You can then keep selling new DLC content to keep it alive - the graphics are so fantastic and the Frostbite engine is so incredible it deserves to live at least as long as BF2 - which is still being played.

If bots are programmed well they will make this game so much better than playing against a bunch of headless chickens running in different directions. Lets face it human players in BF3 generally don't work together - rather they head off in different directions - each on their own mission. Bots could be programmed to work together far better than human beings - if Dice put their minds together I'm sure they could crack this.
Task_Chair
CA Enlisted: 2012-02-03
2012-07-21 18:23
FritzCT said:
AxleG said:

ahahaha stupid noob!
says Mr 122 hrs of game play and I won't even get started on your 36.3% accuracy and 729 spm or your 24% hit to kill ratio

You must be a natural mate so difficult for you to judge us mere mortals

lool kids these days.
Everyone have fun tonight.
Rick0Shay
ZA Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-11-14 16:12 , edited 2013-11-14 16:19 by Rick0Shay
toshineon said:

I write for a gaming site - I won't mention which. Not long ago we did a lot of research into the cheating/hacking issue. And I have to totally agree with your comments. At the current rate if you fast forward a few years to the point when hackers (cheaters) outnumber non cheaters - online gaming will become an extremely unpleasant experience - if you are a player who plays fair that is.

Even now you only need one or two cheaters on a server to make a game unpleasant. In a few years if the big publishers don't sort this issue out the old adage - "if you can't beat them join them" will force many players to make the leap into the moral abyss. It will become a battle of the hacks - which cheat works the best.

So potentially in a few years time (assuming the publishers and developers are as ineffectual as they have been so far in preventing this issue) you may as well just be playing bots - nameless AI controlled players who let the code do the shooting for them. Zero human skill = Zero human. But with bots you can at least kick them or reduce their skill level and you can control who joins your server. Other games like the ARMA series allow you to run your own dedicated server and there is a massive modding community out there supporting this game as well. And they managed to stop piracy via online validation through Steam. So it's not impossible.

Consider that most of the sites selling cheats use BF logos and lots of internationally copyrighted content to promote their questionable wares - and ask yourself why doesn't EA close these guys down? Legally that battle would be won before it even starts afterall these sites are fundamentally damaging and undermining these highly valuable brands.

Well as Fairplay states on their site - "cheaters are also customers"! That says it all - it's clearly in publisher's interests to keep the cheaters coming back for more - so they sell more copies. It's big business - say an extra 10% sales - of course they won't turn that down! Some of these cheat sites are even selling keys to the game so when you get banned you can just buy a new key! How's that possible?

This can only imply there is some collusion between these sites selling hacks and the publishers and or developers. Consider how many years the publishers/developers have had to tackle this issue - and so far we haven't seen any real improvement. In fact at one stage about 6 months ago it got so bad in BF3 that almost every server with over 16 players had at least 2 cheaters present. Our estimate would be around 10-15% of BF3 players ran cheats at some point during their questionable 'career'. Anyway you make up your own mind.

One last thing anyone who says - "I've never noticed anyone cheating in BF3 or 4" is clearly either a noob or has most likely already crossed the moral line.