Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

How Commorose Should Work on Consoles

TheLastNinja01
US Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2011-12-01 13:29
So, we definitely need the Commorose on consoles. It'd also be nice if there was text chat support like MGO had!

Here's how it should work.

Method #1
- Tap Select/Back to open Commorose.
- Double tap Select/Back to do a normal spot.
- Use right analog stick to highlight the command you want to use.
- Hit Select/Back to confirm.

Method #2
- Hold Select/Back to open Commorose.
- Use right analog stick to highlight the command you want to use.
- Hit Select/Back to confirm.

Method #3
- Hold Select/Back to open Commorose.
- Use L2/R2 or LT/RT to cycle through commands while Commorose is open.
- Hit R1 or RB to confirm.

Method #4
- Tap Select/Back to open Commorose.
- Double tap Select/Back to do a normal spot.
- Use L2/R2 or LT/RT to cycle through commands while Commorose is open.
- Hit R1/RB to confirm.

Personally, I think methods #2 and #3 are the best. "But Ninja, what about the scoreboard?!" The scoreboard isn't important during a match! You should be focused on winning the battle. So rather than having the scoreboard so readily available, map the Commorose there instead. This way you can also still do normal spots quickly. You really don't need to be checking your KDR, it'll just demoralize you if you're performing badly.

Method #3 is kind of like MAG's "Commorose." However, I feel method #2 would be quicker to use and easier to implement. It'd be like having a weapon wheel open.

And make sure to add "Requesting Ammo/Repair/Medic" to it! I don't want to have to individually aim at every single teammate to try and get some assistance. Especially because the spot button "overheats" so easily. I should be able to just request it and all medics/engineers/support will have visual and aural cues that I'm requesting help. For example, the icon in the HUD/UI should be flashing when someone is requesting something.

Make it happen, DICE!
Aerox2k
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-12-01 13:31
/Agree
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ i'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
AmmoCrate
Enlisted: 2011-11-28
2011-12-01 13:51
No, it's fine how it is. If players paid more attention to the audio clues they get (A LOT) and the visual icons above people's heads then people would have no problem. Plus, nobody is going to care if the guy 4 miles away needs ammo, that's just more shit on my screen I don't need to deal with. I like it being confined to players around you that you actually have a chance of helping, not the whole team.

The real problem is that most people on consoles are dumb as hell. Sometimes I feel like I'm experiencing a true-blue miracle when I request ammo right in front of a support guy and he actually throws it down. Same with vehicle drivers/pilots. You can't fix stupid.
TheLastNinja01
2011-12-02 19:03
You won't be forced to use it. There's always room for improvement.

The current sound cues get drowned out by the sounds of war.

It's not going to be for people 4 miles away to know that someone needs ammo. It's easier to just request it so all medics/engies/support in your vicinity know that you need it. Rather than having to aim at one and hope they take notice, especially when they're sprinting by and you have to keep your aim over them and mash the spot button.
xBADMAGIKx
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-12-02 19:04
I don;t want comma rose dude. I'm fine with the back/select button.
JaZZaSaurus
MG Enlisted: 2011-11-06
2011-12-05 03:50
No, just no.
08G8V8
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-12-05 03:53
Too troublesome.

1. Remove scoreboard from holding Select/Back and put it in the start menu
2. Tapping select does the same thing that it already does
3. Hold select to bring up your various comms and flick the analog stick in the direction of that comm
4. Done

Or just, you know, don't change it. You don't gain anything except the ability to yell "THANKS CHIEF" or "NO SIR" to teammates.
xBuRToN126x
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-12-05 03:56
Spot button almost never works.

We need this.
TheLastNinja01
2011-12-06 02:20
08G8V8 said:
Too troublesome.

1. Remove scoreboard from holding Select/Back and put it in the start menu
2. Tapping select does the same thing that it already does
3. Hold select to bring up your various comms and flick the analog stick in the direction of that comm
4. Done

Or just, you know, don't change it. You don't gain anything except the ability to yell "THANKS CHIEF" or "NO SIR" to teammates.

So, basically method #2?

And you gain not having to "spot" multiple teammates to try and get someone to help, it'd be faster.

JaZZaSaurus said:
No, just no.

You don't even play this anymore. You just play a bunch of Scrubrim. >_>
PIGZWORTH89
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-12-09 05:35
Consoles- BattleRecorder>Commorose. I'd rather have the recorder but the commo would be cool too.
TheLastNinja01
2012-01-18 21:51
I doubt they'd be able to get the BattleRecorder going on consoles when they don't even have it available on PC. Maybe with Playstation 4?