Thread is locked.

Damage buff the bolt-action sniper rifles in BF4!

herobfhero
GB Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2013-04-01 11:45
I've made threads about this topic before but i think its necessary that i get my opinion out there and try to give snipers/Non-snipers my problems with sniping in Bf3 and why i believe its recommend they are changed for battlefield 4, First off all I'm colonel level 54, 11 star with the sniper class and nearly over 5000 kills with the sniper rifles (bolt-action) . I do have a few problems with the reconnaissance class but i will leave that for another topic.

For now I'm discussing about the BOLT ACTION SNIPER RIFLES DAMAGE, now players automatically assume I'm trying to make sniping exactly the same has Call of duty were you can 1 hit kill from any distance and quick-scope i will be honest I've never enjoyed call of duty so i wouldn't want the call of duty mechanics in battlefield 3 or 4, Its a simple buff which i believe would make a reconnaissance players play the bolt-action sniper rifle effectively and not sit at the back off the map counting rocks. what I'm after is a buff to the Damage from 1-10m in close engagements on all sniper rifles (except semi-automatic sniper rifles) i will give you a brief example on what i mean the M40a5 as a damage count of 59-80, damage multiplier 2.0 head (head shot) and 1.25 chest, as you can see the chest damage isn't good enough in a close engagement you would have to fire at least another 2 rounds before he is dead and that is impossible you would be dead before you can chamber the next round or you lucky get an head shot.

My solution is keep the damage (EXAMPLE) of the m40a5 to 59-80, damage multiplier 2.0 head (head shot) and chest 1.25- (2.0 from 1-10m) and all the other sniper rifles should also adopt these chest stats. That way players like me don't get sprayed down from a automatic weapon UN fairly while playing the objective, Their as been a few situations where I've hit the player around chest area damaging him to 89 from 1-10ms and rarely ever had enough time to chamber that next round to kill him lets be honest here its not always possible to archive an head shot while being suppressed half off the time its luck.

I want at least a fair discussion about this topic and no trolling -.-.

-HeroBFhero.
"How tall are you private? "Sir, five foot nine, sir!" "Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high!
JDoeBIAMC
US Enlisted: 2012-11-24
2013-04-01 11:58
Simple solution....when in close like capping objectives...switch to your handgun. Solves the problem and is more effective than most would think. 1911 is top of the list of my weapons due to playing the objective no matter what kit I'm using and I, and many others, have found that using the handgun in close is quite effective. Sniper rifle of any kind in close is just stupid, but that's just how I see it. In other words, snipers rifles do NOT need a buff although I do believe that a 7.62x51 round, no matter what the weapon that fired it, should do the same damage.
"Look at what you have; Look at what you want. Fix what you have in such a way so you can get what you want." - Robert L. Roberts, 1978
herobfhero
2013-04-01 12:03
JDoeBIAMC said:
Simple solution....when in close like capping objectives...switch to your handgun. Solves the problem and is more effective than most would think. 1911 is top of the list of my weapons due to playing the objective no matter what kit I'm using and I, and many others, have found that using the handgun in close is quite effective. Sniper rifle of any kind in close is just stupid, but that's just how I see it. In other words, snipers rifles do NOT need a buff although I do believe that a 7.62x51 round, no matter what the weapon that fired it, should do the same damage.

Common dude its isn't always possible to switch to an hand-gun you will be killed it a matter of seconds if for example they're carrying a aek-931 or m16a3.
"How tall are you private? "Sir, five foot nine, sir!" "Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high!
xFiora
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-04-01 12:03 , edited 2013-04-01 12:04 by xFiora
I always swore that all bolt actions were OHK within 15 meters.

@Above, then don't let them get close. You have a long ranged weapon for a reason.
I'm a wolf amongst sheep.
JDoeBIAMC
US Enlisted: 2012-11-24
2013-04-01 12:07
herobfhero said:
JDoeBIAMC said:
Common dude its isn't always possible to switch to an hand-gun you will be killed it a matter of seconds if for example they're carrying a aek-931 or m16a3.

You don't switch in the middle of a gunfight if you can help it. Switch before you get in close and run ADS. Learn your weapons, learn the most effective way of using them and you'll get through it. Every single one of my handgun ribbons has come from defending or attacking an objective using the handgun instead of an LMG or sniper rifle and sometimes go to the handgun when I run the Engineer or Assault kit, depending on where the objective is and the map. You just need to get a divorce from your precious sniper rifle.
"Look at what you have; Look at what you want. Fix what you have in such a way so you can get what you want." - Robert L. Roberts, 1978
nesquiksily
US Enlisted: 2011-11-08
2013-04-01 12:12
Within ten meters it is always a OHK to the chest with all bolt actions, the problem is the weird hit box located around the arms that effectively negates the chest(because it has a .75 multiplier I believe) if you hit the arms first and hypothetically in a real world scenario the bullet would have passed through the arm into the chest, but that's not the way it works in BF3.
We are all here to help each other not suck at battlefield!
Hortey
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-04-01 12:15 , edited 2013-04-01 12:16 by Hortey
Every time a new battlefield comes out, a bolt action sniper nerd who glorifies sniping as the epitome of warfare will whine that they aren't powerful enough.

They are able to kill you in one shot from any distance, distances at which you don't even render on the screen of the person you are shooting at.... that is powerful, and people STILL can't use it. If you want to be a run and gun recon, use a DMR... sniper rifles have their niche, and do it well, there is no reason to make them better. ATM they are too powerful in hardcore to the point of making the entire mode a joke, just like bc2, but this time there's no body armor perk.

EDIT: Don't use "in the real world" in battlefeld balancing please. In the real world if I shot a sniper in the head with an M4 at 100 meters he would die. In battlefield, he's not even at half health.
Not_Even_Goku
AU Enlisted: 2012-04-14
2013-04-01 12:21
xFiora said:
I always swore that all bolt actions were OHK within 15 meters.

@Above, then don't let them get close. You have a long ranged weapon for a reason.

Extactly
Battlefield 1, Preordered. http://imgur.com/bgmTSzh
kburley
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-01
2013-04-01 12:24 , edited 2013-04-01 12:25 by kburley
How have you never noticed that snipers are one hit kill withing 10 or so meters? It is already fixed, i only ever use bolt actions for close range simply because they have that OHK ability, and become a shotgun with a scope and ability to kill at extreme range if need be.

Unless you are trolling, you must not be aiming well, as they already have what you said you are probably shooting the legs or arms half the time.
Support these threads!!!: Weapon specific scopes! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348555358223/2/ RK-95tp!! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490298870604/
lIlLVLCAPlIl
CA Enlisted: 2011-12-07
2013-04-01 12:24
The thing is OP, Sniper Rifles are long range weapons. If you go running around at close range with one, you shouldn't be given an advantage. Should we have a damage boost? Probably yeah, but the community would not like it, therefore we should just play to the gun's strength and play more defensively using distance to our advantage.
herobfhero
2013-04-01 12:32
Hortey said:
Every time a new battlefield comes out, a bolt action sniper nerd who glorifies sniping as the epitome of warfare will whine that they aren't powerful enough.

They are able to kill you in one shot from any distance, distances at which you don't even render on the screen of the person you are shooting at.... that is powerful, and people STILL can't use it. If you want to be a run and gun recon, use a DMR... sniper rifles have their niche, and do it well, there is no reason to make them better. ATM they are too powerful in hardcore to the point of making the entire mode a joke, just like bc2, but this time there's no body armor perk.

EDIT: Don't use "in the real world" in battlefeld balancing please. In the real world if I shot a sniper in the head with an M4 at 100 meters he would die. In battlefield, he's not even at half health.

first off all why would you compare real life warfare to a game is beyond me, i haven't once compared real life to battlefield 3/4 which makes your statement invalid, The solution which i came up with would potentially benefit hard working snipers like my self who what to challenge them self instead of taking the fully automatic route and getting easy kills. I've shown proof how its underpowered and i believe I've come up with a good solution how it would not be overpowered or underpowered so again re-think your statement Bro.
Hortey
2013-04-01 12:32 , edited 2013-04-01 12:38 by Hortey
If bolt actions get a boost to CQC then I don't see why any other weapon in the game should have damage dropoff. Why should a sniper be able to survive 3 bullets to the head of my carbine?

THREE BULLETS TO THE HEAD, and a sniper can survive and put ONE round into me and I die. Why should bolt action sniper rifles be good at everything? They already have an area where they are unrivaled in power and can do things that no other weapon class can.

EDIT: I just played gun master all day for the medal in a snipers only room, they are one shot kills at close range unless you hit a limb. Why are you trying to make them more powerful when you say you want to use them for a challenge? They are already hardly a challenge. Bolt action rifles are for long range and one shot kills, if you want to run and gun as recon there are already DMR's and PDWs that you can use. This entire thing makes zero sense, and you say my statement is invalid because i used a coorelation to the actual weapons the game is trying to recreate? Then you are invalid because the entire reason you made this thread conflicts with itself.

You want to make bolt action sniper rifles, a weapon class designed for long range combat, easier to use in CQC situations so that it can be a challenge. It makes zero sense.
kburley
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-01
2013-04-01 12:37
Why isn't anyone realising that they already are one hit kill at close range?
Support these threads!!!: Weapon specific scopes! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348555358223/2/ RK-95tp!! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490298870604/
herobfhero
2013-04-01 12:38
kburley said:
How have you never noticed that snipers are one hit kill withing 10 or so meters? It is already fixed, i only ever use bolt actions for close range simply because they have that OHK ability, and become a shotgun with a scope and ability to kill at extreme range if need be.

Unless you are trolling, you must not be aiming well, as they already have what you said you are probably shooting the legs or arms half the time.

I've done all the test and its defiantly not a 1HK to chest from 15m, while using the the M98B i hit a friend in the chest from approximately 10-15m and only hit him down to 9 and that using the M98b the highest damage off all snipers. i think its EA/DICE who trolling you bro.
Hortey
2013-04-01 12:43
herobfhero said:
kburley said:

I've done all the test and its defiantly not a 1HK to chest from 15m, while using the the M98B i hit a friend in the chest from approximately 10-15m and only hit him down to 9 and that using the M98b the highest damage off all snipers. i think its EA/DICE who trolling you bro.

Shoot them in the chest, not the gut, not the limbs. The m40 is OHK there up to roughly 20m and the m98 is OHK there up to 60m.

Tried and tested myself. It works.
herobfhero
2013-04-01 12:55
Hortey said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:

Shoot them in the chest, not the gut, not the limbs. The m40 is OHK there up to roughly 20m and the m98 is OHK there up to 60m.

Tried and tested myself. It works.

I did m98b from 10-15m and did 91 damage from the upper chest. I've been has close as 5m with the m98b on metro and never 1hk in the chest area, i think you're chatting absolute shit, either that or come join a server with me and we will test it out AGAIN and prove you wrong.
Hortey
2013-04-01 13:00 , edited 2013-04-01 13:02 by Hortey
I just played the game all day, getting OHK chest shots with the m98, m40, sv98, and l96.

You obviously don't need a challenge if you can't even hit the chest with a bolt action, I mean... ten meters with the m98? Ten meters. You expect people to believe that the m98, which does NINTY FIVE DAMAGE AS A BASE, does 91 damage to the chest at 10 meters?

EDIT: The rifles damage doesn't even start to drop off until 15 meters!
herobfhero
2013-04-01 13:09
Hortey said:
I just played the game all day, getting OHK chest shots with the m98, m40, sv98, and l96.

You obviously don't need a challenge if you can't even hit the chest with a bolt action, I mean... ten meters with the m98? Ten meters. You expect people to believe that the m98, which does NINTY FIVE DAMAGE AS A BASE, does 91 damage to the chest at 10 meters?

EDIT: The rifles damage doesn't even start to drop off until 15 meters!

What to come a join a game with me and test it? I'm always happy to prove you wrong.
marooned-pirate
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-04-01 13:14
And while we're making snipers effective in CQC, how about we also add a 2 hit kill hit-box on people at long range for the PDWs.
It is stupid having guns that excel at one range and are weak at another range. They should be effective everywhere; screw specialization.
“Another name? Oh, certainly. And when the Faceless Men come to kill me, I'll say, 'No, you have the wrong man, I'm a different dwarf with a hideous facial scar.'"
herobfhero
2013-04-01 13:18
marooned-pirate said:
And while we're making snipers effective in CQC, how about we also add a 2 hit kill hit-box on people at long range for the PDWs.
It is stupid having guns that excel at one range and are weak at another range. They should be effective everywhere; screw specialization.

PDW have a huge advantage over Sniper faster reload and ROF and the damage? try sniping in close engagement and message me back how frustrating it is, when that player should of died.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.