Punkbuster Download Error When/Not Able to Play?

wesdafierce
Enlisted: 2013-05-08
2013-05-09 07:30
So my first question is regarding Punkbuster.

After purchasing and installing the game, at the end of the installation I received an "error 32" which did no
t allow me to install Punkbuster but the game seemed to finish installing with out it. How do I install Punkbuster or re install with out the error?

Next has to do with launching the game:

Running Origin as administrator I receive no errors but whenever I scroll over the BF3 cover and click "play",
the "Launching" screen appears with "syncing cloud data" (with the loading bar) below. The bar fills up and
the Launch pop-up disappears. After that nothing happens. How do I fix this? Is this due to Punkbuster not
being able to install? Or is this occurring, because of the emergency work being done/bad timing?
(though it always seems like bad timing online)

Please help! I've just started getting into PC gaming about a week ago and Battlefield 3 was the first thing I purchased.
I did not expect the issues to be so frustrating even after seeing reviews online.

Thank you!

Running Windows 7 64bit
on an AMD Phemnom Processsor
J4zzzy-blue
Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2013-05-09 08:15 , edited 2013-05-09 08:16 by J4zzzy-blue
You could try to download pbsvc.exe and pbsetup.exe from evenbalance website (punkbuster) to manually install and update the punkbuster.
But because of the DDOS attack on DICE, I doubt that after you installed the punkbuster, you could join any server.

oh, you also could try to repair battlefield (open Origin > right click on battlefield 3 > repair install). it could've been one of the files got corrupted.

Good luck!
wesdafierce
Enlisted: 2013-05-08
2013-05-10 22:13
Thank you!
Repairing for a third time and restarting the computer somehow solved the problem!
CP-MURDOCK
BR Enlisted: 2012-01-22
2013-05-10 22:43
o meu nao deu.