Thread is locked.

Are Jets Overpowered?

cmike80311
US Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2013-03-26 02:38
1 solflam and engi whores. Learn to play rookies.
JonneeZ said:
Archangel990 said:
Our effectiveness also goes down exponentially with the number of lock on weapons on the map at any time. An ace can almost be useless if facing a combination of stingers, heatseeker jets, and heatseekering helicopters. It'll take us a few minutes to clear our areas in that situation, which is a lot of leeway for ground troops.
Lol that actually pretty much proves the OPs point. The fact that it can take a "combination" of 4-6 players to keep a singe good jet pilot quiet, not even guaranteed destroyed, is proof that jets are OP. And I love flying jets. So basically 1 good pilot has drawn 4-6 players' attention away from the ground game, less engies with RPGs to deal with tanks, and makes a greatly overproportional impact on the game.

As much as i like jets, I honestly wouldnt be greatly disappointed if they weren't in BF4 (though they will be).
What do you know about death?
h0lyzzz
ES Enlisted: 2012-02-21
2013-03-26 02:38
Actually, it's not balanced at all, jets have been nerfed one way or another in every patch, and yet skill-less noobs such as OP want still more, get real, get skill, and learn to fly one youself, if anything were to happen, that'd be jets getting buffed to the way they were when the game first came out. A good jet pilot will dominate? Of course he will, and that's how it's supossed to be, jets are the master race in this game, they are the only vehicle that actually requires skill to master, JETS>HELI>MBT>INFANTRY, that's just the way it must be, deal with it and stop being such a baby OP.
ME AN ROBAO EN EL JET Y MELON DESTROZADO. www.youtube.com/user/HolyzTheOne El Youtuber mas guapo que hay.
Archangel990
US Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2013-03-26 02:42
Treborlavok said:
"You seem to be missing my point entirely. Im not talking about the pilots staying in the air like they should. im talking about the pilots that harass the infantry units."

Thats my rebuttal. Go ahead, scroll back up and read it, its the first thing i started with.

Also as ace pilot, you should know that if your getting followed/damaged by an enemy jet there is no landing and repairing. Its either fly or die. If you get hit by a stinger/igla, as it is now yes you can fly away safely below radar land and repair and come back and repeat the process.

my facts are facts, this isnt an opinion, its the mechanics of the game. It takes a minimum of 3 infantry units to take down 1 jet pilot. 1 to pop his flares, 1 to disable, 1 to kill. Thats IF he doesnt get below radar and just fly away scott free. So again, im waiting for your response to my side of the argument. and yet you seem to yet again revert to trying to change the subject and using insults.

That isn't a fact. Yet again, it's a generalization.

Name ONE fact, and I'll treat you seriously. Otherwise, your side is unsubstantiated and will never win.
You're trying to find some kind of fault, aren't you? Good luck.
cmike80311
2013-03-26 02:45
Again 1 SOLFLAM an a JAV. I know you a chick but STFU an L2P.
Archangel990 said:
Treborlavok said:
"You seem to be missing my point entirely. Im not talking about the pilots staying in the air like they should. im talking about the pilots that harass the infantry units."

Thats my rebuttal. Go ahead, scroll back up and read it, its the first thing i started with.

Also as ace pilot, you should know that if your getting followed/damaged by an enemy jet there is no landing and repairing. Its either fly or die. If you get hit by a stinger/igla, as it is now yes you can fly away safely below radar land and repair and come back and repeat the process.

my facts are facts, this isnt an opinion, its the mechanics of the game. It takes a minimum of 3 infantry units to take down 1 jet pilot. 1 to pop his flares, 1 to disable, 1 to kill. Thats IF he doesnt get below radar and just fly away scott free. So again, im waiting for your response to my side of the argument. and yet you seem to yet again revert to trying to change the subject and using insults.

Name ONE fact, and I'll treat you seriously. Otherwise, your side is unsubstantiated and will never win.
Archangel990
2013-03-26 02:48
cmike80311 said:
Again 1 SOLFLAM an a JAV. I know you a chick but STFU an L2P.

What are you even trying to argue for right now? Whose side are you on?
Don_Juan12222
XK Enlisted: 2012-08-08
2013-03-26 02:50
MsG-Ivan said:
Jets are overpowered, once you get a person who knows everything about them and knows everything to do in them
if they have that much skill they deserve the kills

you just fucking suck, like you said it yourself,

jets are supposed to be on the top of the food chain, and even though they are hundreds of times less useful than they are in real life, they STILL dominate the battlefield. It is perfectly balanced the way it if and if you suck too much to accept it then you should go play another game, i'm not even an ace, i';m more of the "pubstomper" category, but i can tell that if you cannot get in a jet and kill me, you do not deserve to

The second part is completely worthless considering what you said in the last part
CleanSlaughter
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-03-26 02:56
there seems to be one thing left unsaid, stingers will still lock on to jets below radar, i've had it happen to me, below rader is for heat seeking missiles and what not
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
Treborlavok
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-03-26 02:57
Archangel990 said:
Treborlavok said:

Its not a generalization. The time it takes a jet to come and strafe infantry units is a matter of seconds. By the time 1 eng fires and gets the pilot to pop flares, the pilot is already out of range before the eng can reload.

Jav/soflam is a great combo yes. But if the pilot is flying below radar he will easily avoid and take out that giant laser pointer.

The whole point of this discussion is this...

Jets are the top of the food chain, yes. But, even the great white shark has to be weary to not stray from his kingdom less he be left out to dry and out in the open.

Jets SHOULD control ALL air and ground vehicles. BUT jets should NOT be able to come into meters of the battlefield and destroy enemy infantry. They need to stay up in their kingdom of the sky and take out vehicles to help their infantry units advance and take and keep objectives. Jets are NOT the gods of the game. Every class/vehicle has a role in this game. If you step outside of that role you SHOULD be killed because your stepping into someone elses kingdom. ;)
cmike80311
2013-03-26 03:01
nm the chick knows more than you lol arch....... 1 solflam an jav...sorry trey thought u made that comment.. lol
FrankW1029
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
^ lol... There are skills involved in all vehicles in this game. There is a reason why some people has more kills in certain vehicles in a lot less time.

IMO AH takes the most skill to do well in this game becaue you have to constantly watch not to fly too high so jets cant shoot you down with ease, watch not to fly too low in the range of the tanks, watch out for infantry with AA rockets because it cant fly aways as quick as the jets, and all the while you have to communicate with your gunner and locate target to shoot at. When i am in the jets, yes it is more powerful if you can dominate the air, but it is easier to fly because you only have to worry about if another jet comes after you and just find your target and let loose your rocket pods or cannons.
CleanSlaughter
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
Jets SHOULD control ALL air and ground vehicles. BUT jets should NOT be able to come into meters of the battlefield and destroy enemy infantry. They need to stay up in their kingdom of the sky and take out vehicles to help their infantry units advance and take and keep objectives. Jets are NOT the gods of the game. Every class/vehicle has a role in this game. If you step outside of that role you SHOULD be killed because your stepping into someone elses kingdom. ;)

your argument is invalid, a jet should be killed because he's close to the ground where according to you he shouldn't be? what happens when he's already killed all your vehicles? believe me it gets really boring just flying around not being able to shoot anything because the enemy team is too scared to come into the air and try to take you out, therefore the next logical thing to do is to help my TEAMMATES by taking out ground infantry, i onced saved a tank from C4, im pretty sure he was quite grateful.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
Don_Juan12222
XK Enlisted: 2012-08-08
2013-03-26 03:03 , edited 2013-03-26 03:03 by Don_Juan12222
CleanSlaughter said:

your argument is invalid, a jet should be killed because he's close to the ground where according to you he shouldn't be? what happens when he's already killed all your vehicles? believe me it gets really boring just flying around not being able to shoot anything because the enemy team is too scared to come into the air and try to take you out, therefore the next logical thing to do is to help my TEAMMATES by taking out ground infantry, i onced saved a tank from C4, im pretty sure he was quite grateful.

Well with CQ jets it's not really even a problem with the infantry thing
Rush jets are a different story however
Archangel990
2013-03-26 03:22 , edited 2013-03-26 03:38 by Archangel990
Treborlavok said:
Archangel990 said:
Treborlavok said:

Its not a generalization. The time it takes a jet to come and strafe infantry units is a matter of seconds. By the time 1 eng fires and gets the pilot to pop flares, the pilot is already out of range before the eng can reload.

Jav/soflam is a great combo yes. But if the pilot is flying below radar he will easily avoid and take out that giant laser pointer.

The whole point of this discussion is this...

Jets are the top of the food chain, yes. But, even the great white shark has to be weary to not stray from his kingdom less he be left out to dry and out in the open.

Jets are not stepping out of their role if they aren't getting negative consequences, genius. It's a really ridiculous stance to take to suggest that a jet maximizing its potential while still being rather untouched is 'out of its role.'

A jet being out of its role is taxiing along the ground trying to capture flags. Attacking infantry and escaping unscathed is not out of its role because its point bounties are increased for no drawback.

I find it funny that this whole time you're arguing for jets being unbalanced, when in reality you're arguing that the players flying them are, which is suggesting that they (the players) are unbalanced because they are skillful:

'im talking about the pilots that harass the infantry units.'

'If you get hit by a stinger/igla, as it is now yes you can fly away safely below radar land and repair and come back and repeat the process.' (obviously the jet isn't what's doing the flying away here)

'1 squad of 4 to take on 1 jet pilot attacking infantry units ... So even in the best scenario, thats MAYBE 3 infantry to take down 1 pilot. MAYBE.'

Now, if you don't think they're skillful with their jet usage (implying that jets are easy enough to use that these pilots can be anyone at all), then please, show me a ridiculously impressive jet round that you never die in yourself. If what you're claiming is a fact, then literally EVERYONE that EVER LIVED or EVER WILL LIVE can easily evade stingers and attack infantry because of how their JETS function, completely irrelevant to the pilot's skill. If a newborn infant cannot avoid stingers, then your claim that JETS are unbalanced cannot feasibly hold. All you're left with is that the unbalance comes from pilots, which is my initial point: you despise player skill and are ruining video games for the rest of us, likely because you've found people better than you in them.

My closing statement: People are better than you. GET OVER IT, and become better yourself. Can't handle that? There are plenty more child-friendly games out there that cater to players of... less capability like yourself. And before you try to argue that you're not unskilled, that these people you're whining about are not better than you, and that you are capable of surviving like ace pilots, then you automatically invalidate your own argument. You either:

A) Are incredibly unskilled and cannot cope with other players being better than you, so you try to nerf player skill by attacking something completely irrelevant (in this case, jets).

or

B) Are skilled yourself (which is a pretty ballsy claim, since it takes you ten minutes to get a jet kill) but when you try to claim jets are unbalanced, you're only demonstrating that it is, in fact, your own skill at work, and not the jet. Hence, all those statements of yours that I quoted which criticized pilot skill make you a blatant hypocrite (and possibly even a lunatic, because you've been criticizing yourself as being the unbalanced one this entire time).

So, it's a choice between an unskilled crybaby with no argument, or a skilled hypocrite with no argument. I think you lost, friend. Good night.
whoisAEK
US Enlisted: 2011-12-27
2013-03-26 05:48
oh look, more tears.
itsskyyy
AU Enlisted: 2012-02-22
2013-03-26 06:38
Haha this thread was a great read :)

Good job Arch, you've easily got the most valid argument.
Timgie said: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) iFICTI0N said: This thread made my day. That face made my week.
Good-Guy-Mike
US Enlisted: 2011-12-25
2013-03-26 06:39
Archangel990 said:
We aren't impossible to take down, lol.

Just get a bit better in the jet yourself and handle your team's air superiority on your own.

No ace is invincible.

Our effectiveness also goes down exponentially with the number of lock on weapons on the map at any time. An ace can almost be useless if facing a combination of stingers, heatseeker jets, and heatseekering helicopters. It'll take us a few minutes to clear our areas in that situation, which is a lot of leeway for ground troops.

If you want to deal with an ace, essentially, use teamwork. Otherwise, you'll get smashed. That's how Battlefield works; not this ridiculous 'rock-paper-scissors' system that so many of you want.
Its-Godzilla
US Enlisted: 2012-08-14
2013-03-26 07:14
Hey OP if you don't like getting owned by jets in CQ just learn to fly them. I started flying because I was sick of them not being challenged and focusing on my tank. Now 99% of the time if a jet comes after me or my friends vehicles I can grab a jet and keep the airspace clear so my team can cap flags. But never camp the enemy spawn that's reserved for scrubs.

Since all the pilots seem to be in here; Is anyone else having a problem where when they get out of their jet to repair you have no weapon and can only move left and right? It has happened to me a few times since End Game came out and on both old and new maps. I also have a lot harder time dodging GTA missiles but an easier time dodging ATA missiles. I don't know if they patched that or if my month break changed my abilities in a weird way.
---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuBSSEWX3M0 <--- 90 second minitage
X_Shadow_Viper_X
2013-03-26 07:22
EnamouredCargo said:
Jets are overpowered, once you get a person who knows everything about them and knows everything to do in them, they just dominate everything and i mean everything on the BF, they really shouldn't of put them in, they are as hard as anything to blow up since they can fly faster then the missile and the flares come back way to fast, they are unbalanced.

Nooo haters and people saying im a noob and i suck, i'm serious about this

Wow really, another thread like this. They keep popping up, these CoD kids just don't seem to learn.

Just because you keep getting killed by Jets, doesn't mean they're "Overpowered"

It means you need to Learn 2 Play, once you've Learned 2 Play you will then beable to Adapt and Overcome.

Crying on the forums for DICE to make the game easier for you is a waste of time and will not help you become a better player.

It's Fine, Learn to Play

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Crying.
Treborlavok
2013-03-26 08:52
Timgie said:
Haha this thread was a great read :)

Good job Arch, you've easily got the most valid argument.

actually he hasnt had a valid argument yet. He just keeps spouting insults and talk about skill... but hey this is the bf3 forums why would it be any different.

obviously its useless to try and bring up a legitimate claim on these forums because you have people QQ from every side. the ppl abusing the problem and the ppl talking about the problem. Whos wrong? noone and everyone so its always a lose lose situation for anyone who brings something up. How about we just start up another.... im recon..... you mad bro? thread and go from there, threads like that seem to be the hip thing to do anyway.

i swear i dont know why i even bother trying to post on here lol. its like beating your head against the wall when your trying to talk to ppl.
bankruptpuppet
US Enlisted: 2012-04-03
2013-03-26 10:21
we are almost invincible in the jet while ur trying to 1v1 or 1v2 us but tht is why they creted stingers and team chat my frieands

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.