BF3 PC Server R10 is out

XeF-GR
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-24 09:52 , edited 2011-11-24 10:08 by XeF-GR
Yay now i can play other games while seeding our server.Thank you .FFS
s1r14n
ES Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-24 09:54 , edited 2011-11-24 09:55 by s1r14n
Hi mikael, can you explain what are this commands for unranked servers?

unlockList.add Disallowed On Ranked
unlockList.remove Disallowed On Ranked
unlockList.clear Disallowed On Ranked
unlockList.list Disallowed On Ranked
unlockList.save Disallowed On Ranked

can i add or remove weapons/atachments with this comands?

Sry for my bad english
AJToft
DK Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-24 09:55
That´s nice, but we really need reserved slots and REAL hardcore settings
DocStone
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-24 09:55
Thanks for listening, and thanks for the quick roll out. It is appreciated you know ;)
"Never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience" Join us at www.thesasclan.co.uk
Butana-SE
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-24 09:56
This update is very nice since they added the idle kick our servers dropped and now we can idle to start servers again so big thanx for the fix Dice!
halninekay
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-24 10:02
MikaelKalms said:
This is a small update. It contains two changes:

* vars.idleTimeout and vars.idleBanRounds commands are now controllable on ranked servers
* Crashfix when a player is reviving another player

Since it's Thanksgiving over in the US we are not mandating that all RSPs update within a specific timeframe. Most of them will likely offer this as an optional upgrade for the time being.

The documentation is available at http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2/tmp/BF3_PC_Server_R10_888890_Docs_ServerAdministrator.zip [static.cdn.ea.com]

Thank you, that was quick!
Passionate Purgatorial Janitor since BF-1942 | DICE Friend | Battlelog Moderator | Maintaining the Battlefield's purity!
HerrLaufer
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-24 10:08
Leave a reply...
Magnus417 said:
WTF are you all on about. Unless you are using your own money to rent a server STFU and get out of this thread. We complained about a couple of settings and some of it has been fixed. Yes more is needed but at least they listened. Small clans etc will now be able to seed their servers.

This is a server side patch take your useless comments to the other posts. Not many companies listen to complaints (ALOT of them ;-) ) and respond the next day.

Dude plenty of servers, all of which will close soon due the problem of our servers not showing in the battlelog, they will also close because we are tired or waiting for a Patch that actually works. People at DICE are sitting at their PCs doing absolutley nothing but releasing utter garbage.

It is time DICE stopped fixing the cosmetic shit like sound issues and other cosmetic garbage and consentrated on fixing some more of the major problems, such as allowing servers to be filtered by Ping.

This game unfortunately is dieing rapidly, we have no one to blame except EA and DICE

People have a right to voice their opinions, when you get up to the 12 servers to administer then you can stay in the thread, there is no need to be an arsehole

People are 100% right

The R-10 Patch was absolutly USELESS

and yes I pay for the entire 12
utopiate07
2011-11-24 10:09
thx for the update but setting var_maxplayer_start to 4 players still results in 5 players needed.
HerrLaufer
2011-11-24 10:11
Leave a reply...
utopiate07 said:
thx for the update but setting var_maxplayer_start to 4 players still results in 5 players needed.

Oh good I thought that was just me
weenognie
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-24 10:20 , edited 2011-11-24 11:22 by weenognie
Unbelievable, doesn't really solve the issue. I do not want to sit around behind my PC doing NOTHING and wait for some Clanmembers to join. We do have jobs you know, therefore we are not always able to synchronize time for playing together.

We have to rely on people joining, while we're horsing around a bit on our servers. Blowing things up, honing flying or driving skills, seeking out vantage points and training tactics, these were the things that made waiting for others no problem in BF2 and BC2. Sometimes when one would join he'd spawn into a completely demolished map and even that was fun because there wasn't any cover to speak of.

Now you're telling us, if you want to play on your own servers (as Clans always like to do) we will just have to sit there waitiing and doing nothing? We have to face the fact that there are Clanmembers who just aren't that patient and will join other servers where they can actually play instead of helping to seed your servers. This will effectively ruin Clans as the smaller Clans (and maybe even the larger ones too) will desintegrate and fall apart since members will be scattered all over other servers because you can't always join servers they play on (when a server is full e.g.) We can say goodbye to comradeship and all the things that make Clan membership fun and worthwhile.

Furthermore it will become pointless to hold on to your Clanservers, if they're barely occupied. By implementing this new system you will wipeout small Clans and maybe even larger ones too. I am actually contemplating a return to BC2 as do a lot of others I know. This isn't working for us. Since I have a daytime job and family obligations too, I have only limited time to play, and then I actually would like to spend it playing NOT sitting around boring myself and maybe keeping myself occupied browsing the internet. And who cares if you don't get any points untill a fourth player connects? As long as you're having fun horsing around and exploring the maps, time flies and before you know it your playing on a filled server for points. That is (in my experience) the way it was in BF2 and BC2, why take that away from us?

BF3 maybe a lot more beautiful, but with these restrictions I might have to choose the lesser graphics of BC2 just to be able to play in the time I have got. Please reconsider a return to how things were, you are now sacrificing your loyal fanbase in spastic reaction to stats padding that just isn't going anywhere and which is aggrevating the crap out of us all. This, combined with the current other imperfections is too much, I understand there are bugs and we have to suffer the consequences of that patiently. What I do not understand is why you want to reduce us to waiting zombies! That is unacceptable in my opinion.
Wash_Your_Fruits
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-24 10:31
Leave a reply...
babazulu said:
- no reserverd slot system
- no queue joining system
- no visible player pings
- no voip
- no battle recorder
- BF3.exe STILL CRASHES! (joining every server 2 times... first time exe crashes, second time server is already full!)
- no clickable deploy map
- no more ability to play map alone to look around, learn every bit of a map in peace without someone bugging you
- maps way smaller and should I say less interesting than in BF2
- idea of usa and russians fighting in Paris, wtf was that? (should be at least french vs germans)
- tons of ingame jokes (invr working at daylight as in the night, XY megawatts tactical light in bright daylight, getting killed behind concrete wall, no horns on vehicles, chat all over the screen, not being able to walk over small debris on the ground without bunny hoping etc etc)
- all (both :)) fractions speak english, confusing sometimes... even in BC2 rus. spoke russian

Why not combine BF2 and BC2 and have ideal game with BF3 graphics ? Why guys ?
Because console players don't need half of that stuff ? Yeah, right, could be the case!

I guess most of you devs are feeling bad inside. That's beacause you actually didn't do anything new, even anything same.... except graphics.
You forgot on PC gameplay!, that's a shame.

^
this here
"Mitsuko! Life is... pain! Living your life... hurts." Shamoto, Cold Fish
DeathBySybian
Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-24 10:32
ubique1964 said:
Leave a reply...
utopiate07 said:

Oh good I thought that was just me

You both need to set restart round to 2 in order for the min players 4 to work.
If you don't set restart round to 2, you end up with needing 5 players.
swespot
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-24 10:32
What is this R9 server about? Is it only for people who owns a server!?
DICE Friend/Approved since May 31, 2013
JohnnyLube
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2011-11-24 10:32 , edited 2011-11-24 11:03 by JohnnyLube
Thanks for the patch lads at least youre making an effort unlike a.n.other fps shooty game we could mention BUT.

Sorry chaps I pay for a server for our clan members. We dont need the great unwashed in our server removing the password facility on ranked servers has to be an own goal.
Ok so people stat pad big whoop it's been done for as long as ranking up and fps have been around... but limiting the start to 4 on server is a proper pain in the 'arris so much so I will be cancelling my server and returning to BFBC2.

Thanks for fcuking up what could have been an awesome game
vampman05
2011-11-24 10:32 , edited 2011-11-24 10:37 by vampman05
DECEPTiC0NZ said:
What is this R9 server about? Is it only for people who owns a server!?
correct

on another note cheers for rolling this R10 patch out as fast as you can/could :)
II-GADGET-II
2011-11-24 10:34 , edited 2011-11-24 10:38 by II-GADGET-II
stats padding is far lees a problem than actually the back lash form R9 / R10 server enforcements.

roll back the changes and turn a blind eyes to the stats padders out there untill you can figure out how to allow players to run around a server with only 1 member and not get any points :D

how about the BUG when a server drops below 5 after populating and NO ONE rejoing the server as gives the impression its changing map
HerrLaufer
2011-11-24 10:42
Leave a reply...
wilniedoodnie said:
Unbelievable, doesn't really solve the issue. I do not want to sit around behind my PC doing NOTHING and wait for some Clanmembers to join. We do have jobs you know, therefore we are not always able to synchronize time for playing together.

We have to rely on people joining, while we're horsing around a bit on our servers. Blowing things up, honing flying or driving skills, seeking out vantage points and training tactics, these were the things that made waiting for others no problem in BF2 and BC2. Sometimes when one would join he'd spawn into a completely demolished map and even that was fun because there wasn't any cover to speak of.

Now you're telling us, if you want to play on your own servers (like Clans always like to do) we will just have to sit there waitiing and doing nothing? We have to face the fact that there are Clanmembers who just aren't that patient and will join other servers where they can actually play instead of helping to seed your servers. This will effectively ruin Clans as the smaller Clans (and maybe even the larger ones too) will desintegrate and fall apart since members will be scattered all over other servers because you can't always join servers they play on (when a server is full e.g.) We can say goodbye to comradeship and all the things that make Clan membership fun and worthwhile.

Furthermore it will become pointless to hold on to your Clanservers, if they're barely occupied. By implementing this new system you will wipeout small Clans and maybe even larger ones too. I am actually contemplating a return to BC2 as do a lot of others I know. This isn't working for us. Since I have a daytime job and family obligations too, I have only limited time to play, and then I actually would like to spend it playing NOT sitting around boring myself and maybe keeping myself occupied browsing the internet. And who cares if you don't get any points untill a fourth player connects? As long as you're having fun horsing around and exploring the maps, time flies and before you know it your playing on a filled server for points. That is (in my experience) the way it was in BF2 and BC2, why take that away from us?

BF3 maybe a lot more beautiful, but with these restrictions I might have to choose the lesser graphics of BC2 just to be able to play in the time I have got. Please reconsider a returm to how things were, you are now sacrificing your loyal fanbase in spastic reaction to stats padding that just isn't going anywhere and which is aggrevating the crap out of us all. This, combined with the current other imperfections is too much, I understand there are bugs and we have to suffer the consequences of that patiently. What I do not understand is why you want to reduce us to waiting zombies! That is unacceptable in my opinion.

I AGREE with everything you say, I will be requesting my empty servers to close at the end of their billing period. I sat in my server (one of them) for two hours, and not one person joined. My servers ping at 16 and yet after I refreshed the battlelog server list 283 times my servers, (with pings of 16) didn't show up once out of the 283 times.

I am so glad that I pay for empty server that cant be seen in a server list that ping at 16

Thanks DICE
Dobstar5
2011-11-24 10:45
Post up in forums to help get your server going along with the link to server ... it will fill up within 3 minutes if you ask nicely and thank them too
AyumiShinozaki0
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-24 10:47
you should go ahead thank stats padder who ruin your start 2 or 3 players into the server. it was all fine but stats padder ruin our fun and round start with less ppl.
I was able to stay alive because of your heart. [img]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o587/kanadetachibana0/KanadeTachibana_zps8877c15e.png[/img]
NePaS
2011-11-24 10:48
II-GADGET-II said:
stats padding is far lees a problem than actually the back lash form R9 / R10 server enforcements.

roll back the changes and turn a blind eyes to the stats padders out there untill you can figure out how to allow players to run around a server with only 1 member and not get any points :D

how about the BUG when a server drops below 5 after populating and NO ONE rejoing the server as gives the impression its changing map

^^^^THIS.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.