Thread is locked.

Damage buff the bolt-action sniper rifles in BF4!

Desyatnik_Pansy
GB Enlisted: 2012-02-24
2013-04-01 13:18
darkowl1991 said:
xFiora said:
I always swore that all bolt actions were OHK within 15 meters.

@Above, then don't let them get close. You have a long ranged weapon for a reason.
Exaactly
LaMorvens
RU Enlisted: 2012-05-29
2013-04-01 13:20
Within 10 meters it IS a 1 hit kill so long as you get a 1.00X multiplier or higher

(that means no leg shots)
TheGreenRecon
CA Enlisted: 2013-01-07
2013-04-01 13:20
I player core just FYI....

The OHK box is amazing as is.. you just lack the ability to abuse it correctly...
as it stands a vast majority of my SV-98 kills happen either within 20m or are quick double taps
and I have to say I wouldn't want to see this game if they added a larger hit box.. players like myself would
go from being a presistant annoyance or problem to being down right hell to go up against
marooned-pirate
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-04-01 13:21
herobfhero said:
marooned-pirate said:
And while we're making snipers effective in CQC, how about we also add a 2 hit kill hit-box on people at long range for the PDWs.
It is stupid having guns that excel at one range and are weak at another range. They should be effective everywhere; screw specialization.
PDW have a huge advantage over Sniper faster reload and ROF and the damage? try sniping in close engagement and message me back how frustrating it is, when that player should of died.


Just as frustrating as when I try sniping with my PDW. Those things suck at range and desperately need a buff. I should be able to do well up close and at long range shouldn't I?
“Another name? Oh, certainly. And when the Faceless Men come to kill me, I'll say, 'No, you have the wrong man, I'm a different dwarf with a hideous facial scar.'"
Verendium
FI Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2013-04-01 13:22
For the last goddamn time, BOLT ACTIONS IN BF3 ARE BALANCED. NO NEED FOR .50 CAL, "GILLY" SUIT, OHK CHEST SHOTS, REMOVAL OF SCOPE GLINT.

You can play the objective and be effective Recon with a bolt action, I am a proof of that, so is Green Eyed Recon, Erza and few others. The Recon kit is fine, it just needs some practice to master, if you want everything to be easy and are afraid of challenge, switch to assault.


While OP didn't ask for this, but odds are someone is going to suggest this, that snipers should be OHK to chest at longer ranges too, think how good Recons will dominate? They already do, even without the OHK. Be careful what you wish for.
LaMorvens
RU Enlisted: 2012-05-29
2013-04-01 13:22
marooned-pirate said:
herobfhero said:
marooned-pirate said:
And while we're making snipers effective in CQC, how about we also add a 2 hit kill hit-box on people at long range for the PDWs.
It is stupid having guns that excel at one range and are weak at another range. They should be effective everywhere; screw specialization.
PDW have a huge advantage over Sniper faster reload and ROF and the damage? try sniping in close engagement and message me back how frustrating it is, when that player should of died.
Just as frustrating as when I try sniping with my PDW. Those things suck at range and desperately need a buff. I should be able to do well up close and at long range shouldn't I?


*Except the AS VAL which IS A sniper*
TEATA
AU Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2013-04-01 13:25
Play Hardcore, One shot kills with bolt actions
I've seen alot of snipers running holo's and acogs on bolt action snipers and playing aggressively
CDNRedneck
CA Enlisted: 2011-11-15
2013-04-01 13:27
i didnt know this was the bf3 section, owait, its naht, gtfo OP, lrn2post.
SUAAAAAAAAG
herobfhero
GB Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2013-04-01 13:29
Viper_Invisus said:
For the last goddamn time, BOLT ACTIONS IN BF3 ARE BALANCED. NO NEED FOR .50 CAL, "GILLY" SUIT, OHK CHEST SHOTS, REMOVAL OF SCOPE GLINT.

You can play the objective and be effective Recon with a bolt action, I am a proof of that, so is Green Eyed Recon, Erza and few others. The Recon kit is fine, it just needs some practice to master, if you want everything to be easy and are afraid of challenge, switch to assault.


While OP didn't ask for this, but odds are someone is going to suggest this, that snipers should be OHK to chest at longer ranges too, think how good Recons will dominate? They already do, even without the OHK. Be careful what you wish for.

My opinion i believe they are underpowered, i play the objective to the best of my ability i don't count rocks at the back of the map like you probably do, i haven't asked for guillie suits or whatever Bullshit you're saying. I don't want sniping to be easy, fully automatics against snipers is too easy, but you didn't include that either.
"How tall are you private? "Sir, five foot nine, sir!" "Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high!
Hortey
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-04-01 13:31
marooned-pirate said:
herobfhero said:
marooned-pirate said:
And while we're making snipers effective in CQC, how about we also add a 2 hit kill hit-box on people at long range for the PDWs.
It is stupid having guns that excel at one range and are weak at another range. They should be effective everywhere; screw specialization.
PDW have a huge advantage over Sniper faster reload and ROF and the damage? try sniping in close engagement and message me back how frustrating it is, when that player should of died.
Just as frustrating as when I try sniping with my PDW. Those things suck at range and desperately need a buff. I should be able to do well up close and at long range shouldn't I?


thank you

Also, just tested.

All snipers are 1hk to the area from where your heart is located up, no hitting the arms or gut. This is good up to 15 meters, the m98 does not have 50+m of ohk chest range because it seems to have a smaller chest multiplier than the rest of the sniper rifles. Dunno what the OP is smoking
marooned-pirate
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-04-01 13:31
What do you expect if you choose to use them incorrectly? They aren't supposed to be used at close range and consequently, you need to be good to make them work there.
“Another name? Oh, certainly. And when the Faceless Men come to kill me, I'll say, 'No, you have the wrong man, I'm a different dwarf with a hideous facial scar.'"
Verendium
FI Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2013-04-01 13:33
herobfhero said:
Viper_Invisus said:
For the last goddamn time, BOLT ACTIONS IN BF3 ARE BALANCED. NO NEED FOR .50 CAL, "GILLY" SUIT, OHK CHEST SHOTS, REMOVAL OF SCOPE GLINT.

You can play the objective and be effective Recon with a bolt action, I am a proof of that, so is Green Eyed Recon, Erza and few others. The Recon kit is fine, it just needs some practice to master, if you want everything to be easy and are afraid of challenge, switch to assault.


While OP didn't ask for this, but odds are someone is going to suggest this, that snipers should be OHK to chest at longer ranges too, think how good Recons will dominate? They already do, even without the OHK. Be careful what you wish for.
My opinion i believe they are underpowered, i play the objective to the best of my ability i don't count rocks at the back of the map like you probably do, i haven't asked for guillie suits or whatever Bullshit you're saying. I don't want sniping to be easy, fully automatics against snipers is too easy, but you didn't include that either.


My objective per minute 39.5
Your objective per minute 16.9

So I'm the one counting rocks at the back of the map? Right. Get good and quit crying.
herobfhero
GB Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2013-04-01 13:34
Hortey said:
marooned-pirate said:
herobfhero said:
marooned-pirate said:
And while we're making snipers effective in CQC, how about we also add a 2 hit kill hit-box on people at long range for the PDWs.
It is stupid having guns that excel at one range and are weak at another range. They should be effective everywhere; screw specialization.
PDW have a huge advantage over Sniper faster reload and ROF and the damage? try sniping in close engagement and message me back how frustrating it is, when that player should of died.
Just as frustrating as when I try sniping with my PDW. Those things suck at range and desperately need a buff. I should be able to do well up close and at long range shouldn't I?
thank you

Also, just tested.

All snipers are 1hk to the area from where your heart is located up, no hitting the arms or gut. This is good up to 15 meters, the m98 does not have 50+m of ohk chest range because it seems to have a smaller chest multiplier than the rest of the sniper rifles. Dunno what the OP is smoking

You choose not join a game with me that your option, I Don't welcome you posting Bullshit.
"How tall are you private? "Sir, five foot nine, sir!" "Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high!
J0E_RAMB0
GB Enlisted: 2012-02-01
2013-04-01 13:42
Bolt actions are fine the way they are.
Check out my Youtube channel for BF3 videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/J0ERAMB0
herobfhero
GB Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2013-04-01 13:45
Viper_Invisus said:
herobfhero said:
Viper_Invisus said:
For the last goddamn time, BOLT ACTIONS IN BF3 ARE BALANCED. NO NEED FOR .50 CAL, "GILLY" SUIT, OHK CHEST SHOTS, REMOVAL OF SCOPE GLINT.

You can play the objective and be effective Recon with a bolt action, I am a proof of that, so is Green Eyed Recon, Erza and few others. The Recon kit is fine, it just needs some practice to master, if you want everything to be easy and are afraid of challenge, switch to assault.


While OP didn't ask for this, but odds are someone is going to suggest this, that snipers should be OHK to chest at longer ranges too, think how good Recons will dominate? They already do, even without the OHK. Be careful what you wish for.
My opinion i believe they are underpowered, i play the objective to the best of my ability i don't count rocks at the back of the map like you probably do, i haven't asked for guillie suits or whatever Bullshit you're saying. I don't want sniping to be easy, fully automatics against snipers is too easy, but you didn't include that either.
My objective per minute 39.5
Your objective per minute 16.9

So I'm the one counting rocks at the back of the map? Right. Get good and quit crying.

Well I'm level 54 your 100 so obviously your gunna have an higher objective ratio, Mr cry baby.
"How tall are you private? "Sir, five foot nine, sir!" "Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high!
TheGreenRecon
CA Enlisted: 2013-01-07
2013-04-01 13:47
OP is part of the 98%
J0E_RAMB0
GB Enlisted: 2012-02-01
2013-04-01 13:47
herobfhero said:
Viper_Invisus said:
herobfhero said:
Viper_Invisus said:
For the last goddamn time, BOLT ACTIONS IN BF3 ARE BALANCED. NO NEED FOR .50 CAL, "GILLY" SUIT, OHK CHEST SHOTS, REMOVAL OF SCOPE GLINT.

You can play the objective and be effective Recon with a bolt action, I am a proof of that, so is Green Eyed Recon, Erza and few others. The Recon kit is fine, it just needs some practice to master, if you want everything to be easy and are afraid of challenge, switch to assault.


While OP didn't ask for this, but odds are someone is going to suggest this, that snipers should be OHK to chest at longer ranges too, think how good Recons will dominate? They already do, even without the OHK. Be careful what you wish for.
My opinion i believe they are underpowered, i play the objective to the best of my ability i don't count rocks at the back of the map like you probably do, i haven't asked for guillie suits or whatever Bullshit you're saying. I don't want sniping to be easy, fully automatics against snipers is too easy, but you didn't include that either.
My objective per minute 39.5
Your objective per minute 16.9

So I'm the one counting rocks at the back of the map? Right. Get good and quit crying.
Well I'm level 54 your 100 so obviously your gunna have an higher objective ratio, Mr cry baby.


Play time has nothing to do with objective score per minute.
Check out my Youtube channel for BF3 videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/J0ERAMB0
herobfhero
GB Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2013-04-01 13:48
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
Viper_Invisus said:
herobfhero said:
Viper_Invisus said:
For the last goddamn time, BOLT ACTIONS IN BF3 ARE BALANCED. NO NEED FOR .50 CAL, "GILLY" SUIT, OHK CHEST SHOTS, REMOVAL OF SCOPE GLINT.

You can play the objective and be effective Recon with a bolt action, I am a proof of that, so is Green Eyed Recon, Erza and few others. The Recon kit is fine, it just needs some practice to master, if you want everything to be easy and are afraid of challenge, switch to assault.


While OP didn't ask for this, but odds are someone is going to suggest this, that snipers should be OHK to chest at longer ranges too, think how good Recons will dominate? They already do, even without the OHK. Be careful what you wish for.
My opinion i believe they are underpowered, i play the objective to the best of my ability i don't count rocks at the back of the map like you probably do, i haven't asked for guillie suits or whatever Bullshit you're saying. I don't want sniping to be easy, fully automatics against snipers is too easy, but you didn't include that either.
My objective per minute 39.5
Your objective per minute 16.9

So I'm the one counting rocks at the back of the map? Right. Get good and quit crying.
Well I'm level 54 your 100 so obviously your gunna have an higher objective ratio, Mr cry baby.
Play time has nothing to do with objective score per minute.

i know it doesn't he has obviously played more games that what i have.
"How tall are you private? "Sir, five foot nine, sir!" "Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high!
TheGreenRecon
CA Enlisted: 2013-01-07
2013-04-01 13:53
Green_Eyed_Recon said:
OP is part of the 98%
herobfhero
GB Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2013-04-01 13:57
Green_Eyed_Recon said:
Green_Eyed_Recon said:
OP is part of the 98%

Quoting your own comment :/ somebody popular :)
"How tall are you private? "Sir, five foot nine, sir!" "Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high!
 
Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.