Thread is locked.

[DLC] Battlefield 3: Eastern Assault

Shadowclaimr
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-18 15:07 , edited 2011-12-09 14:55 by Shadowclaimr
Before I begin this I'd like to thank you all for your outpouring of support, its been very overwhelmingly awesome to see you guys like the concept (even though its just a piece together of old content) it did takes a few hours of in depth research for weaponry and updating the maps/story concepts to get it to fit, so I'm glad to see you guys appreciate the concept. As always, bump the thread, + the GS link, and you could see this rocking your battlefield soon enough. o7
-Shadowclaimer
PS: DICE have said on their blog they have a fully separate team working on B2K, so they have a content development team and a bug fix team, this in no way interferes with the normal game development cycle if they chose to pursue it, take it as you will.

Battlefield 3: Eastern Assault
Return of the PLA (People's Liberation Army), the Chinese Army from BF2. Following the events of Battlefield 3, China has taken advantage of the global conflict between Russia and the US to begin taking nearby territory and expanding its sovereign control. Both Russia and US have heavy stakes in the East that are at risk. US forces begin to push upwards from Australia and Russian forces push in from the north. All three factions are caught up in a three way war while the rest of the world watches and waits.

Old favorites recreated in the Frostbite 2 Engine!
Dalian Plant (BF2) - RUS vs PLA
In an attempt to disrupt the Chinese power grid, Russia begins pushing into northern china to attempt to sabotage the Dalian Nuclear Power Station. Chinese forces must scramble to defend the plant from the Russian attack.

Daqing Oilfields (BF2) - US vs PLA
US Forces landing in Southern China have begun a night time raid on the Daqing Oilfields to try and cut off the Chinese fuel supply that is funding their war effort. The PLA Reserve Forces must stop the US landing efforts and protect their oil pipelines.

Dragon Valley (BF2) - RUS vs PLA
A stepping stone in the war between Russia and China, Dragon Valley is a vital chokepoint that if taken could help prevent Chinese resources from reaching the northern front. The PLA forces must keep this lane clear to keep vital supplies moving.

Port Valdez (BC2) - PLA vs US
In a quick land grab, the PLA forces land in Alaska to try to cut off US oil supplies and capture territory while the primary US forces are positioned around the world fighting the Russians. This harbor must be held by the remaining US reserve forces if the war effort is to continue. The Conquest version of this map would be similar to its sister map, Midnight Sun, from BF2.

South China Sea (Coral Sea) (BF1942/3) - US vs PLA (Remade as Conquest)
Hostile movements by Chinese naval forces in the South China Sea has prompted Japan to call upon a local US Carrier Group to move in. This standoff between two Chinese aircraft carriers and two US aircraft carriers has both groups vying for control of a small chain of islands in the sea. Air superiority is vital to maintain control of this sector. TDM for South China Sea is an infinite aircraft spawn dog-fighting extravaganza.

New Map!
Operation Shanghaied - US vs PLA
US special forces have used the cover of a nighttime thunderstorm to land in Shanghai. Using this opportunity to set up a forward base and begin landing more supplies in the port, they have begun pushing into the city as a whole. PLA forces and US forces must vie for control of 7 different areas of the city in the neon lit darkness of Shanghai's various districts. In Rush the US special forces that land first must approach under the cover of night and detonate various stations to sew discord and chaos in the PLA ranks before the main forces land.

All maps are available on all game modes.

New Weapons!
QSZ-92 (Pistol)
Type 85 (SMG)
QCW-05 (SMG)
NOR982 (Shotgun)
QBZ-03 (Assault Rifle) (Starting PLA Assault Weapon)
QBZ-95G (Assault Rifle)
Type 81 (Assault Rifle) (Starting PLA Engineer Weapon)
JS 7.62 (Sniper Rifle) (Starting PLA Recon Weapon)
Type 79 (Sniper Rifle)
QBB-95 (Light Machine Gun) (Starting PLA Support Weapon)
Type 80 (Light Machine Gun)
PF-98 (Rocket Launcher)
QW-1 (AA Launcher)

New vehicles!
Type 99 (PLA Main Battle Tank)
ZBD2000 (PLA Light Assault Vehicle)
NJ2046 (PLA Van)
Type 95 SPAAA (PLA Anti-Air)
CAIC WZ-10 (PLA Attack Helicopter)
ZH-11 (PLA Scout Helicopter)
Z-8 Transport (PLA Transport Helicopter)
Chengdu J-10 (PLA Fighter Jet)
Q-5 Fantan (PLA Close Air Support)

If you read through and liked this idea, please offer a bump! I can't self bump and if this gets lost deep within the pages of this forum I have to repost it again =/

Take 3 seconds to + this idea on GetSatisfaction, every + is another dozen slots up the list, at 50+'s we reach Page 5 of popularity, at 100 we're nearly page 1, so please take the time to make sure this idea gets noticed! (DICE Devs are addicted to GetSatisfaction) http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/_dlc_battlefield_3_eastern_assault [getsatisfaction.com]
doghead_surgery
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-11-18 15:10
Port Valdez? Really?
Bring back Valley Run or End of the Line, we really need some open Rush maps.
Sieptium777
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-18 15:11
Bump, we want this. Most of the maps are fun and new weapons are always awesome :D
Norrig
DK Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2011-11-18 15:12
IS THIS REAL?!?!?!?! PLEASE TELL ME IT IS
Enveloppe
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-18 15:13
Nice idea Lottsssss of work lol
Shadowclaimr
2011-11-18 15:14
Hotpokkaminny said:
Port Valdez? Really?
Bring back Valley Run or End of the Line, we really need some open Rush maps.

In the poll so far I've taken Port Valdez and Arica Harbor (also Oasis) are really high up in the votes out of 600 or so votes.

I do like both End of the Line and Valley Run though.
-SG-Automatiic
This post has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.
Hellfire257
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-02
If you include a J20 also, I'm in!
gruzergrub5000
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-18 15:15
lmao no. demize already stated in his IAMA on bf3 subreddit that theyll just stick to US and Russia.
Riskybullet
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-18 15:15
I Like! ^^
gruzergrub5000
2011-11-18 15:16
-556R-Automatiic said:
abdipanda said:
No it's not real. The OP made this up and is asking for it which brings me to this....

Why the fuck do people post shit like this? Do you honestly believe that DICE is going to look at the forums and be like "OH damn! This noob in the forums had a great idea for an expansion. Lets roll with it!" Of course not you dumbass! They won't even change minor things in the game even though there are countless threads in the forums about them. Stop posting shit that won't happen. We have plenty to get fixed before any DLC is released anyway. I hate stupid people. So. Fucking. Much.

i agree, demize already stated in his IAMA on bf3 subreddit that theyll just stick to US and Russia.
Flashplate
2011-11-18 15:16
send this to ea offices
<--- AN-94 fan club. Wrongful hackusation and butthurt whining lead to players getting wrongfully banned from servers. Its simple, observe and research before you hackcuse. Every player has someone out there that is BETTER than them.
Shadowclaimr
2011-11-18 15:17 , edited 2011-11-18 15:18 by Shadowclaimr
-556R-Automatiic said:
abdipanda said:
No it's not real. The OP made this up and is asking for it which brings me to this....

Why the fuck do people post shit like this? Do you honestly believe that DICE is going to look at the forums and be like &quot;OH damn! This noob in the forums had a great idea for an expansion. Lets roll with it!&quot; Of course not you dumbass! They won't even change minor things in the game even though there are countless threads in the forums about them. Stop posting shit that won't happen. We have plenty to get fixed before any DLC is released anyway. I hate stupid people. So. Fucking. Much.

I'm curious on the things ingame that you think are so vital that they need to bring the entirely unrelated content development team in to fix. If you weren't aware (and obviously too busy calling me stupid) Development Companies have multiple teams dedicated to each end, they have environmental artists, character designers, animators, etc. all doing different jobs. The bug fix and balance teams are not the same as content development teams. The posting of ideas and concepts for what could be is a lot better than posting the 800th "NERF THE IRNV" thread or whining about how COD is better. Instead of being a constructive poster, you prefer to personally attack me for something I spent a lot of time on posting.

And yes, I do believe DICE sees these threads and at least thinks "This is cool, and the responses look like players will enjoy this. We should consider some of this for our next DLC."

Also thank you for the bump.

i agree, demize already stated in his IAMA on bf3 subreddit that theyll just stick to US and Russia.

DICE has said a lot of things in the past. The sheer amount of which they didn't stick to. They had originally stated no Titan mode and went back on that by saying if enough proper feedback was given about having it, they'd implement it eventually.
0j0m
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-11-18 15:18
id like to see some free REMAKES and some new maps that have to be purchased as any other dlc.
like the vip pack no.7 from bc2 and vietnam as the one you gotta buy :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Shadowclaimr
2011-11-18 15:20 , edited 2011-11-18 15:20 by Shadowclaimr
0j0m said:
id like to see some free REMAKES and some new maps that have to be purchased as any other dlc.
like the vip pack no.7 from bc2 and vietnam as the one you gotta buy :D

Sadly I love free remakes, but its not economically viable truthfully. Especially for something of this size. The Battlefield series has had paid booster packs for awhile (suck it COD), and BC1/2 got away with free maps mostly because the free maps (save for a few) were just alternate game modes on old maps.
EpicHam
HK Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-11-18 15:22
yeah sure
but with the sales plummeting
not very likely
ZoM_Head
Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-18 15:22
Probably future DLCS will have BF2 maps.

What i woukld think is awesome, if BF2142 expansion pack comes in.

BF3: Artic Circle (BF2142 style)

Or something

PS: Remade BF maps on BF3 expansion packs are awesome, even game modes ( Titan, how i miss you so).
Shadowclaimr
2011-11-18 15:22 , edited 2011-11-18 15:24 by Shadowclaimr
EpicHam said:
yeah sure
but with the sales plummeting
not very likely

Sales.. plummeting?

Last I heard this game was doing better than ever, don't listen to the forum whiners, they're about as reliable of a source for information as googling and picking a random homemade webpage.

Probably future DLCS will have BF2 maps.

What i woukld think is awesome, if BF2142 expansion pack comes in.

BF3: Artic Circle (BF2142 style)

Or something

PS: Remade BF maps on BF3 expansion packs are awesome, even game modes ( Titan, how i miss you so).

Titan may return soon with Carriers instead of Titans, its been discussed a lot with the developers and they said with enough feedback they'd consider it. There's a thread floating around that's been spammed with people wanting it.

I'd like to see a lot of 2142 maps return (Fall of Berlin, Port Bavaria, Bridge to Remegen, Highway Tampa), so I'm with you on that one. Most would have to be remade to be more Desert than Winter though.
A_Harmless_Panda
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-18 15:23
I'm all for it baby!!!
Sky2High
PL Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-18 15:27
Let's bumb so ea guys will see this! xD

Really nice ideas , if dice will do these projects , your one , the menu one which was wrote on these f orums , http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347719699077/ [battlelog.battlefield.com] this one , the game will be better ^^

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.