Implent a warm up when there are not enough people

TwilightBl1tz
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-11-08 12:06
So just saw a few post about this 4 people to start a server.

Why doesn't dice implant a warm up? i believe BC2 or BF2 had it? When ever there weren't enough people you could just play but not get points, so you could warm up in a jet or just walk around and explore the map.
But in bf3 you are forced to watch a screen and you can't walk lol.
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
3KR-Wugehsr
SE Enlisted: 2012-09-11
2012-11-08 12:10
There is a server setting for that..
ADefianceDuck
IE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-11-08 12:14
3) We now enforce a minimum player count of 4 on both PC and consoles (PC previously had no such limitation while console servers had 2 players as the limit) to be able to exit preround on Ranked servers. You will still be able to move around freely in preround, but the match doesn’t officially start (and thus no stats are affected) until at least 4 players have joined. This goes for both PC and console servers. This will make it harder to easily use Ranked servers as boosting servers.

this is going ruin servers, I can see allot of cancelations
http://platoon.forumga.net/
2G-Hydra
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-11-08 12:16
Yeah BF2 had it. Should be enabled by default so that seeding servers is less painful. I'm more than happy to try and fly planes through silly little gaps while I wait for a server to get going, I'm not too enthusiastic about being glued to my spawn point and no one ever joining. Often times people who want to practise will join these empty servers to do so, and then the server will get going from then.
TwilightBl1tz
2012-11-08 12:19
Ohh i didn't realise they implented this lol last time i still had to wait, Guess that server didn't had it enabled:P But they should really make it default atleast.

2G-Hydra said:
Yeah BF2 had it. Should be enabled by default so that seeding servers is less painful. I'm more than happy to try and fly planes through silly little gaps while I wait for a server to get going, I'm not too enthusiastic about being glued to my spawn point and no one ever joining. Often times people who want to practise will join these empty servers to do so, and then the server will get going from then.

True lol i much rather fly with jets or just cruise in a jeep then just staring at my screen and doing nothing lol.
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
BlueBerry1000
Enlisted: 2012-09-17
2012-11-08 12:25 , edited 2012-11-09 03:43 by BlueBerry1000
Hello TwilightBI1tz,

On the PC Platform players can explore the map without other players joining the server. It really depends on what kind of server one is at. If the player joins a server and see the message above "Waiting for 3 players" etc then one will still be able to move but after capturing the flags the player will not be able to earn any points. Most servers gives flexibility to players and allow even one person to explore the map and earn points by capturing flags on the PC Platform. I recommend keep searching for servers.

Best Regards,
BlueBerry (Username)
tcoline
US Enlisted: 2012-09-29
2012-11-08 12:31 , edited 2012-11-08 12:34 by tcoline
Yep ... I tried out a server yesterday with no one on it ... just to see what would happen. It told me when I got on that it was "waiting" for at least 4 players. I got on because I wanted to see what a couple of rifles looked like with iron sights and a few different optics I hadn't tried before.

I was able to run around and do everything I wanted to do ... shoot, look in buildings ... etc ...

Is there some way to change your "options" (video, controls etc) w/o having to go into Campaign mode????
TwilightBl1tz
2012-11-08 12:41
Ty Blue, didn't know that ^^ Guess this topic can be pretty much ignored/closed =P

@ Tcoline Press ESC -> options you should be able to change video settings there. controles also.