Thread is locked.

Damage buff the bolt-action sniper rifles in BF4!

kburley
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-01
2013-04-02 13:21
herobfhero said:
kburley said:
Oh god this ones a stubborn one, someone call in the big guns!
I find it difficult to how this post is even relevant to you? you don't even snipe nor play it competitively, so do me a favor child come back when you have at least archived 10* in recon ok? thank you bye.

I find it difficult to believe that u r one a troll or 2. Are incredibly stupid, after all everyone here has proved you wrong!

So tralalalallololol
Support these threads!!!: Weapon specific scopes! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348555358223/2/ RK-95tp!! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490298870604/
Stag_ThrustPunch
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-25
herobfhero said:
I've made threads about this topic before but i think its necessary that i get my opinion out there and try to give snipers/Non-snipers my problems with sniping in Bf3 and why i believe its recommend they are changed for battlefield 4, First off all I'm colonel level 54, 11 star with the sniper class and nearly over 5000 kills with the sniper rifles (bolt-action) . I do have a few problems with the reconnaissance class but i will leave that for another topic.

For now I'm discussing about the BOLT ACTION SNIPER RIFLES DAMAGE, now players automatically assume I'm trying to make sniping exactly the same has Call of duty were you can 1 hit kill from any distance and quick-scope i will be honest I've never enjoyed call of duty so i wouldn't want the call of duty mechanics in battlefield 3 or 4, Its a simple buff which i believe would make a reconnaissance players play the bolt-action sniper rifle effectively and not sit at the back off the map counting rocks. what I'm after is a buff to the Damage from 1-10m in close engagements on all sniper rifles (except semi-automatic sniper rifles) i will give you a brief example on what i mean the M40a5 as a damage count of 59-80, damage multiplier 2.0 head (head shot) and 1.25 chest, as you can see the chest damage isn't good enough in a close engagement you would have to fire at least another 2 rounds before he is dead and that is impossible you would be dead before you can chamber the next round or you lucky get an head shot.

My solution is keep the damage (EXAMPLE) of the m40a5 to 59-80, damage multiplier 2.0 head (head shot) and chest 1.25- (2.0 from 1-10m) and all the other sniper rifles should also adopt these chest stats. That way players like me don't get sprayed down from a automatic weapon UN fairly while playing the objective, Their as been a few situations where I've hit the player around chest area damaging him to 89 from 1-10ms and rarely ever had enough time to chamber that next round to kill him lets be honest here its not always possible to archive an head shot while being suppressed half off the time its luck.

I want at least a fair discussion about this topic and no trolling -.-.

-HeroBFhero.

Damage drops at 15m for all sniper rifles except the SV98... So do the math: 1.25 x 80 = 100 = 1 shot 1 kill to the chest when the target is between 1-15m.
No need to buff their damage, plus its likely that the target is already hit if you are in a populated area. This will result in a 1 shot kill most of the times. And if you want to be sure aim for the head ;)
I was trained by my mother. I ride around on a bear. My weapon of choice is an AK-47. I feel most comfortable in a ghillie suit. I'm out for revenge. I love steak. I eat five dozen eggs for breakfast. My best friend is my gun. I hunt bears on the weekends.
ragnarok013
US Enlisted: 2011-10-29
Hmm if only we had an entire section dedicated to BF4 OP, wait we do: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/view/2832654625482381781/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Second we don't have a sniper class in BF3, we have a recon class who also has the ability to use Marksman and bolt action rifles. And almost all of the weapons in BF3 are underpowered so people can actually play for a little while instead of just spawning and dying. If you want more power to the weapons I suggest that you play hardcore, bolt actions there are OHKs. There's no reason to make recon the most OP class or BF4 will turn into BC2 where it's infested with camping bushwookies doing nothing but sitting on mountains.
Need Help? Go to the EA Answer HQ http://answers.ea.com Battlefield Player on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3 || EA AHQ Hero ||Friday Night Battlefield Admin on PC
xFiora
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-04-02 13:22
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
J0E_RAMB0 said:
Bolt actions, OHK to the heart at less than 15m. OHK to the head at any distance. No buff required.
Try it then dumb ass, Stop posting bull-shit and try it yourself instead of listen to what others say!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRHmep37Ipk [youtube.com]

Watch and learn, there a few in that video for you to look at. Or the 1300 kills i have with every bolt action says so aswell.

Billy Idol rules.
I'm a wolf amongst sheep.
TheGreenRecon
CA Enlisted: 2013-01-07
2013-04-02 13:24
llTheGoose said:
I'd rate myself as below average with Bolt actions overall, but i've pulled out an M40 in CQB for a challenge and held my own. OP is just bad.

@Recon, Do you quick switch to your pistol much?

no I run it primary : 3 my BA is for suppressive fire and popping off rounds to injure and kill enemies in engagements outside my pistols range.. and for counter sniping when need be : 3
marooned-pirate
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-04-02 13:32
herobfhero said:
J0E_RAMB0 said:
Bolt actions, OHK to the heart at less than 15m. OHK to the head at any distance. No buff required.
Try it then dumb ass, Stop posting bull-shit and try it yourself instead of listen to what others say!

You are the dumb ass.
You even admitted that they get a 1.25 multiplier to the chest. Brace yourself OP, we are about to do some primary school maths:

The bolt action snipers (except M98B) do 80 damage up to 15m:
80 x 1.25 = 100

In core you get 100 health. 100 - 100 = 0.

Up to 15m, a shot to the chest will do 100 damage which will be a OHK.
“Another name? Oh, certainly. And when the Faceless Men come to kill me, I'll say, 'No, you have the wrong man, I'm a different dwarf with a hideous facial scar.'"
J0E_RAMB0
GB Enlisted: 2012-02-01
2013-04-02 13:32 , edited 2013-04-02 13:34 by J0E_RAMB0
Well OP? Did you watch and learn?

@marooned-pirate i posted a video for him to prove its possible, there is about 5 OHK heart shots in that video.
Check out my Youtube channel for BF3 videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/J0ERAMB0
herobfhero
GB Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2013-04-02 13:33
kburley said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:
I find it difficult to how this post is even relevant to you? you don't even snipe nor play it competitively, so do me a favor child come back when you have at least archived 10* in recon ok? thank you bye.
I find it difficult to believe that u r one a troll or 2. Are incredibly stupid, after all everyone here has proved you wrong!

So tralalalallololol

How have they proved me wrong? I given 5 given people an opportunity to come in game with me and test it but everyone off them refused?Anybody feels so adamants that I'm wrong add my XBOX 360 and come in game with me.
"How tall are you private? "Sir, five foot nine, sir!" "Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high!
J0E_RAMB0
2013-04-02 13:34
herobfhero said:
kburley said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:

So tralalalallololol
How have they proved me wrong? I given 5 given people an opportunity to come in game with me and test it but everyone off them refused?Anybody feels so adamants that I'm wrong add my XBOX 360 and come in game with me.

You didnt watch the video did you?
Check out my Youtube channel for BF3 videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/J0ERAMB0
marooned-pirate
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-04-02 13:35
herobfhero said:

Lol, because it would be a pointless waste of time.
I would like you to come into a server with me and prove that you don't begin to float if you run in circles for 1 hour.

I will need you to join an empty server and proceed to run in circles non stop for one hour. It may not work every time so you'll need to repeat it ten times to be safe. You game?
“Another name? Oh, certainly. And when the Faceless Men come to kill me, I'll say, 'No, you have the wrong man, I'm a different dwarf with a hideous facial scar.'"
herobfhero
2013-04-02 13:37
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:

So tralalalallololol

You proved in the first clip when you hip-fired when you hit him in the chest you needed to fire 2 bullets, 0:39, you was around 5m?
"How tall are you private? "Sir, five foot nine, sir!" "Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high!
TheGreenRecon
CA Enlisted: 2013-01-07
2013-04-02 13:41
we don't NEED to prove you wrong.. we know your wrong.. there are much more practiced recons in here than yourself.. who have nothing
to prove to a new kid on the block..
J0E_RAMB0
2013-04-02 13:43 , edited 2013-04-02 13:52 by J0E_RAMB0
herobfhero said:
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:

So tralalalallololol
You proved in the first clip when you hip-fired when you hit him in the chest you needed to fire 2 bullets, 0:39, you was around 5m?

Wasnt a heart shot, so he needed 2 bullets, if you look closely i hit him in the hip with my first shot.
0.35 OHK to chest (enemy had full health)
0.43 OHK to chest (enemy had full health)
0.53 OHK to chest (enemy had full health)
4.41 OHK to chest (enemy had full health)
herobfhero
2013-04-02 13:48
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:

So tralalalallololol
Wasnt a heart shot, so he needed 2 bullets.

Wait so its 1hk to the heart not the CHEST? Pretty sure for the last 24 hours i be talking about CHEST shots, not heart. lol.
J0E_RAMB0
2013-04-02 13:50 , edited 2013-04-02 14:00 by J0E_RAMB0
herobfhero said:
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:

So tralalalallololol
Wait so its 1hk to the heart not the CHEST? Pretty sure for the last 24 hours i be talking about CHEST shots, not heart. lol.

Heart/chest area = Same thing. Incase its hard to work out, your heart is behind your chest plate.
My friend made this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYlgZxuBl0 [youtube.com]
Watch from 0.51, he does 4 in a row, i didnt count 1 because it was a headshot.
kburley
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-01
2013-04-02 14:25
I feel a owned coming on...
Support these threads!!!: Weapon specific scopes! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348555358223/2/ RK-95tp!! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490298870604/
herobfhero
2013-04-02 14:27
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
J0E_RAMB0 said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:
herobfhero said:
kburley said:

So tralalalallololol
Heart/chest area = Same thing. Incase its hard to work out, your heart is behind your chest plate.
My friend made this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYlgZxuBl0 [youtube.com]
Watch from 0.51, he does 4 in a row, i didnt count 1 because it was a headshot.

I know, your heart is behind your chest on the left side, but the chest shot doesn't actually work in the middle or right. Try it that what I've been trying to say.. You may as well call it heart shot instead off chest.
J0E_RAMB0
2013-04-02 14:37
Im 100% sure DICE hasn`t went into that sort of detail were you have to shoot the chest on the side the heart is on. i would say the hit box is dead centre of the chest. If you look at the recon rifles stats there is an arrow pointing dead centre off the chest. DICE call it torso http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Corrupt%20Joe/iteminfo/sv98/409493135/xbox/ [battlelog.battlefield.com] look at the Bullet Damage per Bullet section.
xXTrooperXx89
FR Enlisted: 2011-11-29
2013-04-02 14:55
I once got a hit-marker on Hardcore with the M98B at 40 m and only did 20 damage. And yes I hit him in the upper chest.
Let's end the console war....
w6ctoj5fn7
US Enlisted: 2012-07-15
2013-08-27 07:26
Here is some gameplay.
It gives you an Idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9PC2BDypg&feature=youtu.be [youtube.com]

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.