Reality Hardcore Gametype (Get Satisfaction)

acealchemist
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-08-08 01:31 , edited 2013-02-12 02:34 by acealchemist
Thank you Dice for Battlefield 3 (Not the community who have done there bad share of damage on gameplay due to feedback)
**Each VOTE, Comment & Support Counts**
***Please help Support at Get Satisfaction.***
If Dice decides to approve this it would be great.
All Main changes to gameplay and weapons are down below.

****All these changes are simple Server Setting Changes to make the preset. It's nothing big or drastic to implement this idea. Server takes less than 30 seconds to setup to play this****

https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/reality_hardcore_gametype_or_add_custom_server_search_in_server_browser_preset?rfm=1 [getsatisfaction.com]

I would like this to be a Preset like Core, Hardcore & Infantry
-------------------------------------------
A few months back I had created a gametype that was a custom server to simulate more realism in Battlefield 3. It was a great success, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to continue the server due to it not being mine.
After sending many request to Moderators and DICE members I never got an answer back, so I am hoping for the community to support me in getting as many votes as possible in Satisfaction to hopefully be able to launch this gametype one day or make notice for DICE to bring back the Custom Server Search option in the Battleblog Multiplayer gametype. Below is a big thread of the post and testing I had done over the course of the time. I still have the settings if any server owner will like to run these realistic settings. I’ll be more than glad to send them to you in hope of one day playing this all the time.
DICE if you won’t support this and please allow us to have the Custom Server Search button that used to exist in the Multiplayer Gametype Preset "Custom"

Community Video on GAMEPLAY
--------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeNYX1DF540 [youtube.com] 4:23 is my favorite part. Unexpected deadly grenade.
--------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErefXkwS0dI [youtube.com]

“The product i got was a very team based orientated match with everyone using a variety of classes.“
Read the experience and see the gameplay below in “Gameplay Changes to Damage and much more”

Original Thread (Project Reality Coming Soon to BF3. 1000+ Post) (OLD)
------------------------ ------------------
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489551634507/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Gameplay Changes to Damage, Fixes and much more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ELIMINATED Run & Gun completely off this Preset/Game mode.
No Mini Map.
Increased Damage on all weapons and vehicles
Increased Vehicle spawn time to make them much more valuable and rare during firefights
Increased spawn time on infantry so squads always have to stick together and watch each other.
Weapon Damage Change
Explosion Splash Damage Change
Explosive Damage Change
Increased Fall Damage
Incorporated Strong team work elements and tactics
Joining Squads is a must
Incorporated stress during firefights (Much more intense and immersive)
Incorporated stress during vehicle firefights (Also much more immersive)
Incorporated Situation Awareness
FIXED the hit registration issue and rubber band bullets behind walls.
& Much more

Tactics & Changes
-----------------------------
Tactics are key to this game mode.
Mortars: require a spotter to know where the shots are landing, no mini map for Mortars it is disabled.

Spawn times increased to 45 seconds + 12 seconds down time. So make sure to have a medic. Going lone wolf will keep you dead for long periods of time. This is so infantry can focus on objective instead of kills and random run and gun. This is also a way to cause stress to a player making it difficult to make decisions without thinking of repercussion.

Example 2 squads attacking one flag, that will make a intense long firefight were no one wants to die, if you do the flag is lost.

Soldier downtime is increased so medics have a bigger window of opportunity to revive.
Vehicle spawn time has been heavily increased. Vehicles are rare on the Battlefield and are essential, they can turn the tide of the battle with proper use.

The product i got was a very team based orientated match with everyone using a variety of classes.

Feedback Thread. (OLD)
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624828893037/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

(Very close to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXlyGjZ1GH4 [youtube.com] and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8WD6HpUbM) [youtube.com]

Vehicles & Changes
----------------------
Vehicles
All Vehicles are extremely effective against infantry. Teamwork is required to take the enemy teams Ground & Air assets out.

Transport Vehicles Buffed against Infantry: Transport vehicles .50 is now effective Vs infantry and provides good covering fire.

Light Armored Vehicles Buffed against Infantry: .50 is more effective & provides great reconnaissance.

Armored Personal Carrier Buffed against Infantry: Main gun buffed and increased blast radius against infantry. Light and Heavy Coaxial Damage increased.

Tanks Buffed against Infantry: Blast radius for main gun greatly increased against Infantry. Light and Heavy Coaxial Damage increased.

Helicopters Buffed against Infantry: Gunner blast radius greatly increased. FFA damage and blast radius greatly increase. Helicopters are now able to hover high above the sky and provide infantry with great covering fire and support without exposing themselves to ground targets.

Transport Helicopters: M134 Minigun greatly buffed against infantry. Transport Helicopter provides great transportation and extraction.

Anti Air Buffed against Infantry: Heavily buffed against infantry and transport vehicles.

Explosives
---------------------
C4 is extremely deadly vs infantry:
(Great in ambush situations and vehicles thanks to No Mini Map)
M18 Claymore Buffed vs infantry
(It's much more powerful and can take out multiple targets. No more running across and surviving a claymore explosion anymore)
M67 Grenade Buffed vs infantry:
(it can easily take out multiple targets now with a bigger kill radius. 4:23 is my favorite part in the first community video Check above)
Mortars Buffed vs infantry:
It's extremely effective artillery now due to splash damage increase. (Requires a spotter see above)
RPG/SMAW Buffed vs Infantry and light vehicle:
(It can easily take out infantry, It also has the probability of killing the Passengers inside Light armored Vehicle and transport vehicle depending on the angle and place that it hits) spam doesn't occur it server this has been verified already.
M302 Buffed vs infantry and light vehicles:
(Extremely effective vs infantry and can also kill pasengers in a light armored vehicle if hit in the window or side door were they sit.)

---------------------
Assault Rifles.
2 hits anywhere in the body is a kill (Down from 4 in Regular HC)
2 hits anywhere in the body over 100m is a kill.(Down from 4 in Regular HC)
1 hit to the head is always a kill. (Down from 2 in Regular HC)
----------------------
Shotguns
Buckshot deadly at a further distance now. Damage varies at range.
Slug is a 1 hit kill. (semi-auto and pump)
----------------------
Pistols (haven't fully tested all of them out)
3 hits anywhere in the body is a kill (Down from 4 in Regular HC)
1 hit in the head is always a kill
---------------------
Bigger caliber pistols
.44, and Rex
1 shot kill anywhere in the body (Down from 2 in Regular HC)
2 shot killed required over a distance of 100m
---------------------
LMG's
2 hits anywhere in body is a kill (Down from 4-5 in Regular HC)
3 hits anywhere in body over 100m is a kill (Down from 5+ Regular HC)
1 hit to the head is always a kill. (Down from 2 in Regular HC)
---------------------
Bolt Action snipers
1 shot kill anywhere in the body. (Down from 2 in Regular HC)
---------------------
Semi-Auto snipers
2 hits anywhere in the body is a kill over over 100m (Same number of bullets as HC but leaves hp at 10%)
1 hit anywhere in the body is a kill under 100m
--------------------
SMG's
2 hits anywhere in the body under 100m is a kill
3 hits anywhere above 100m is a kill
1 hit to the head is always a kill
-------------------
Knife
It kills with 1 slash

Thank you HenryBlackburnEA, Crismo1 & Sentinel1393 for putting this into consideration in satisfaction and keeping an eye on it.

Sentinel1393
"Thank you all for your continued suggestions! We are definitely keeping an eye on this thread."

HenryBlackburnEA
"Thank you for your requests and suggestions. We will make a note of this. Do you have any other ideas?"
"Thanks for the continued feedback on this everyone. We'll be going over this for consideration."
"Getting a lot of attention. Thanks for the continued feedback on this."

Crismo1
"Thanks for the continued feedback on this people, we'll continue to share it with the team."
NinjaQuick
2012-08-08 01:35 , edited 2012-08-08 01:36 by NinjaQuick
Sounds bad. I hope this isn't allowed on Ranked Servers.

I explain:

Maps are too small, guns are too accurate.
SamSignori
BR Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-08-08 01:43 , edited 2012-08-08 01:47 by SamSignori
The one thing I would like to see removed in a 'Advanced Hardcore Mode' would be the Hit Marker, so that the only way to know if you hit someone is by seeing blood and the screaming, anyway, sounds interesting, and how would it work with vehicles, maybe a minimum number of players to spawn vehicles so they don't rape the opposite team, with low number of players?
acealchemist
2012-08-08 03:34
SamucaSignori said:
The one thing I would like to see removed in a 'Advanced Hardcore Mode' would be the Hit Marker, so that the only way to know if you hit someone is by seeing blood and the screaming, anyway, sounds interesting, and how would it work with vehicles, maybe a minimum number of players to spawn vehicles so they don't rape the opposite team, with low number of players?

I wish the hit marker was also gone. Vehicles work great if used correctly, infantry is very vulnerable to them. But vehicles are just as vulnerable due to not having a map. It's a lot of fun and the gameplay is great. It would be even better in the new Armored Kill expansion.
LoudPottyMouth
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-08-08 04:16
Put that server back up. That was the most fun I had in months.
elbozo_SDQC
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-08-08 04:38
terribad idea
Barbarossa13
NZ Enlisted: 2011-12-24
2012-08-08 04:48
Sounds to me like it guts the recon class.
fifteen-fingers
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-08-08 04:52 , edited 2012-08-08 04:55 by fifteen-fingers
im for it. I always felt the hud was a mistake. it kills the immersion. i like the no mini-map. i rarely use it due to the fact i play on a 55 inch screen and cant really see it anyway with out taking my eye off of the ball, it will be hard at distance to tell whose who but less hud might make it easier to spot enemies. the only problem is the Armour you will have to make a system that the Russian cant operate American Armour and vice verses. it will get to confusing. Also add a binocular it will help on identification of farther targets. don't want to be killing the wrong guys. one more thing you will have to do something with the sniper class its hard to tell anyway what side their on.
acealchemist
2012-08-08 04:56
Barbarossa13 said:
Sounds to me like it guts the recon class.

When any gun can do a 1 shot kill to the head it's not a problem.
Barbarossa13
NZ Enlisted: 2011-12-24
2012-08-08 04:59
I dont think 57 secs of downtime balances that.

Me i like to play recon like recon, i.e long range sniping spotting and soflaming.

To me recon isnt a shotgun and a spawn beacon. Oh yes i know thats the most effective way to play that class to help the team yada yada yada, but it doesnt seem to me like recon, seems like Assault with a spawn beacon.

I think E.A need to take a look at recon and wonder why it has to be played like assault to be effective.
Hutzpah
DK Enlisted: 2012-01-21
2012-08-08 06:23
The recon class won't be able to effectively spot enemies though..same problem in bad company 2.. its a cute idea, but i don't know how many would enjoy it. Though removing the hit marking would be great
Splitsoul101
TW Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-08-08 07:53
yes please
DarkyVX
Enlisted: 2011-12-26
2012-08-08 08:25
If you want realism, I want tanks that are disabled with one SMAW/RPG.
ERMAHGERD SEEGNATUREE
CowboyBebop18
US Enlisted: 2012-06-30
2012-08-08 08:34
DarkyVX said:

You are fucking retarded. There is no way a rpg can disable a Abrams with one shot. There is a crew in my regiment who took 9 rpg hits while hauling ass out of a "suburb" in baghdad.
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?
TwistedAim
DK Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-08-08 08:44
acealchemist said:
Bigger caliber pistols
.44, and Rex

Pretty sure that the .44 already oneshots in HC.
Bitch please! I'm premium!
Seekless
NL Enlisted: 2012-07-05
2012-08-08 09:15 , edited 2012-08-08 09:17 by Seekless
SpikeOfTheBeBop said:
DarkyVX said:
You are fucking retarded. There is no way a rpg can disable a Abrams with one shot. There is a crew in my regiment who took 9 rpg hits while hauling ass out of a "suburb" in baghdad.

Well, if you have so many experience with M1's you should know they have several sweetspots where a RPG will disable them in one shot and really disable them not this BF3 bullcrap disable. That your team managed to take 9 hits is simply due to the zero expertise of the combatants you faced, I'm very happy for them but ranting like this has no place in a game discussion like here.

BF3 has a realism rating of zero anyway so why can't he ask for this? Just think it's an AT-4 or whatever weapon of choice that will take out your M1 in one hit.

To the OP, great idea, I played like this in the past on unranked servers we set up in the same directions back then, the tension is fun to deal with. Confusion everywhere, especially on TS :p
Mods in this forums should learn to read the TOS before lecturing others on it.
lucidstorm
PL Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-08-08 09:22 , edited 2012-08-08 09:22 by lucidstorm
If u are planning to buff up the rockets vs infantry (heavily) I will support u, other than that nope. 1 rocket should kill a soldier in realism mod.
First_Mr_B
HU Enlisted: 2012-05-07
2012-08-08 09:33
I like.
Nobody f#&@ks with the Jesus!
Pvt_Slim
2012-08-08 09:43
I would like to see a few servers like this.. and how do you view the unranked servers in the list.?
I hope to join if i see your server in the list...hope it's in the states.
acealchemist
2012-08-08 17:02 , edited 2012-08-08 17:08 by acealchemist
Hutzpah said:
The recon class won't be able to effectively spot enemies though..same problem in bad company 2.. its a cute idea, but i don't know how many would enjoy it. Though removing the hit marking would be great

The MAV helps spot infantry fine. use ESC to view them after spotting, done.

TwistedAim said:
acealchemist said:
Bigger caliber pistols
.44, and Rex
Pretty sure that the .44 already oneshots in HC.

They are only a one hit to the head not body.

Lucidstorm said:
If u are planning to buff up the rockets vs infantry (heavily) I will support u, other than that nope. 1 rocket should kill a soldier in realism mod.

Oh believe me. Explosions are much more than deadly, get caught in one or close and you are dead. No running threw claymore, grenade, tank shell or nothing. Dead as soon as that explosion goes off next to you.

Pvt_Slim said:
I would like to see a few servers like this.. and how do you view the unranked servers in the list.?
I hope to join if i see your server in the list...hope it's in the states.

You got to either un-check all the server filters and enter server name or click X in Ranked so you can see "custom servers" Quite dumb.
Dice had the custom server search option but removed it and forced us to play their way.