Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

I found what's causing the loading screen bug

hLVE
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-01-21 11:18
I kept getting it the other night so I decided to investigate what it was looking for (using processmon). and low and behold... I've figured out what's causing that damn loading screen bug that's been haunting a lot of us on map change.

http://www.picsend.net/images/600567BNPKNKJCRPVSZEY.jpg [picsend.net]

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd. It's surprisingly a write/read error to two PunkBuster DLLS. dynamically created on map start I'm assuming? I haven't really figured out what to do with this newly found knowledge other than reinstall PunkBuster...

Figured I'd share my progress with it as every other thread is just people :('ing like I was.
Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - i5 3570K @ 3.80GHz - 8GB DDR3
D4ISY_CUTTER
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-01-21 11:26 , edited 2012-02-01 11:21 by D4ISY_CUTTER
Alt-tabing out & back in doesn't kick it along?

Make sure you have the Administrator account on your pucomter.

Check the integrity with pbsvc?
This space intentionally left blank.
TekHousE
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-01-21 11:26
Interesting..good find.
bossdonut
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-01-21 11:28
hLVE said:
I kept getting it the other night so I decided to investigate what it was looking for (using processmon). and low and behold... I've figured out what's causing that damn loading screen bug that's been haunting a lot of us on map change.

http://www.picsend.net/images/600567BNPKNKJCRPVSZEY.jpg [picsend.net]

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd. It's surprisingly a write/read error to two PunkBuster DLLS. dynamically created on map start I'm assuming? I haven't really figured out what to do with this newly found knowledge other than reinstall PunkBuster...

Figured I'd share my progress with it as every other thread is just people :('ing like I was.

keylogger
hLVE
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-01-21 11:33 , edited 2012-01-21 11:33 by hLVE
D4ISY_CUTTER said:
Alt-tabing out & back in doesn't kick it along?
Some have reported that as a fix... however I don't think they're the same bug. Those who are able to kick themselves back into the game that way were probably just loading very slow... whereas the bug I'm familiar with leaves me having to restart the game.

D4ISY_CUTTER said:
Make sure you have the Administrator account on your pucomter.
I disable UAC, and I'm only user account (administrator) on my comp. ;].

TekHousE said:
Interesting..good find.
Thank you :)!

bossdonut said:
key logger
trolling this early? :3

---
I'd love to see what the people who are experiencing this have in common with each other that might be in relation to the crash.
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
CPU / Motherboard: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 / Gigabyte EP43-UD3L
RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-6-6-18)
Graphics: 1024MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (nVidia)
Audio: Logitech G930 Headset
Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - i5 3570K @ 3.80GHz - 8GB DDR3
TekHousE
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-01-21 11:50
I started mine up (Process Monitor) and will run it to see what it finds.
D4ISY_CUTTER
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-01-21 11:52 , edited 2012-01-21 11:52 by D4ISY_CUTTER
edit
This space intentionally left blank.
hLVE
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-01-31 05:11
Bump
Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - i5 3570K @ 3.80GHz - 8GB DDR3
Popehappycat
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-01-31 05:14
D4ISY_CUTTER said:
Alt-tabing out & back in doesn't kick it along?

Make sure you have the Administrator account on your pucomter.

Check the integrity with pbsetup?

Holy shit, best typo ever.
hLVE
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-01-31 05:35
LOL i didn't even see that.
Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - i5 3570K @ 3.80GHz - 8GB DDR3
Popehappycat
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-01-31 05:38
PUCOMTER

It's even fun to say to yourself.
hLVE
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-02-01 07:11 , edited 2012-02-01 07:12 by hLVE
PUCOMPTER.

I wonder if this punkbuster bug was fixed with the update yesterday. o.o
Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - i5 3570K @ 3.80GHz - 8GB DDR3
VforVash
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-02-01 07:15
hLVE said:
PUCOMPTER.


google autocorrect:

Did you mean: ROCAWEaR
www.ragegamers.net
D4ISY_CUTTER
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-02-01 07:18 , edited 2012-02-01 07:18 by D4ISY_CUTTER
You guys making fun of my dyxelsia...?

That file should be in Appdata I think, not the game folder.

Try copying it over from there.
This space intentionally left blank.
hLVE
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-02-01 08:57 , edited 2012-02-01 08:58 by hLVE
D4ISY_CUTTER said:
You guys making fun of my dyxelsia...?

That file should be in Appdata I think, not the game folder.

Try copying it over from there.

Eh. It's all in good fun. But dislexia is difficulty to read, not spell lol.

but as far as file placement... I already have the PBSV.dll in the directory it was queuing it in.

http://www.picsend.net/images/908672TGBEXIIVLFMMRFK.jpg [picsend.net]

I mean, I could try copying all the files from the appdata / local / pb / bf3 folder into the program files / bf3 / pb folder and see if that fixes anything.
Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - i5 3570K @ 3.80GHz - 8GB DDR3
Lyran99
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-01 09:18
PUCOMTER
hLVE
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-02-01 09:20
Lyran99 said:
PUCOMTER

http://goo.gl/AvHgK [goo.gl]

bahaha.
Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - i5 3570K @ 3.80GHz - 8GB DDR3
THe700k
IL Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-02-01 09:24
hLVE said:
D4ISY_CUTTER said:
You guys making fun of my dyxelsia...?

That file should be in Appdata I think, not the game folder.

Try copying it over from there.
Eh. It's all in good fun. But dislexia is difficulty to read, not spell lol.

but as far as file placement... I already have the PBSV.dll in the directory it was queuing it in.

http://www.picsend.net/images/908672TGBEXIIVLFMMRFK.jpg [picsend.net]

I mean, I could try copying all the files from the appdata / local / pb / bf3 folder into the program files / bf3 / pb folder and see if that fixes anything.
dont whant to steer off but it is also a problem with spelling
hLVE
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-02-01 09:26
700k said:
dont whant to steer off but it is also a problem with spelling

(tell me that was on purpose. :P.)

but yeah, I guess you're right. It has to do with writing and reading. So Spelling is ... effected.

but PUCOMTER?
Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - i5 3570K @ 3.80GHz - 8GB DDR3
Apocalyptic69
Enlisted: 2012-01-27
2012-02-01 09:31
the link OP posted? Keylogger?