Thread is locked.

Are Jets Overpowered?

EnamouredCargo
AU Enlisted: 2012-07-10
2013-03-25 12:50
Jets are overpowered, once you get a person who knows everything about them and knows everything to do in them, they just dominate everything and i mean everything on the BF, they really shouldn't of put them in, they are as hard as anything to blow up since they can fly faster then the missile and the flares come back way to fast, they are unbalanced.

Nooo haters and people saying im a noob and i suck, i'm serious about this
JaFool1
Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2013-03-25 12:55
So because someone has taken the time to master a vehicle and you cannot destroy them with your one shot lock on skill cannon, they should be removed from the game completely?
Xritke
US Enlisted: 2012-11-24
2013-03-25 12:57
Jets are easy to master.
If you have mastered a jet, you can easily take one out with a tank and attack helicopter since you can basically foresee what they're going to do.
[img]http://g.bf3stats.com/360/bhRcix1o/Xritke.png[/img]
Treborlavok
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-03-25 13:01
JaFool1 said:
So because someone has taken the time to master a vehicle and you cannot destroy them with your one shot lock on skill cannon, they should be removed from the game completely?

i dont think thats what OP means.

SImply put, everything in this game has always been about balance. This kills this and that kill that each in their own respective ways. But, if you have someone extremely skilled in a jet. They are impossible to take down, which they shouldnt be. There should be a way to take down even the best pilots.

As it is now Flares-> boost -> below radar-> recharge-> loop-> attack-> rinse and repeat. They should do something like.... Below radar only working above starting bases. If your low enough over the battlefield to attack ground troops, your risking too much and should feel that risk by not being able to just fly under the radar so noone can get a lock on... food for thought.
EnamouredCargo
2013-03-25 13:03
they unbalanced, they destroy everything on the BF, they blow everything up in seconds, it makes gamers like me that like to enjoy driving jeeps and tanks and helicopters a complete nightmare because you die pretty much all the time and the movability of a Jet moving slow is ridiculous
Archangel990
US Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2013-03-25 13:05
We aren't impossible to take down, lol.

Just get a bit better in the jet yourself and handle your team's air superiority on your own.

No ace is invincible.

Our effectiveness also goes down exponentially with the number of lock on weapons on the map at any time. An ace can almost be useless if facing a combination of stingers, heatseeker jets, and heatseekering helicopters. It'll take us a few minutes to clear our areas in that situation, which is a lot of leeway for ground troops.

If you want to deal with an ace, essentially, use teamwork. Otherwise, you'll get smashed. That's how Battlefield works; not this ridiculous 'rock-paper-scissors' system that so many of you want.
You're trying to find some kind of fault, aren't you? Good luck.
EnamouredCargo
2013-03-25 13:26
have you notice though that it is very hard on console because your always on your own all the time
marooned-pirate
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-03-25 13:28
I'm not a big fan of jets either.

Good jet pilots are far too dominant and bad / average jet pilots are wasted players.
“Another name? Oh, certainly. And when the Faceless Men come to kill me, I'll say, 'No, you have the wrong man, I'm a different dwarf with a hideous facial scar.'"
RedDrag0n0
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-03-25 13:30 , edited 2013-03-25 13:31 by RedDrag0n0
This post has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.
why u quit? didnt u like ur spanking?
Reaper1FAF
US Enlisted: 2012-04-06
2013-03-25 13:58
Treborlavok said:
JaFool1 said:

SImply put, everything in this game has always been about balance. This kills this and that kill that each in their own respective ways. But, if you have someone extremely skilled in a jet. They are impossible to take down, which they shouldnt be. There should be a way to take down even the best pilots.

As it is now Flares-> boost -> below radar-> recharge-> loop-> attack-> rinse and repeat. They should do something like.... Below radar only working above starting bases. If your low enough over the battlefield to attack ground troops, your risking too much and should feel that risk by not being able to just fly under the radar so noone can get a lock on... food for thought.

There's absolutely risk flying low over the battlefield and you absolutely do feel that risk. It's called "light posts".
Treborlavok
2013-03-25 14:29
Reaper1FAF said:
Treborlavok said:
JaFool1 said:

There's absolutely risk flying low over the battlefield and you absolutely do feel that risk. It's called "light posts".

Archangel990 said:
We aren't impossible to take down, lol.

Just get a bit better in the jet yourself and handle your team's air superiority on your own.

No ace is invincible.

Our effectiveness also goes down exponentially with the number of lock on weapons on the map at any time. An ace can almost be useless if facing a combination of stingers, heatseeker jets, and heatseekering helicopters. It'll take us a few minutes to clear our areas in that situation, which is a lot of leeway for ground troops.

If you want to deal with an ace, essentially, use teamwork. Otherwise, you'll get smashed. That's how Battlefield works; not this ridiculous 'rock-paper-scissors' system that so many of you want.

im an decent jet pilot myself.

i can, with ease, fly below radar close to the ground with no problems.

I can outrun and out maneuver other decent sometimes good jet pilots.

I can swoop in destroy a tank in one pass and get away with stingers trying to lock on and get low and get away scott free.

I cannot, out maneuver ace pilots. I try keeping my speed at the recommended turning speed but the ace pilots just fly circles around me.

The great pilots SHOULD be near impossible to take down FROM THE AIR. But, when they get low and above the battlefield they SHOULD be able to be taken down. The way everything is atm its just too easy to get in and out and low with jets and stay alive.

- Like i said, make below radar only effective above bases. Let the battlefield be free rein. you get too close to the ground you deserve to be shot down. Stay in the air and take down the other air units and stay at a distance and take down the mobile ground units.

This discussion can go 2 ways... with the idiots coming in crying themselves about ppl crying. or having a simple adult discussion about something in the game...
Turban_Legend80
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-03-25 14:32
would making stingers a one hit kill on jets be a bad thing? I rarely get hit by them on conquest, and when i do get hit its usually my own fault (lag is the reason why countermeasures seem to fail sometimes).
The wagon rests in winter, the sleigh in summer, the horse never.
Farrenkopf13
US Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2013-03-25 14:41
If one person is pwning you on the BF, try playing with friends. 2>1
soulja224466
US Enlisted: 2012-04-15
2013-03-25 14:43
Xritke said:
Jets are easy to master.
If you have mastered a jet, you can easily take one out with a tank and attack helicopter since you can basically foresee what they're going to do.

107 combined flanker/hornet kills lol. U haven't mastered anything dude.I am never killed by tanks or choppers.only light poles and good pilots counter jets, which is the way it should be. Top of the food chain and all...
JaFool1
Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2013-03-25 16:12
Treborlavok said:

I can swoop in destroy a tank in one pass and get away with stingers trying to lock on and get low and get away scott free.

I cannot, out maneuver ace pilots. I try keeping my speed at the recommended turning speed but the ace pilots just fly circles around me.

The great pilots SHOULD be near impossible to take down FROM THE AIR. But, when they get low and above the battlefield they SHOULD be able to be taken down. The way everything is atm its just too easy to get in and out and low with jets and stay alive.

- Like i said, make below radar only effective above bases. Let the battlefield be free rein. you get too close to the ground you deserve to be shot down. Stay in the air and take down the other air units and stay at a distance and take down the mobile ground units.

This discussion can go 2 ways... with the idiots coming in crying themselves about ppl crying. or having a simple adult discussion about something in the game...

Top Jet - 19 Kills

Waits for the second account excuse.........
Amber_Santa
US Enlisted: 2012-01-19
2013-03-25 16:18
I like jets but yes I know what you mean, a pilot can go 30+ kills on a rush map and spawn camp our jet so our chances of shooting him down are slim
Geronimo 1/5
guddeddd
US Enlisted: 2012-05-21
2013-03-25 16:29
javlin squad and a soflam work everytime. this however, requires more than one person to work together at the same time! lol idk if bf3 players are ready for this new concept they released in the recent patch. its called "TEAMWORK" lol
Ronsonson_Ron
US Enlisted: 2012-08-06
2013-03-25 17:00
i'm invincible unless the ground gets butt hurt
Treborlavok
2013-03-25 21:57
JaFool1 said:
Treborlavok said:

Top Jet - 19 Kills

i dont have 2 accounts, its ok.

I dont need to have 1000+ kills to be a decent jet pilot. I just need the comprehension on how the jets work and the ability to fly them around. I can and like the fly the jets around and just have fun in them. My preferred air vehicle is the attack chopper, which i can fly quite well.

I never said i was an ace pilot, im no where near that level and i said that. Im just referring to the fact that me, having only 19 kills in a jet, i can get in and out of the battlefield and put some fire down and not get shot down by ground units. Ive never been shot down by a stinger/igla. Ive only been shot down by other pilots, which is the only thing that should shoot down another pilot. because jets should never get that close to the battlefield to get within stinger range, or for that matter rpg range.

Jets do need to be looked at and changed. But the ppl who are (ab)using them like this are the ones crying back"o get better noob, get in a jet and take them down." You shouldnt HAVE to get into a jet to take them down IF the jet pilot is going to be flying in and attacking ground foot units. like i said, if you get within stinger range, you should know that your GOING to get shot down and it better be worth swooping down to do so.
Archangel990
US Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2013-03-25 22:02
Treborlavok said:
JaFool1 said:
Treborlavok said:

Top Jet - 19 Kills

i dont have 2 accounts, its ok.

I dont need to have 1000+ kills to be a decent jet pilot. I just need the comprehension on how the jets work and the ability to fly them around. I can and like the fly the jets around and just have fun in them. My preferred air vehicle is the attack chopper, which i can fly quite well.

I never said i was an ace pilot, im no where near that level and i said that. Im just referring to the fact that me, having only 19 kills in a jet, i can get in and out of the battlefield and put some fire down and not get shot down by ground units. Ive never been shot down by a stinger/igla. Ive only been shot down by other pilots, which is the only thing that should shoot down another pilot. because jets should never get that close to the battlefield to get within stinger range, or for that matter rpg range.

Jets do need to be looked at and changed. But the ppl who are (ab)using them like this are the ones crying back"o get better noob, get in a jet and take them down." You shouldnt HAVE to get into a jet to take them down IF the jet pilot is going to be flying in and attacking ground foot units. like i said, if you get within stinger range, you should know that your GOING to get shot down and it better be worth swooping down to do so.

Oh, so if I stray into an airspace bubble with 420m radius, I HAVE to get shot down because some scrub can point in my general direction?

By your logic, simply being in range of any enemy on the ground means you have to get shot and die, and no skill should save you.

Keep ruining shooters, pls.
You're trying to find some kind of fault, aren't you? Good luck.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.