BF3 maps in BF4 - read this please.

Doomdog19
US Enlisted: 2011-11-22
2013-01-08 00:59 , edited 2013-01-08 01:02 by Doomdog19
You know, I really liked the BF3 maps. Besides AK and CQ, these maps were fantastic looking and fun to play on. Why hasn't EA made a offer of where we pay X amount of money to play the maps on BF4? Wouldn't this increase the replay ability factor, and also get people to buy BF4 to play the BF3 maps?

if they do take this concept/idea, they can't just have 3 or 4 maps. They should include all the maps. Another way to make more money, is to sell the maps in the packs they came out like in BF3.
Here's a example: BF4 is released, several months later, EA releases the AM maps for BF4 at XX amount of money.
If they do this, the player/customer can buy the map pack they liked most from BF3. I like AM the most, then the BF3 original maps, followed by BK. The rest sucked to me; Therefore, if EA releases certain maps, I probably wouldn't want to buy it. Although, EA could just pick the most popular maps and release those, they wouldn't profit as much if they released all the maps in the packs they came out in BF3.

If EA wants to take this to the extreme, they could just make this offer exclusive to BF4 Premium. Although, if they add this to premium the cost of buying it would go up, therefore, decrease the amount of people buying premium. So, why not have 2 special buys for the game? They could be Premium and Ultimate/Platinum.

In Premium, it could just be BF4 and the way how premium worked in BF3. Ultimate/Platinum would be BF4 premium with all the BF3 maps and other things. Not only will this keep content being released every month, or double the content released every other month, but this gives people who like BF3 maps, a lot, the opportunity to keep playing those maps.

Adding the BF3 maps with the BF4 maps would increase re-playability and sustain the game lifespan. I think this would be a great idea, and a excellent way for EA to profit in money.

Hope this happens,
Starlight4-
FPSXSAM08
Enlisted: 2012-03-20
2013-01-08 01:34
I agree, they should put map packs out for BF4 to download previous maps from BF3. I was hoping there would be more maps included in the BK map pack. I like all 4 of the that they included, but I wish there were more.

I would really like to see a remake of all the previous maps from Battlefield 2 go into Battlefield 3 or 4.

Like you said, they could just include them in map packs.

Another idea is to just purchase each map individually. I don't see any problem in even going with that route. Purchase/Download Map, Install map, done.

I'm sure EA would profit from this. I think they would even profit more if they were to release maps that may of been not so popular. There are still people that play them in Battlefield 2 as of today.
SirVer
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-01-08 01:40
its bullshit. all of it.
Might as well rename the whole damn thing copy and paste.
ya'll know what happens when that happens.
FPSXSAM08
2013-01-08 01:44 , edited 2013-01-08 01:45 by FPSXSAM08
thanks for the detailed input there SirVer.....
What happens then?
Doomdog19
2013-01-08 01:46
SirVer said:
its bullshit. all of it.
Might as well rename the whole damn thing copy and paste.
ya'll know what happens when that happens.

Reported your post for being off-topic and offensive language.
Stay on topic dude.
BillehBobJoe
US Enlisted: 2012-02-18
2013-01-08 01:50
not sure bout you, but i would definatly skip on repurchasing TDM Canals and Operation Grenade Spam
i wanna see BF2 maps, the good ones, like Road to Jalalabad and BFV maps like hastings
Blah..
christforlife12
US Enlisted: 2012-01-31
2013-01-08 01:56
OPERATION METRO needs to be in BF4
MVP!!!
FPSXSAM08
2013-01-08 02:09
No offense to Operation Metro fans, but I wouldn't mind it being in BF4, to me I am realllllly tired of playing it seeing that its been played throughout the beta and so forth. Road to Jalalabad was an awesome map in BF2. I was surprised that it wasn't part of the BK map pack. I would like to see some Bad Company (1 & 2) maps come back to life in BF4.

One thing I dislike about BF3 and probably will dislike about BF4 if they include it is the Thermal Optics. Personally I feel that it is an overpowered perk in the game. I hate when I am in a complete hiding spot sniping in foliage when enemies run right past me and don't even spot me and then some dude on the tank or attack helicopter spot you out with thermal optics. If anything, I think they need to include a time limit on how long it can be used. Maybe use it for 10-15 seconds before it has to recharge or something like that. It seems like it just takes part of the strategy out of the game.
jestersdance
Enlisted: 2012-10-23
2013-01-08 02:51
It's not like they're gonna skip Wake or Karkand. That being said, I'd rather see new maps instead of re-purchasing old maps - After all you can play BF3 if you still want them. Or, they should release them for free. Or better, make the game moddable and community takes care of that for you.

I also miss a lot of maps from the entire series, El Alamein, Iwo Jima, Road to Jalalabad, Arica Harbor... But the last thing the game needs is tons of rehashed maps sold as DLC.
Creutious
US Enlisted: 2012-11-01
2013-01-08 03:44
The only way BF4 will be good is if they take BF3, 'start over', put it on FrostBite 3 ( Totally revamped with realistic destruction ) and use the same UI except a graphical revamp as well, 1080p.

I can't see what else they could do..?
Konata_lzumi
JP Enlisted: 2011-12-01
2013-01-08 14:13
tl;dr

Preorder Battlefield 4 and get Back to Metro DLC FOR FREE!
OinkDoinkie
DE Enlisted: 2011-12-12
2013-01-08 14:17
Creutious said:
The only way BF4 will be good is if they take BF3, 'start over', put it on FrostBite 3 ( Totally revamped with realistic destruction ) and use the same UI except a graphical revamp as well, 1080p.

I can't see what else they could do..?

Bf4 will use Frostbite 2
Doomdog19
2013-01-09 04:09
bump
MmmmmNapalm
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-01-09 04:17 , edited 2013-01-09 04:18 by MmmmmNapalm
No CQ maps?
I liked them, they were a nice change of pace, and a good way to relax when you're tired of spawn-camping and stuff.
Maybe the actual BF3 CQ maps shouldn't be in 4, but I'd like some maps in BF4 in the style of CQ!
The Bat-Glare; Batman's only superpower.
Airsoft100
US Enlisted: 2012-10-07
2013-01-09 11:23
FPSXSAM08 said:
No offense to Operation Metro fans, but I wouldn't mind it being in BF4, to me I am realllllly tired of playing it seeing that its been played throughout the beta and so forth. Road to Jalalabad was an awesome map in BF2. I was surprised that it wasn't part of the BK map pack. I would like to see some Bad Company (1 & 2) maps come back to life in BF4.

One thing I dislike about BF3 and probably will dislike about BF4 if they include it is the Thermal Optics. Personally I feel that it is an overpowered perk in the game. I hate when I am in a complete hiding spot sniping in foliage when enemies run right past me and don't even spot me and then some dude on the tank or attack helicopter spot you out with thermal optics. If anything, I think they need to include a time limit on how long it can be used. Maybe use it for 10-15 seconds before it has to recharge or something like that. It seems like it just takes part of the strategy out of the game.

I do not see it being very overpowered but I see your point. I've never used thermal up close but in real life BDU's are usually thermal resistent meaning they conain the heat of the wearer making them harder to see, I dont know if battlefield already has this as it harrd to tell while Im raping Noobs wigth my heli and usually I am the pilot but this coould be added. Making it harder for someone to see you.

For remakes I would rather see new map packs,
Dice rushes everything I would rather see more time and money go into new map packs and DLCs. If they spend all thier time on remakes the new maps will suck, only make a few remakes like 4 most popular any game mode, that could be cool maybe release a map 1 per month maybe total of 4 that could be released inbetween map packs.
jestersdance said:
It's not like they're gonna skip Wake or Karkand. That being said, I'd rather see new maps instead of re-purchasing old maps - After all you can play BF3 if you still want them. Or, they should release them for free. Or better, make the game moddable and community takes care of that for you.

I also miss a lot of maps from the entire series, El Alamein, Iwo Jima, Road to Jalalabad, Arica Harbor... But the last thing the game needs is tons of rehashed maps sold as DLC.

I like this aside from the moding part, I ust feel modding should stay away from Battlefield for some reason.
TFBisquit
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-01-09 14:35
Frostbyte2 maps in bf3 will look and be the same in frostbyte2 bf4.
Just play bf3 for these maps?
Lehshara
PL Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2013-01-09 15:18 , edited 2013-01-09 15:21 by Lehshara
MacGrach187 said:
Bf4 will use Frostbite 2

Yeah but BF3 uses only 30% + power of the FrostBite 2 engine... BF4 will use 80% probably...

Newz said:
"Battlefield 4 will use 80% of the power of the Frostbite 2.0 engine, where BF3 used 30%~40%"

The gates of Heaven were lock shut, the pits of Hell they were all filled up
And I feel I don't belong here.
AngelDeath82
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-01-10 07:33
I personally believe that Operation Metro would be much better if a couple of key points were addressed. First is the spamming of grenades/grenade launchers at angles at the escalators, stairs, and lockers at the B control point. The ability to fire/throw into lockers from the bottom of the escalators and vice versa, and the ability to fire/throw to the bottom of the stairs from the door to lockers and vice versa really makes that section of the map difficult to manage in many ways. The second is being able to access normally inaccessible 3rd floor rooms by utilizing the canopies of 2nd floor windows on the 3 buildings at the A control point (nearest Russian uncap). Besides those glaring issues, I think it was a reasonably well designed map.
AUTh0rity
AT Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-01-10 10:55
None of the BF3 unique maps is worth to be ported to BF4. At least from my perspective.
Bad Company 1 had better maps than BF3, and the best BF maps of all time are found in the classic BF games (1942, 2).

All those Close Quarter CoD maps people are so happy about in BF3 have nothing to do with "Battlefield". If BF4 will be like BF3, then they should better change the name of the franchise. They cut their Battlefield roots in BF3.
Battle(non)sense: BF News, Infos and Explainations http://bit.ly/1nWrpMo |-| BF Machinimas - www.fear-productions.net |-| core i7 3770k @ 4.6GHz |-| 2x GTX670 OC Windforce 337.88 WHQL |-| 32GB RAM |-| Win 8.1 64bit |-| Framerate: 90-120FPS (limited) |-| Networksmoothing: 0% |-| Network Update: High |-| Internet connection: fibre, 50MBit/5Mbit
Doomdog19
2013-01-11 20:31
Bump