FIX Punkbuster Kick : Communication Failure

HK11E
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-01-31 21:35
sifLord1 said:
going to evenbalnce and resolving your problems by either following the instructions there, or filling out a support ticket...

Nice idea, but if you have been there yourself, you will know there is no solution to our problems as mentioned. So this is USELESS advice!

Thanks.....
D4ISY_CUTTER
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-02-01 08:38
Sif you know why I think that 'fix' might work for some, because if you do a stand-alone install it puts parts into the system folder rather instead of AppData.
This space intentionally left blank.
masturb8or
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-02 23:22
Go to C:\Users\UsrName\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BF3\pb\"
set permissions on PnkBstrA.exe to run as admin
copy to C:\windows\system32
make sure permissions are the same.

worked for me
HK11E
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-02-03 15:32
masturb8or......sorry bud, but can you explain in simple terms the above, cus Im thick. Need more detail to what you mean exactly.
cheers
Noeppel77
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-02-03 18:20
what helped in my case:
i deleted the pb folders in appdata and the bf3 folder
uninstalled pb with the tool from evenbalance.com
>>ran origin and bf3 as admin (it MAY have to do with that. i remember a similar issue with punkbuster when you didn't run bf2 as an admin)
installed pb

before that i tried everything this guy (scroll down a bit) proposed:
attention, it's in german
http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=971383&page=59 [computerbase.de]
basic steps:
-delete everything pb related
- windows+R -> "services.msc" -> search PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB ->set to automatic startup
-at "recovery" (hope this is the proper translation, look at the pictures in the linked thread) set PnkBstrA/B to restart if they should have an error
-windows+R again -> "wf.msc" -> set rules and allow bf3.exe/pnkbstra.exe/pnkbstrb.exe

even before that i set up my router for upnp and opened the proposed ports. i think the issue is related to admin rights though, but this is just speculation.