To rape Or not to rape......bases

SHIFTY117XAUS
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-15 00:54
Ever since I started playing battlefield 2 on pc there was always a unwritten Rule that you would not base rape UNLESS you're team owns all flags. (some people still did though)

Some of the servers it was a rule nd it would kill you if you killed some 1 inside spawn area without all flags capped.
I would like to see this brought into bf3.

IMO the only acceptable reason to kill inside enemy spawn is if there is a sniper, mortor or vehicle taking shots into combat area.

Sniping from spawn: don't call me a spawn killer when I rush in and take you're tags cos you're just as much as a. Spawn killer by killing from you're spawn, where we can't go without risk of suicide If we can't make it out of there in time. (yes actually had a sniper bitch @ me for killing while sniping from his spawn)

Once you own all flags......rape the fuck out of em and teabags those bitches if the urge hits ya.
SPECTRE -STR- "GET TACTICAL"
BluDragon76
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-15 01:08 , edited 2011-11-15 01:13 by BluDragon76
YES!!! This was the shiz, and ppl got booted from the server for violating this rule as well. It was like auto written in to the server script.

I agree but you know, on some maps, like Noshwhuthehelleva Canals, the map on Conquest is so small if I'm in the ZW-11 trying to scout the enemy armor and use the guided air to ground missles. The two Little Birds are shooting at you as soon as they take off because the map is so small. It's almost like you have to make sure both choppers are gone if you want to fly for the russian side in that map. Then if you just say F flying, and go for the bases, the 2 LBs zoomin everywhere are like two Super MAVs giving positions away and killin everything in sight.

The real problem which I believe is the cause for this on consoles are the maps are just too friggin small. I ididn't like the multiplayer maps in BF:BC because they were small. So i actually skipped BF:BC2 till about 5 months ago. BF:BC2 is better than 1, but the maps still were not big enough for me. Now BF3 seems like a step backwards in many ways. I was so looking forward to BF3, because they said it was the true sequel to BF2. In a interview about the game in early development I got very excited because I read one developers said "BF3 is going to have the biggest maps we have ever made!" I am very impressed with the graphics and gameplay mechanics, but the maps size just really let me down.

Edit: In BF2 to make the journey to someones base, it was very obvious you were spawn killing, there was no other reason to be that far over on the map because the objectives were in the middle someplace, usually more than 500 meters away. Again, map size. Not as clear it is entirely intentional in this version. If you are going to fly, any map in this game once the enemy has air power up they are in your vicinity and attacking you.
Moordok
Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2011-12-04 15:33
Seriously, if a team is holding ALL of the flags, the "out of bounds" area on the enemy base should be removed.
At least until said team neutralizes a flag.

This should encourage ppl to PTFO lest they end up with no "out of bounds" protection in their own base, thus baseraped all the way in.

PS: Reminds me of BF Vietnam, Operation Hastings, you could capture enemy base and leave the enemy team nowhere to respawn and their tickets going down real fast.
isoprax
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-12-04 15:36
I've always had a personal rule to not participate in base raping. Seems unsportsmanlike to me (yeah yeah, you pushed them back blah blah) so I never go passed the flag closest to them. I stick to defending objectives. It can get boring if my teammates don't let anyone out, but I'd rather be bored for 2 minutes until round end then be one of the people base raping.
MathewGurney
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-12-04 15:37
Out of bounds bases have ruined spawnrape, i am sad, noobs with no flags deserve to get baseraped, its how they learn.
Knife goes in, guts come out...
Moordok
2011-12-04 15:43
Leave a reply...
mathewgurney said:
Out of bounds bases have ruined spawnrape, i am sad, noobs with no flags deserve to get baseraped, its how they learn.

Being able to capture their main base would solve both issues, no more baserape (no more spawn for that matter) plus you end that game faster.
aydonmilligon
2011-12-04 15:45
I would prefer the way they did it in BF1943. If you were to kill someone in their base this is what would pop up...

"+0 No points in Enemy Bases!"

This always discouraged people from base camping, and I don't ever remember a playing a match in that game where someone was base camping at all.
E_Mc2-86Mu_A
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-12
2011-12-04 15:48
In Noshy canals you shouldn't base rape, just take there little bird / z-11 and return to the flags. Tactically it works better too. In general base raping is much harder than it was in bc2
Moordok
2011-12-04 15:50
Leave a reply...
aydonmilligon said:
I would prefer the way they did it in BF1943. If you were to kill someone in their base this is what would pop up...

This always discouraged people from base camping, and I don't ever remember a playing a match in that game where someone was base camping at all.

That could work as well. The idea of capturing their base was more than anything to finish quickly an obviously unbalanced game.
MathewGurney
2011-12-04 15:51
Leave a reply...
aydonmilligon said:

If i remember correctly, the home bases on that game were all set on aircarft carriers sitting a quarter mile off the coast lol, pretty hard to spawncamp. ^^

Moordock.

I don't wan't the match to end, i want to keep killing. The point is a spawnrape could always be broken by determined players, and even an entire match turned around and won after one, now those comebacks are made easy for people by invisible walls defending them, took all the skill out of it.
Knife goes in, guts come out...
K1LL3R4NT
2011-12-04 18:01
Remember this about map size, the maps for consoles are shrunken way down...a side effect of porting from PC to console. Base rape is annoying but it really depends on the mode, personaly I play alot of conquest and base rape is just a part of the game. For example maps with aircraft if I can shoot your jet down before it leaves the runway thats a win win because 1 i don't have to chase you wasting time and 2 it frees me up to attack ground units as well. Thats why there are things like the AA in the bases because if your being base raped one of thoese will make you think twice about buzzing the base.

Esp on Noshar canals...as the russian side you have ground acces to the cap points, as us you don't. I've joined into matches where the US held all points, jumped into my trust z-11, take out little birds then start buzzing the carrier. The us team gets so focused on me that I'll soon have 4 or more people spawning on carrier trying to take me out, thus 1/3 of the team is no longer defending objectives..freeing up room for my team to take them back. I've seen this change the entire course of a match many times. Yes you can say i'm a noob, a base rape fag, blah blah blah...but bottom line is it is an effective tactic for winning a match.

(on a side note, on noshar CQ if your the RU pilot your already outnumbered but faster more nimble aircraft, its your job to take the enemy air down and keep them down which is hard to do if your not keeping a good eye on the carrier at all times.)
TheRealKrow
2011-12-11 23:33
I almost made a thread about this. See, in 1942 and 2142, I was a sapper. I'd go into enemy bases and cause chaos where I could. I wouldn't spawn kill. I'd focus entirely on blowing up vehicles that the enemy just got in by either using detpacks or landmines. I can't do my normal "sapper" role in this game because of the out of bounds marker. In 1942, I'd even swim to enemy carriers and steal planes, boats and all kinds of shit to make their lives hell. I was truly fluid in any given moment. I'm really not proud that I had a video game down to an art, but whatever. I can't choose what I'm good at. I can still be fluid in BF3, but some of my options are gone because of that out of bounds marker.
Duskfirez
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-12-11 23:43
Taking out enemy air support, in my own eyes (as a helicopter lover) is not base raping; and I've been in both situations plenty times before.

Confining the enemy to their spawning location (which, face it, narrows there avenues of escape by 90%) is spawn raping -- only the worthless spawn rape. Real men like a constant challenge. =|
adin75
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-12-11 23:49
isoprax said:
I've always had a personal rule to not participate in base raping. Seems unsportsmanlike to me (yeah yeah, you pushed them back blah blah) so I never go passed the flag closest to them. I stick to defending objectives. It can get boring if my teammates don't let anyone out, but I'd rather be bored for 2 minutes until round end then be one of the people base raping.

My philosophy also.
So, which way do I point this thing?
GrumpyDuck
2011-12-12 00:03
i dot like spawn raping and dont do it unless its to get the ,mortar/sniper sitting in spawn.

i dont like games that have spanw raping in them as it just makes it either boring or annoying.

also if your team has twice the players and your spawn raping thats just unfair. thats not a case of them being pushed back let em fight their way back out.

the same goes for people who go straight to the spawn a destroy all the vehicles.
theonlyrobo
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-12-12 00:15
There needs to be a way to prevent/reduce the ammount of spawn raping. Like for helicopters. Almost every game on Damavand Peak or Canals, the scout chopper just spawn camps the enemy heli. And destroys it instantly or wait until someone spawns in it. I think it would be fair for all vehicles to get infinite helath in spawn for five seconds. As soon as you get in a vehicle the five seconds start. Five seconds is just enough time to counter a camping enemy scout chopper and retaliate. Five seconds is enough time for a jet to get off the runway. Even five seconds of infinite player health which gives you time to make a move instead of getting blown up within two seconds apon spawn. This would make the game more exciting as the enemy has a chance to make a comeback with a mere five seconds of invincibility apon home deployment spawn.
Basuroy
IN Enlisted: 2011-11-10
2011-12-12 00:32
there is no fun in taking part in such an unbalanced game. btw like someone said here , 0 points for killing inside base seems the best idea.
didd you know jumping from damavand cliff triggers auto parachute .
Luggruff
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-12-12 00:43
Moordok said:
Seriously, if a team is holding ALL of the flags, the "out of bounds" area on the enemy base should be removed.
At least until said team neutralizes a flag.

This should encourage ppl to PTFO lest they end up with no "out of bounds" protection in their own base, thus baseraped all the way in.

PS: Reminds me of BF Vietnam, Operation Hastings, you could capture enemy base and leave the enemy team nowhere to respawn and their tickets going down real fast.

So, if your team spawn kills my team, and I neutralize a flag, I get to kill your whole team because they don't have time to get back out of my spawn in 10 secs (since then they would again, be in the restricted zone). Bad idea.

And if you guys want to spawn rape, do so.. it is possible. Especially in Seine Crossing, but it is HARD to do it, and IF you manage to do it, then you DESERVE to do it.
u-13Dragon
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-08
2011-12-12 00:54
I will Deny the enemy CAS by targetting a freshly spawned Helo / Jet, only after I've destroyed them in combat. I'm not a fan of base raping, and i like to keep my squad fluid by checking up on other flags etc, but occasionally ive come up against an Poorly-played enemy team, gone to get in range of someone and gone out of bounds, not relising im at there base.
SwedeWolfMan
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-12-12 14:54
Leave a reply...
adin75 said:
isoprax said:
My philosophy also.

+1