Joystick not responding

Skitskraj
Enlisted: 2011-11-20
2011-11-22 19:27
My Saitek Evo Force isn't recognized in the game at all. I push the buttons, but no reaction - can't bind to any joystick button cuz game doesnt recognize it. Any ideas anyone?
Bohi_OFDR2
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-22 20:04
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489473951825/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
Skitskraj
2011-11-22 20:34
Don't think that's the issue I'm experiencing. The game doesn't recognize the fire buttons even.
Bohi_OFDR2
2011-11-23 13:01
Skitskraj said:
Don't think that's the issue I'm experiencing. The game doesn't recognize the fire buttons even.

Yup that's right and that's the point its not only the buttons but also the layout of analogue axis. Thats why i was trying for my sake and others who like to be all movements in a analogue way. Matter in fact im not using a xbox controller however its laying on the upper last shell of my pc cabinet, I don't use it as personal preference of changing hardware during the game.
But I quote myself in a other thread;

Really i have the solution here for all your problems but you have to forget everything what is said in other forums and such.
You have to start from scratch and not as suggested to erase any key-bindings in front.
All the axis working for all movement regardless what you using (air-)vehicles or on foot and all in analogue as a default movement by the game x-box controller.
Also the speed comparing if you move the stick in a particular direction (infinitely). But remember for using a Afterburner or Sprinting this game using a other keybinding for it and is not implemented in the axis, thus press a key on your keyboard or gamepad like a G13 or assign a button on the joystick for it.
The solutions is really to adapt your controller at the game and not the game to your controller!!
And for the question above somewhere yes you can use the joystick movement but your keyboard movement such as wasd is also still working after and if you let the mouse movements untouchable it is same working as if you only having a keyboard and mouse for aiming and freelook. Nevertheless i still using the mouse as before only difference is the wasd i don't use it any more but like i said all keyboard functions are working all time."

Using this solution and trust me i did it all including some coding and so on this game don't manage to recognise human interference by manually or coding nor config style regarding keybinding such as movement and other hardware then what is supported by this game. What is supported is very poor like you and me as well a lot of others are experienced, pity but we have to deal with it. However I didn't give up to find a cure so I can play like a want.
Nor you shouldn't and you can follow the guide and work from there use the program which I provided in the files, look into the keybindings options in the game as it is preset for xbox controllers (default) and set the above mentioned program emulator to those button layout for your joystick or what ever you using.
It is working, those buttons you can also recording by that emulator on your desired layout of your hardware.
Remember;
* If you look at 1st screenshot layout regarding emulator, don't change that layout to a other gamepad or what ever, let it be on xbox layout. This is needed because it presenting the layout of the default controller what this game is using unfortunately not a other piece of hardware, only xbox.
* You can not recording (in the emulator) axis to your joystick you have to set it like me suggesting in the screenshot because as i said before, this game is using the xbox layout with the movement other then walking to trigger buttons not joystick. So to set your joystick which is always x and y axis same as a other analogue to the way i shown in screenshot.
pedrohakial
BR Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2011-11-23 13:04
You could use mouse, more fun :)
Bohi_OFDR2
2011-11-23 13:24 , edited 2011-11-23 13:25 by Bohi_OFDR2
Well i suppose that you don't know the difference i use a X8 sidewinder mouse, keyboard Microsoft Natural ergonomic 4000 with most functions transported on a G13 including joystick analogue.
Using the axis for a single joystick you still need the other axis from a mouse like aiming and freelook. I always like replys if there grounded but yours, with all respect, it isnt sorry..
Skitskraj
2011-11-23 17:59
Bohi, I really appreciate the effort you have taken into setting up the game as you want, and even more to share it with the rest of us in a guide (btw, I also use a g13) =) However, at the moment it seems like too much of a hazzle for me, atm there is too much IRL for me and I want to play as much as possible during my spare time.

In my case, I think there must be a much simpler solution, I mean, just to get the damn game to recognize the joystick - it worked in open Beta. I think I'm probably just missing something increadibly simple to get it to work, like a quick setting in windows or something like that.

I know I had same problem in BC2, but can't remember how the heck I solved it.
Bohi_OFDR2
2011-11-23 20:35 , edited 2011-11-23 20:44 by Bohi_OFDR2
OOh man lol, its not much hassle to finish this all for you.
Really if you read that guide then even try, like i said there, backup your current PROF_SAVE_profile (the path is mentioned there too) and replace the files i set up for my self.
Im sure your did the calibration already so that part you can skip.
I provide a whole file set up like i said, use it. If you don't like it delete it again.

Only what is needed if you want to use the G13;

Download the files
Setup a copy of your BF3 in your G13 gamepanel (very easy to do just a few mouse clicks, as shown there too).
Set that particular copy of BF3 into joystick.
Backup your Bf3 PROF_SAVE_profile
Place these files from >> Emulate Joystick\MY Own files<< in the right directory as given in folder names and your done. There are some restrictions as i explain in my thread though.
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<

This game dont support joysticks rather then less of a few, its impemented in the code and you cant override it in windows like you suggestion.
Setting up key-joystick-binding on those given even more problems meaning if you want implement it in one joystick for all movement as it normally should be possible
If i had a Saitek Evo Force like you are using i did the setup for you i know how to do it now, it was a hassle to find the right way. Only it would take some min and upload it to you but unfortunately (for you) i don't have that joystick.
But after all i understand your lack of spare time (i having the same problem lol) only i can say the reading is the most time frame, setting it all up are few min ooh well, thanks for popping by and give a reply.
If you are still having questions or so i will keep tracking your thread for a while as i do for all post i place.
The-Mixon
Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2011-11-23 20:42 , edited 2011-11-23 20:42 by The-Mixon
pedrohakial said:
Errr... seriously?

Anyway, my Saitek Cyborg works fine..
ಠ_ಠ
Skitskraj
2011-11-24 17:50
MixonPL said:
pedrohakial said:
Errr... seriously?

Anyway, my Saitek Cyborg works fine..
Is it "Cyborg Evo Force", or only "Cyborg"? If they are the exact same my should work too...

Bohi, I might try your solution after all, this weekend will be a nice time ;)