Why can't I move for ages after being revived?

CoD_Is_Number_1
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-02-26 15:26
I get revived, my idiot of a character gets up and stands there. Can't shoot, can't move. Can look around, then slowly he'll move.

So basically I'm either forced into an endless cycle of die/revive/die/revive as I try to salvage the death, or I have to just respawn.

Who at DICE thought this was a good idea? Let those that get revived just stand there like utter morons getting shot at?

Change this so we can move as soon as we get revived please.
POSTMAN PAT IN CINEMAS MAY 2014 (UK) Quality is our number one priority™ - DICE, March 2014
DoctorHellfire
US Enlisted: 2011-12-25
2012-02-26 15:28
This is one of my biggest complaints with the game. It can make being revived a pain in the @$$. Its like you are stuck in a tar pit for a few seconds after you are revived, making you an easy target.
p4-aiming_Kenny
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-02-26 15:30
its good as its now, u both ever played bf2? This was way more frustating than now, because you couldnt do anything against it
metrik_gbg
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-02-26 15:38 , edited 2012-02-26 15:39 by metrik_gbg
I know this is not a fix to your problem, but what I have started doing is once you are revived, you hold your jump button to accept the revive until your character starts the "get up"-animation and then I hit prone immediately to go back to the ground. You will still be immobile but you will be much harder to hit (especially if you died behind cover); then you can proceed to do whatever you like once the "tar pit-effect" has worn off.

This could be especially effective once the patch hits and transitioning from prone to standing up and crouching will be faster.