Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

I think I just found a fix to my crashing....

xenovis
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-12-17 09:36
I should start off by saying that I hadn't logged into BF3 in awhile. I logged in this week to get the B2K update and also my Origin was updated to the latest version. I would play about 20 minutes tops before the BF3 game client would crash to desktop randomly. I started noticing that it would freeze first and that I sometimes had mouse movement. This led me to believe that some other program behind BF3 had context and could be causing the crash. The first thing I went to was Origin. I shut off the "Enable Origin In Game" overlay option under settings and I have only had 1 crash in about 5 hours of play. It is a night and day difference from crashing every 10 to 20 minutes to not crashing at all. I would say that if you have crashing problems turn off Origin's in game overlay.

TL:DR

My game kept crashing randomly.
I turned off Origin In Game overlay and my game isn't crashing any more.

Pic of the setting:
http://i39.tinypic.com/30mllir.jpg [i39.tinypic.com]

I hope this helps some players...
Grrizz
NZ Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-12-17 10:17
Yup since the last patch the origin overlay has about a 20-30% chance of crashing my game, no problems prepatch - of the technical sort that is, IMO origin is a problem in itself ;P
RedM was here