BF4 Lan Support

Conan_of_Azrael
ZA Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-08-24 21:41 , edited 2013-08-24 21:43 by Conan_of_Azrael
EA Please listen to what most of us Battlefield players want LAN Support if you are so worried about pirating then make the LAN patch available to us once we have activated our game online but please bring LAN Support Back the game is not fair anymore. looks like you are just trying to milk us any way possible you even selling unlocks i mean that is low. you are using the pirating as a cover its all about money to you that's it. LAN SUPPORT IS NEEDED the online play will never be able to replace LAN NEVER everyone has different pings and only the people that can afford the best adsl line will benefit from it perfect example look at all your level 100 almost all of them have very low pings. so they benefit from it while the rest don't where as on a LAN everyone is on equal footing even playing field. how would you feel if we took your favorite football team and tied one arm behind there backs and made them play a match with the other team having both arms available would you call that fair thats exactly what you have done to us one half of bf player befit while the other half get slaughter and on top of that we have hackers too so once again please stop thinking of yourself s and give us what we want if you got votes on LAN Support you would see many people want it back
CrushRx
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2013-08-24 21:55
that's a huge sentence man
Fearpoint1
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-08-24 21:59
LAN is an obsolete feature today.

It only rewards pirates as well.

Not gonna happen.
Shadowplay, G-Sync, PhysX Flex. Your move, AMD...
kibloy
Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2013-08-24 22:02
who even needs that?

join an empty server
B147CH
2013-08-25 07:09
He has a point. Ping has some impact on performance. It gives you the edge in one-on-one encounters where split second reactions matter.
ericneo2
AU Enlisted: 2012-01-05
2013-08-25 07:23
ConanRC said:

EA and Dice will not give you back LAN support when they can charge you to rent servers.
Fearpoint1 said:
LAN is an obsolete feature today..

Facepalm, It's not obsolete publishers want to shovel games with a short lifespan while LAN and mods extend the game's lifespan.

And completely unrelated just so we are clear on a different topic because someone always tries to bring it up on how we don't use LAN anymore. We use LAN still to run the entire internet still, no LAN no internet.
Conan_of_Azrael
2013-08-25 08:32
Well you guys in the USA don't know what shit internet is like your internet connections are good I bet you if you came to South Africa to play you would cause an uproar because there was no LAN Come play on our side and i want to see what you say then
MAGNUSDUCTOR
ZA Enlisted: 2012-01-05
2013-08-25 09:32 , edited 2013-08-25 14:34 by MAGNUSDUCTOR
All I am saying is watch the video of gamescon BF4 stream Day 4. The part where they interview Daniel Matros. They ask him about this same lan issue.
Haters are always too scared to post on my threads. Only those who like me respond.
isac_Kotonoha
GL Enlisted: 2013-02-13
2013-08-25 11:57
game makers are tired of piracy
4930K, Alpine 20 PLUS CO, Crucial MX100 256GB, Asrock x79 Extreme9
Conan_of_Azrael
2013-08-25 13:30
you guys go on like i want them to take away online play all i want is LAN Support that's it plus only people with pings like yours FUZZCOOKIE would make such a stupid argument. the game is not fair online.To everyone those goes on about piracy its very easy for them to give us LAN without the game been pirated piracy has got nothing to do with why they have taken LAN Support away its because they want to control you and decide when you must stop playing the game BF4 comes out end of Oct and in Nov you can get Premium for BF4 if that's not just Damn Greedy and it will cost us another R500 for it too so again piracy is the excuse they use to hide behind the real truth so open your eyes if piracy was so bad EA would not be the largest Game Developer at the moment they would not exists and if we got a proper vote for who would like LAN Support the numbers would outweigh you guys that are happy to sit on your own at home playing online problem is the gamers are weak they just give in without a fight.

FUZZCOOKIE do yourself a favor look up the lans that are happening every month is SA but they only play old games because the new ones don't have LAN support
just think if BF4 Had LAN it would rule the LAN scene
StarscreamUK
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-08-25 14:09
you not think it might have been better to post in the bf4 forum?
Halloweeeen! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUzjJyy7ExY - I am a Battlelog moderator and do not officially represent EA/DICE. If this post is blue, then it's an action taken in line with EA community rules. I2600k@4.1Ghz, 16gb, 120gb OCZ Agility 2 SSD, 12Tb Sata Mechanicals, xfx 7950 3gb, Win8.1 Pro. Steam:STARSCREAMUK Raptr:STARSCREAMUK PSN: STARSCREAM_UK XBL: Starscream UK
MAGNUSDUCTOR
ZA Enlisted: 2012-01-05
2013-08-25 14:29
ConanRC said:
you guys go on like i want them to take away online play all i want is LAN Support that's it plus only people with pings like yours FUZZCOOKIE would make such a stupid argument. the game is not fair online.To everyone those goes on about piracy its very easy for them to give us LAN without the game been pirated piracy has got nothing to do with why they have taken LAN Support away its because they want to control you and decide when you must stop playing the game BF4 comes out end of Oct and in Nov you can get Premium for BF4 if that's not just Damn Greedy and it will cost us another R500 for it too so again piracy is the excuse they use to hide behind the real truth so open your eyes if piracy was so bad EA would not be the largest Game Developer at the moment they would not exists and if we got a proper vote for who would like LAN Support the numbers would outweigh you guys that are happy to sit on your own at home playing online problem is the gamers are weak they just give in without a fight.

FUZZCOOKIE do yourself a favor look up the lans that are happening every month is SA but they only play old games because the new ones don't have LAN support
just think if BF4 Had LAN it would rule the LAN scene

I directed (channeled) the argument of Daniel Matros (watch livestream day 4) to you. You are basically protesting Daniel Matros point of view and not mine. I never argumented against you. Also I just gave my opinion on what I think is wrong with BF3 in South Africa. I assume you did not watch the stream I told you about.

So you are saying my 17-30 ping on a sa server is bad? Sometimes it spikes high because of bad infrastructure in SA for a few seconds and returns to normal, but that is not valid enough to even sell a LAN(offline lan) version, the game. Even if you think of it practically, there are too many variables that are already in cloud server for this game. People have to understand that some developers take different approaches in network systems than old games.
Haters are always too scared to post on my threads. Only those who like me respond.
WORKSOP
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-08-25 14:37
Fearpoint1 said:

Not gonna happen.

Only rewards Pirates how? we still have hackers in BF3.
mweagIe
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-08-25 14:54
Fearpoint1 said:

Not gonna happen.

Never forget Distract Prague.
Half the Lan was useless, since BLog was down. With Lan-support the lan could actually be fully played on the lan itself, instead of the finals being held online again.
#highrollingmweagle #calledit
Conan_of_Azrael
2013-08-25 20:57
Anyone who is a Gamer and has Been to a LAN Event will agree you cant beat a LAN. Playing online is not the same at all its unfair you don't have Hackers/Cheaters because if you get caught cheating at a LAN your out unlike online you have all these protections running to stop hackers and they still get through so much for that. Laning its a social event too Most Computer Guys don't hang out at night clubs they go to lans on weekends that's like a get together with friends to chat and have a fun time EA has just killed that by taking LAN out why i say that is all the Game developers seem to be following suit Games must be online 24/7 to play the game why not close all night cubs down for those people that like to go to night clubs on weekends tell them to host it at there houses you can do it but its not the same you get my point (and this bull that they doing it for piracy reasons BULL BULL BULL why do we pay for the servers than they should be free to host if they want to change there system not make us pay ) another thing i see here is ive had a few guys agree with me and they not even from SA they from first World Country's and they Agree so if that does not tell you how much lanning is a MUST i don't know what will just to Give you a run down on how bad the lines are in my area where i am at the moment i can only sync to 512k and to make things worse im the last connection on that line so that means im the last person to receive internet so there is a whole Que of people before me and remember upload speed is 256kb i can bet some of the people that read this will break down into tears lol so to all you guys with your low pings please think before you talk i can bet you if you had a shitty internet connection you would be wanting LAN Support too oh by the way to the rest of the First World Country's out there we even have Caps it a bandwidth cut off you reach your limit unlike you guys you don't know what a cap is : )
and even our uncapped account are capped most people in SA don't even know that get told we uncapped but we not lol
muchgameveryplay
DE Enlisted: 2013-06-11
2013-08-25 21:20
Luna-mweagle said:
Fearpoint1 said:

Not gonna happen.
Never forget Distract Prague.
Half the Lan was useless, since BLog was down. With Lan-support the lan could actually be fully played on the lan itself, instead of the finals being held online again.

But.. but ..but.... it never has been this easy to play with your friends !
II_Petarded_II
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-08-25 21:42
Fearpoint1 said:

Not gonna happen.

Obsolete because the ones we want to lan we cant! And rewards pirates? explain? There no reason the online security cant work with lan...
SkipSh00ter
2013-08-25 21:47
Fearpoint1 said:

Not gonna happen.

It's obsolete because alot of games dont support but there are lots of clans/communities that still have LAN parties.
sobralense
Enlisted: 2013-02-15
2013-08-25 23:10
Let me understand... Do you wanna a free feature like "Lan" on a new game from EA? So sorry, bro.
Fearpoint1
2013-08-25 23:26 , edited 2013-08-25 23:27 by Fearpoint1
WORKSOP said:
Fearpoint1 said:

Not gonna happen.
Only rewards Pirates how? we still have hackers in BF3.

Yeah, but they have to purchase or obtain legitimate copies of the game.

They can't pirate the game multiplayer. If there were LAN support they could and essentially enjoy all of the services legitimate players do.

It's why the larger game publishers don't even consider it any longer. It's a unnecessary security hole and the concept of why LAN existed is pretty obsolete for the vast majority of gamers now.

It's obsolete because alot of games dont support but there are lots of clans/communities that still have LAN parties.

Let's be honest here. It's so marginal it's not worth the negatives.
Shadowplay, G-Sync, PhysX Flex. Your move, AMD...