joystick

0-Android-0
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-11 04:22
i can setup all exept the pitch up & pitch down in othere vichels its working but not in the jet help?
it puts rot z+ but not axis
BoTy_quattro
MX Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-11-11 13:49
Yo Killa,
I have lot of problems to set it, i must reinstall the game and after my settings work...
bye mate
Super ? lol !
Power is Nothing without Control..!
0-Android-0
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-11 15:29
BoTyquattro said:
Yo Killa,
I have lot of problems to set it, i must reinstall the game and after my settings work...
bye mate
Super ? lol !
i dont think reinstal will help couse its working but only up & down not, ty anywey)
Wicked_Larocca
Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2011-11-11 18:06
Same problems here can not set my logitech extreme pro 3d hy thinks i use a game pad for some settings ......HOW is this possible for a game like this
Damed Dice fix this Fast
GreenEggsAndDeth
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-11 20:27
Same problem, 0roma0, same problem. Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I can bind everything except the Y Axis (pitch up and down) for the Jet. Not that it matters, even with the correct binds for the helicopter the damned thing still veers left straight into the ground once it's up in the air. 20 days now and I've not been able to use a jet or helicopter with the joystick I have ... that works on all other games (including DICE's own BFBC2 and BF2!). Ridiculous.
wong706
HK Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-14 14:05
Yes, I just called EA Live Chat.
They told me that the joystick was not supported.

Both my Saitek Cyborg Fly 5 and Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.
It's ridiculous.
Flang3r
GE Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2011-11-14 14:13
I have the same problem with Logitech 2.4 freedom joystick and Logitech dual action joystick. Can't bind pitch, it takes the input but stays blank.

In addition if I want to have two joysticks connected simultaneously (Gamepad for heli, joystick for jet) its justa a NO go. It won't recognize both, either one or another. Basically I will have to give up on one of the air vehicles.

I've seen 20 if not more topics regarding these problems, is it so hard to fix this? If it is tell us so we know you're working. It feels like nobody gives a shit about it.
wingyuenyuen
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2011-11-15 00:03
wong706 said:

It's ridiculous.

So you need to sell it on eBay and buy one which is compatible?
folsombob
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-16 10:30
LOTS of the same problems.
It's crazy that the joystick is not supported, especially with SO MANY with similar and same complaints and real problems from SO MANY players.

My binding problems were with the Yaw in the jet and the turning in the heli -- they just wouldn't take, and some of the other controls were reversed.
Sound familiar, anyone?

I started with the old Windows Precision 2, and just bought the Cyborg F.L.Y. 5. The former had some stuck buttons, hence the latter.

With both, I found that doing a "Reset All Settings" put the proper X and Y axis in the slots, and then I could tweak them by direction. Once the Yaw was in place, in the jet, I could then twist the joystick to set the left/right turning. Of course, "Reset All Settings" means exactly that -- including mouse sensitivity, etc. ALL settings get reset, not just for a particular category, such as vehicle, jet, heli, foot, common, etc. ALL SETTINGS get changed, but at least I got the yaw to work.

But, then again, WHY should I or any of you have to deal with so much of this...?

With the Cyborg F.L.Y. 5, many of the buttons 13 or so buttons were not recognized or interpreted as "Pad..." left, right, etc, but not by number.

Also, with the jet, when flying, if I release the joystick entirely, it pitches up (nose up, fly higher), so I have to continually press the joystick forward.

Another thing, for the options for on foot, I made sure to delete ALL of the joystick settings so that only the keyboard and mouse were controllers.

Someone at EA or elsewhere really needs to pay attention to US.
Blindingsun_yo
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-16 10:34
All joysticks should be supported,. there;s only about 20 different joysticks on the bloody market atm anyway
WatchagonnaRASTA?!!
Drunkm0nk1
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-16 14:51
Glad to see Im not the only one with this issue. im trying to learn how to fly with mouse and keyboard! NOT EASY and not fun at all to pilot with a mouse!
Cmon DICE, take some time to fix this :)
EQ501
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-16 15:01
wong706 said:

It's ridiculous.
My FLY 5 works as it should.. I just suck at flying and shooting with a joystick, i shake too much :)
Blindingsun_yo
2011-11-16 17:09
my Thrustmaster stick works... =D
WatchagonnaRASTA?!!
pjzzz
IN Enlisted: 2011-11-12
2011-11-21 22:02
Blindingsun_yo said:
my Thrustmaster stick works... =D
How did you get it to work?
Badvock
2011-11-21 22:13
Wicked_Larocca said:
Same problems here can not set my logitech extreme pro 3d hy thinks i use a game pad for some settings ......HOW is this possible for a game like this
Damed Dice fix this Fast

Logitech Extreme 3d is not supported by BF3, sorry

That said I hear that the odd person does get some luck

Try this, in settings, controls,
ON FOOT - Remove Everything in the joystick column
JET HELO - Remove ALL in the mouse / Keyboard column (with the exception of those things you wish to keep on KB / Mouse, But make sure there are no joystick controls for that command)
Bohi_OFDR2
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-21 23:19 , edited 2011-11-21 23:21 by Bohi_OFDR2
Really i have the solution here for all your problems but you have to forget everything what is said in other forums and such.
You have to start from scratch and not as suggested to erase any key-bindings in front.
All the axis working for all movement regardless what you using (air-)vehicles or on foot and all in analogue as a default movement by the game x-box controller.
Also the speed comparing if you move the stick in a particular direction (infinitely). But remember for using a Afterburner or Sprinting this game using a other keybinding for it and is not implemented in the axis, thus press a key on your keyboard or gamepad like a G13 or assign a button on the joystick for it.
The solutions is really to adapt your controller at the game and not the game to your controller!!
And for the question above somewhere yes you can use the joystick movement but your keyboard movement such as wasd is also still working after and if you let the mouse movements untouchable it is same working as if you only having a keyboard and mouse for aiming and freelook. Nevertheless i still using the mouse as before only difference is the wasd i don't use it any more but like i said all keyboard functions are working all time.

Goto my guide and files through this link here;
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489473951825/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Try to find the logic in my story for assigning on other hardware.
Badvock
2011-11-21 23:45 , edited 2011-11-21 23:46 by Badvock
WIth the greatest respect getting people to download your files or an emulator is not (imo) a smart move, I don't wish to say you would have any nefarious intentions but I for one would not download files from a complete stranger, just sayin'
Bohi_OFDR2
2011-11-22 01:44 , edited 2011-11-22 02:03 by Bohi_OFDR2
OK I i have respect for your doubts of course but did you see the guide i made?
It was a huge job to for fill the solution after all including the guide and such. Also i given the links on different sites with my account including here. Meaning if i had any nefarious intentions then i would it be very stupid to do it this way. Im on guru3d as well and i only try to help here and where im. But sure truly understand it also thanks for you reply.
I uploaded the file in Jotti malware/virus scanner and i made a screenshot which i upload on guru3d also i written link which compare on the screenshot.
Just in case to eliminate any doubts for here i give the link here already on guru3d you can see more of it as well.
If more people having still doubts on the security risk the speak up and give a way so i can wipe out of any doubts, at this moment i don't know how i can do more.

http://virusscan.jotti.org/nl/scanresult/8316f68ab9eb92daf1943b11c6c9eddd7fba2139 [virusscan.jotti.org]
GeneralBoscogn
US Enlisted: 2011-11-09
2011-11-23 21:47
my logitech Dual action Game Pad doesn't work. so i can't even take advantage of the the jets and helicopters.. unless i use the keyboard and it's real awkward.. after i pop out of the jet i resume using keyboard. they had a beta and shipped this game out half assed? why are so many people having problems? not just this but others things too??
Bohi_OFDR2
2011-11-23 22:52
Your logitech Dual action Game Pad does work on a unfashionable way implementing to the game.
I explain many times why this game is so weird regarding other hardware and binding to answer your question pls search in my profile on the events.
Short story your logitech Dual action Game Pad will work if you want to do some effort its not much though.
Follow the link i give, read the guide, "read between the lines" as matter of speaking for your needs and suits, use the program, use the default profile of yours or mine, and all done.