BF3 multiple computers same connection crash FIX

KIA_PETE
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-01-14 15:12 , edited 2012-01-14 15:54 by KIA_PETE
So me and a mate have been trying to run battlefield 3 on 2 different computers on the same internet connection (obv we both own our own copy of bf3) every time i join his game or hes trys to join my game 1 of us crashes with various errors (kicked from EA, lost connection to server) I heard this problem mostly happens on superhubs , modem router combos. I've tried forwarding ports which didnt work.

So this is the solution we came up with till a proper fix is implemented

If your smart phone, mobile phone has Wifi Hosting or usb tethering any thing that can turn your phone in to a router, have 1 computer connected to the internet how you normaly do it, then connect your phone to your wifi then connect the other computer to your phone for me has stopped it crashing completely Its not ideal but hopfully should get you and your house mates on the same servers!

Hope this helps some people
BLSmith2112
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-12-09 00:46
Its been almost a year and EA has proven not to give a shit about their customers.
X-Klens
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-01-18 10:28
Hi,

We LAN-partied yesterday for a whole day of BF3. We've done this before, and didn't have any problems. Tried it yesterday, exactly the same problem. The difference was that we did this now on a location where we had never LAN-partied BF3 before.

After an hour an a half of trying just about anything, we figured it out!. What we did: disable the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) Setting on you modem/router device. After that, didn't have the problem at all any more.

It took us a while, because at the start of the day, we played for almost 3 hours without any problems.They started out of the blue. So don't let it fool you. Check the UPnP(Universal Plug and Play) Setting on your modem/router device and disable it!!

Happy gaming!
X-Klens
Starbusta
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-01-18 10:31
KIA_PETE said:
So me and a mate have been trying to run battlefield 3 on 2 different computers on the same internet connection (obv we both own our own copy of bf3) every time i join his game or hes trys to join my game 1 of us crashes with various errors (kicked from EA, lost connection to server) I heard this problem mostly happens on superhubs , modem router combos. I've tried forwarding ports which didnt work.

Hope this helps some people

easy way

UPnP - Router:

1. Log into your modem / router.
2. Turn OFF UPNP.

Turn off PC UPnP Service:

1. Press: Windows-button (the one between lAlt and lCtrl) + R, a window should pop up.
2. Write: "services.msc" (without the ") then press enter.
3. In the list of services, scroll down to "UPnP Device Host", click it and press "Stop service".
4. Now do the same thing but with the service "SSDP Discovery".
5. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under "network discovery" select to turn off network discovery
6. SAVE CHANGE
Google is your friend