Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

Punkbuster Download Error When/Not Able to Play?

wesdafierce
Enlisted: 2013-05-08
2013-05-09 07:30
So my first question is regarding Punkbuster.

After purchasing and installing the game, at the end of the installation I received an "error 32" which did no
t allow me to install Punkbuster but the game seemed to finish installing with out it. How do I install Punkbuster or re install with out the error?

Next has to do with launching the game:

Running Origin as administrator I receive no errors but whenever I scroll over the BF3 cover and click "play",
the "Launching" screen appears with "syncing cloud data" (with the loading bar) below. The bar fills up and
the Launch pop-up disappears. After that nothing happens. How do I fix this? Is this due to Punkbuster not
being able to install? Or is this occurring, because of the emergency work being done/bad timing?
(though it always seems like bad timing online)

Please help! I've just started getting into PC gaming about a week ago and Battlefield 3 was the first thing I purchased.
I did not expect the issues to be so frustrating even after seeing reviews online.

Thank you!

Running Windows 7 64bit
on an AMD Phemnom Processsor
J4zzzy-blue
Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2013-05-09 08:15 , edited 2013-05-09 08:16 by J4zzzy-blue
You could try to download pbsvc.exe and pbsetup.exe from evenbalance website (punkbuster) to manually install and update the punkbuster.
But because of the DDOS attack on DICE, I doubt that after you installed the punkbuster, you could join any server.

oh, you also could try to repair battlefield (open Origin > right click on battlefield 3 > repair install). it could've been one of the files got corrupted.

Good luck!
wesdafierce
Enlisted: 2013-05-08
2013-05-10 22:13
Thank you!
Repairing for a third time and restarting the computer somehow solved the problem!
CP-MURDOCK
BR Enlisted: 2012-01-22
2013-05-10 22:43
o meu nao deu.