Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

BF4 DirectX and Windows version Compatibility

Lab406
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2013-07-08 13:11
Hi guys,

I realise the official PC system requirements aren't available yet. However, here are a couple of important questions you might already have the answers to. Will BF4 be available for Windows 7? Will it be DirectX 11 only, or will it support DirectX 10?

I noticed at least one of the games at the MS E3 press conference was XBone and Windows 8 only, and I can see MS might want publishers and developers to go that way. I'd like to pre-order BF4 but can't until I know the answers to the above questions. I imagine I'm not the only one, although I can't find anyone else asking these specific questions on the forum. I know the alpha was compatible with both (win7 and DX10), but I also know EA are working closely with MS, so I'd just like to know what the plan is, regardless of the final requirements in terms of hardware.

Many thanks for any and all reasonable replies.