Better Battlelog - A Browser Addon for Battlelog

BrainFooLong
AT Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-01-11 07:07 , edited 2012-02-08 06:34 by BrainFooLong
I'm so glad and also a bit proud.
After one month of very hard work, with 1000+ active beta tester and some sleepless nights its time to present version 1.0
The addon works on nearly every supported system without any problem.

Better Battlelog is a free and open-source browser addon for Firefox and Chrome.
Currently (Stand: 11. Jan. 2012) there are 1800+ active addon users.
The addon was already seen and praised by DICE Members (specially JBRipley i mean), Rumors also say that EA have already knowledge of the addon, but im not sure about that.

All Features, FAQ, Information and download at: http://getbblog.com/en [getbblog.com]
Requests and Bug Reports here: http://getbblog.com/en/tracker [getbblog.com]

Naturally this is not the end of addon development, many ideas and features needs to be reviewed and implemented.

At last the update news for version 1.0

PS: I search for someone that can make a good looking/sounding addon review for youtube. You can do what you want, it only must be good at the end :-)
The video would be implemented into the Addon Mainpage.
Hopefully there some people out there which would help me in this part.

===
Important Changes / Updates:
- Board: BBCode Support
- Board: Quote selected text
- Fixed many weapon informations for pistols
- Inline YT Video Fix

Originalnews:
It's now been done. The first stable version of BBLog , after a month in beta phase, is ready to be downloaded. Many minor and major things was fixed and improved. So, for most of the pistols they was no extended weapon information, now it is. Contextmenu is now better to use and more flexible to enable or deactivate some parts of this global feature. Also a BBCode is now available, as well as globally more flexible options. A bugfix in inline youtube videos and chat input also done. Thanks goes to Roman Vullhorst for a improved english translation. All in all a huge update that stands for the version 1.0

Changelog:
- many general improvements - more flexible options
- fixed many weapon details for pistols
- fix for inline youtube videos
- added bbcode support in board edit formular
- added selection quote
- chat input fix (during type the entered text is cleared)
- fix: jump to last post make it impossible to go back to prev. site with browser buttons
===
Better Battlelog - That best thing for your Battlelog - http://getbblog.com
DWAYNE-J0HNS0N
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-01-13 04:09
Love this add-on. The Youtube links on the thread are awesome, too. The text formatting is amazing too. Thank you for doing such things that DICE couldn't seem to have thought of.
Held1OOO
IM Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-01-13 04:20
wow nice work, sir :) keep it up
Aimless-Moose
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-01-13 06:42
Wow that is some work you got there buddy, well done!
Streaming my games at http://sv.twitch.tv/petermedp
qpL-aBomberZ
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-01-13 08:14 , edited 2012-01-13 08:26 by qpL-aBomberZ
Does this work with Internet Explorer 7, 8 & 9?

Is it compatible with Windows 7 & 8?

So we can BBcode Presentations & such.. will BBCode be displayed to non-BBLog users?

Have you figured out/implemented anchor posts from your user wall to your specific posts on the forums?

Thanks.

-----------------

Edit:

"FAQ

Is BBLog approved by DICE / Battlelog?

Yes. JBRipley (Member of DICE) shared the addon to DICE members. Originalpost:
Quote: "Great work on your extension, it's really interesting for us at DICE to see what people add by themselves."

If it's approved by EA then sweet man! Very, well done. :)
BrainFooLong
2012-01-13 08:20
There is no addon for IE, as described in my first post description.
It does no matter what OS you have.
BBCode is supported by Battlelog, you can use the codes also without the Addon.
The addon just add some buttons to make it easier for you.
qpL-aBomberZ
2012-01-13 08:25 , edited 2012-01-13 08:40 by qpL-aBomberZ
You can't do BBCode in your Presentation. Can you with BBLog? That was my question.

Thanks for being thorough with the rest of my post. :)

Have you figured out/implemented anchor posts from your user wall to your specific posts on the forums?

Download 1.0 for Firefox 5.* - 12.0a1

Sorry what? My Firefox says 9.0.1. Is my Firefox compatible?
BrainFooLong
2012-01-13 09:40 , edited 2012-01-13 09:40 by BrainFooLong
Ok, you mean only Presenations.
No, you can only write BBCode in forum posts. Thats supported by Battlelog and BBLog. We do not add elsewhere BBCodes.

Firefox 5.* - 12.0a1 - Means support minimal version 5.0 to maximal version 12.0a1 (currently latest available firefox built. All version between are supported.

aBomberNation said:
I dont' know what you exactly mean. If you mean that you jump directly to the post displayed in your wall (what a anchor mean), no, we not implemented that because its currently not possible at this place, the wall not save the post-id, only the thread-id is available at this place.
qpL-aBomberZ
2012-01-13 10:26
DJ-Brainnrg said:
Firefox 5.* - 12.0a1 - Means support minimal version 5.0 to maximal version 12.0a1 (currently latest available firefox built. All version between are supported.

Oh sorry mate. I didn't know there was a Firefox 12.

aBomberNation said:

DJ-Brainnrg said:
I dont' know what you exactly mean. If you mean that you jump directly to the post displayed in your wall (what a anchor mean), no, we not implemented that because its currently not possible at this place, the wall not save the post-id, only the thread-id is available at this place.

Yes anchor means a hyperlink directly to your last forum post. I ask because it's a feature used in a Firefox Greasmonkey script I have installed for use on another internet forum.

Thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to trying this. Thank you for your efforts.
Towerful
AQ Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-01-14 00:14
bump for awesomeness
SGT_Kidder
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-01-14 00:44
Dude killer work here. And i honestly mean killer. the should give you the "its shake n bake and I helped" dog tag. This warrents it IMO. keep up the great work brother.
Triggeh
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-01-15 09:10
Would you be able to get this on firefox addon site? im sure that would help people believe this is legit.
Linc_o_O
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-01-15 14:32
Good work. :]
TommyMiland
NO Enlisted: 2011-12-06
2012-01-16 09:38
This should be a sticky!

A must have addon! :-D Great work!
Join The Norwegian Battlefield Community @ http://www.nbfc.no
dan_ep82
IE Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-01-16 10:06
Great add on,thanks
shermanpotter
BR Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-01-16 10:56
Using it and liking it :-)
bobz77
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-01-23 11:17
LOL, my battlelog is now in Russian... Nice addon !!!
And if you do... Don't blame me, I have warned you...
BrainFooLong
2012-01-25 06:26
THE BIGGEST UPDATE (Version 1.1):

Today, the currently biggest update is released :-)
I worked hard in the last 2 weeks to make the better battlelog even more better, in all parts.
The news bellow are a bit long, but it's worth reading.

PS: I still search for somebody that can make a fine tiny tutorial/preview Video of BBLog in english. Just contact me. The video is inserted into BBLog Startpage.

===
Originalnews:
Today, another big update is released. Many addon improvements like rewrite of translation engine to support better translations.
Another upcoming milestone is the future Russian language support. Now the website and the addon contain Russian translations. Very big thanks goes out to Des3r7_Eag1e, the Russian translator. If the new language is available, than we let you know it.
Let us talk about the new features. There is now a "Favored Threads" feature where you can manage your favored threads to ever know what threads are important for you.
A new feature "Auto-Update Serverlist" is now included in the point "Minor Improvements". You can enable this feature in the extended settings of this point.
These updates the server list every time you change a filter setting.
Also under this main point is a new feature "Award Improvements". Often wished improvements like better overview of Medals and Ribbons added - Goto FAQ Site to see all what this option does.
In Forum Posts it's now possible to replace all image links with inline images, activated in Board Improvements -> Inline Images.
Maybe someone knows that it is possible to add own graphics to platoon emblem - Now we integrated it into BBLog.
Just a goody, on weapon detail pages there are now tiny sight videos for every vision.
At least there are some bugfixes and improvements in the addon, especially in contextmenu for quote selected text and a option to enable a delayed contextmenu.
One last important thing is that BBLog log some statistic data - Goto download page to see what it's exactly mean.
Hopefully you have fun with this update.

Changelog:
- rewrite of translation engine
- fixed contextmenu bugs with selection over multiple lines
- added option to enable delayed context menu
- added favorite threads list
- added autosave server filters
- added some award improvements
- added inline images in forum posts
- added some award improvements
- added platoon image upload
- added sight videos to weapon details (goody)
===
TommyMiland
NO Enlisted: 2011-12-06
2012-01-25 08:43
DJ-Brainnrg said:
- added inline images in forum posts
Thank you for implementing this function! I made the request (tmiland) :-)
Join The Norwegian Battlefield Community @ http://www.nbfc.no
BrainFooLong
2012-01-25 10:45
No Problem :-) Have Fun with it.