Thread is locked.

Possible FIX: Kicked by Administrator!

theDerf
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 05:28 , edited 2011-10-27 05:36 by theDerf
Ok, after many hours of looking into this and testing many different options. I have finally gotten my battlefield to stop kicking me from servers. I am aware this is a Punkbuster issue and this thread is meant to fix punkbusters faults. For this fix you will need:


1. A friend with a working Battlefield 3. This means someone who has not gotten any problems at all with getting kicked from servers due to Punkbuster.

2. You can also download http://www.mediafire.com/?j55tat54bhzdkj7 [mediafire.com] That is the working Punkbuster folder I got from a friend.

You want to find your APPData folder for Punkbuster... This is commonly found at

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local

DELETE the Punkbuster folder entirely.

What you want to do next is delete the "pb" folder out of your Battlefield 3 folder in "C:\XXXXXXX\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\

Once you get that done, you want to go back into your Battlefield 3 folder and find "pbsvcs.exe". Normally located at

\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\punkbuster\redist

Run this AS ADMINISTRATOR... I cant make that any more clear.

Go through the process of UNINSTALLING punkbuster... then repeat the program, this time INSTALLING it.

Remember the new "pb" folder you downloaded or got from a friend?
Replace the folder you deleted with the new one that you just downloaded into your \Origin Games\Battlefield 3\ folder.

For the last step, you want to go back to the Punkbuster folder located in your AppData folder this time, going in the folder and into the BF3 folder (C:\Users\ XXXxxxx \AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BF3 )

You will see a PB folder in there. simply copy the new PB folder you downloaded into here. It will ask you if you want to overwrite these files... you want to click YES to everything. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OVERWRITTEN.

Finally, run BF3 and give a shot at going into a Punkbuster enabled server. If it works, fantastic, My job is done.


I cannot guarantee this will work with 100% of you out there, and for that, not much I can say, except sorry for wasting your time. I have tried this step many times, deleting everything and risking it again only to have it work for me every single time.

Best of Luck to everyone with this issue, Hopefully we can get an official fix real soon.

EDIT: Although there shouldnt be much difference, I HIGHLY recommend you download the file I provided as this is the one that has worked for me.
Zoruon
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 05:56
OP is correct, solved my issues for today
xXSargeXx
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-10-27 06:00
Worked for me! Thanks!
Galeigh
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-10-27 06:02
Did not solve my issue.
Sivness
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-10-27 06:03
Wow, thank you. Works for me, I have to do it every time I want to join a new server, but hell....I get to play.
Setzboyz
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 06:04
Worked for me! (probably just jinxed it)
theDerf
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 06:09
Sivness said:
Wow, thank you. Works for me, I have to do it every time I want to join a new server, but hell....I get to play.


Everytime you want to join a new server you have to go through this nonsense?!
_SAKEPL88_TWITCH
PL Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-10-27 06:11
thank you !!!!!!! UR MY SAVIOUR !!!!! I WAS FIGHTING WITH IT LIKE 5 HOURS !!! WORKS !!!
302-worx
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-10-27 06:11 , edited 2011-10-27 06:15 by 302-worx
i got confused by this step and on

"Remember the new "pb" folder you downloaded or got from a friend?
Replace the folder you deleted with the new one that you just downloaded into your \Origin Games\Battlefield 3\ folder."

when i delete Punkbuster folder from AppData\Local its gone, and u say that it should apear after i install it from bf3 directory.
But there is nothing there..
harelquinxepa
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-10-27 06:15
Awesome, fixed my problem with getting kicked.
Blindy1992
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 06:16
w0rx said:
i got confused by this step and on

"Remember the new "pb" folder you downloaded or got from a friend?
Replace the folder you deleted with the new one that you just downloaded into your \Origin Games\Battlefield 3\ folder."

when i delete Punkbuster folder from AppData\Local its gone, and u say that it should apear after i install it from bf3 directory.
But there is nothing there..

I am having the same issue. Once you delete the folder, and reinstall PunkBuster, it's doesn't re-appear. Any ideas?
302-worx
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-10-27 06:17
"For the last step, you want to go back to the Punkbuster folder located in your AppData folder this time, going in the folder and into the BF3 folder (C:\Users\ XXXxxxx \AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BF3 )"

its not there :(
RyuuNorite
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 06:17
This works great. Now just to fix the rest of the problems.
theDerf
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 06:18
Blindy1992 said:
w0rx said:
i got confused by this step and on

"Remember the new "pb" folder you downloaded or got from a friend?
Replace the folder you deleted with the new one that you just downloaded into your \Origin Games\Battlefield 3\ folder."

when i delete Punkbuster folder from AppData\Local its gone, and u say that it should apear after i install it from bf3 directory.
But there is nothing there..
I am having the same issue. Once you delete the folder, and reinstall PunkBuster, it's doesn't re-appear. Any ideas?


Are you running it as administrator?

The only way to get these folders back is by running PBSVCS.exe. Make sure you are checking the right folder as well. (dont mean to patronize, but these things happen)
Blindy1992
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 06:20
theDerf said:
Blindy1992 said:
w0rx said:
i got confused by this step and on

"Remember the new "pb" folder you downloaded or got from a friend?
Replace the folder you deleted with the new one that you just downloaded into your \Origin Games\Battlefield 3\ folder."

when i delete Punkbuster folder from AppData\Local its gone, and u say that it should apear after i install it from bf3 directory.
But there is nothing there..
I am having the same issue. Once you delete the folder, and reinstall PunkBuster, it's doesn't re-appear. Any ideas?
Are you running it as administrator?

The only way to get these folders back is by running PBSVCS.exe. Make sure you are checking the right folder as well. (dont mean to patronize, but these things happen)

Sorry for being a noob, but where can I locate the PBSVCS.exe file?
theDerf
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 06:23
\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\punkbuster\redist

In that folder. as far as where Origin Games is located... Thats up to you. Where you installed BF3
Blindy1992
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 06:36
theDerf said:
\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\punkbuster\redist

In that folder. as far as where Origin Games is located... Thats up to you. Where you installed BF3

I deleted the PunkBuster folder in appdata/local/punkbuster and deleted it in /origin games/battlefield 3/pb and after uninstalling and reinstalling PunkBuster, it won't re-create either of the folders. I've tried this 3 times, and I have ran it as an administrator each time. I've even restarted my computer and they still won't reappear. Are you able to add me on Origin? My addy is Blindy1992

Thanks!
eNo57
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 06:37
I have followed all the step and repeated a few times, the pb folder is not coming back. Any ideas? I dont know if there is a difference but the only file I have is PBSVC.exe.. same thing you are typing but without the S..
taod3mon
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-10-27 06:47
Going to try this tomorrow.
nubitol
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-27 06:49
work for me, i just delete both pb folder, and copy folder pb from mediafire, and no kick anymore
 
Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.