Windows 8 and Punkbuster kicks

LakituDaioh
BR Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-02 02:11 , edited 2012-03-02 02:13 by LakituDaioh
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'LakituDaioh' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

Every match.Tried to play Bad Company 2, same issue. Tried to use pbsetup to update, and it remains the same.
Y0L0Mc5VV4GG0T
NZ Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-02 02:56 , edited 2012-03-02 02:56 by Y0L0Mc5VV4GG0T
I guess the source of your problem is Windows 8. BFBC2, BF3 & PB does not support or fully support Windows 8 though.
Come to the PREMIUM Side, We Have Forum Signature! Asus P8Z68M-Pro | i7 2600K @4.4Ghz | MSI GTX 760 TF OC Ed | Corsair V Pro 16GB 2133Mhz | Samsung 840 Pro | Seagate SSHD 2TB |
LakituDaioh
BR Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-02 03:09
I had no problems with Punkbuster using the developer preview version, back on 2011 before BF3. This is silly.
Nephi_AZ
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-03-02 07:21
Same problem. Hopefully evenbalance will figure it out quickly enough.
aBomberNation
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-02 07:25
I knew this would happen. This is why I've held off on installing Windows 8. :(
PCTechnologist
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-04 00:22
EA/PB Fix this please. Another reason I like "the other online game service" all my games there are working fine.
llatigid
RU Enlisted: 2012-02-28
2012-03-09 23:40 , edited 2012-03-09 23:51 by llatigid
Uninstall PB from control panel. Reboot your PC. Then download PB services installer from http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe, [evenbalance.com] or go to your Origin folder and find where is installed Battlfield folder, then goto __Installer\punkbuster\redist, rightclick on pbsvc.exe file, select in context menu 'Propeties' and goto tab 'Compatibility' and check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: windows xp sp3 or windows 7'. Click 'apply' or 'ok'. And now just run file pbsvc.exe and install it.
Reboot PC after install.
It's all.
I use windows 8 consumer preview build 8250.
P.S.: If not work with pbsvc.exe file from origin folder, download and use file from http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe. [evenbalance.com]
prisel_i_pizdec
UG Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-09 23:52
sorry but is win 8 any good? it has a newer graphic system, any significant improvements?? thnx
llatigid
RU Enlisted: 2012-02-28
2012-03-10 00:11 , edited 2012-03-10 00:15 by llatigid
prisel_i_pizdec said:
sorry but is win 8 any good? it has a newer graphic system, any significant improvements?? thnx
Visual? New graphic looks like very good. Works fine. And metro style is great idea. I think, windows 8 in future be better than windows 7. To evaluate you better install it and test it. I did not notice the difference in games. (;
203Killa
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-10 04:32
I'm using the newest Windows 8,consumer preview and not one problem. Used PB updater from here. http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php [evenbalance.com] get the for all windows games version. Extract and run as admin. BF3,BFBC2,BF2,MOH,COD,Dirt3,Homefront and others run great. My pc RAPES Windows 8! Loves it! Runs fast!
UMP ︻气デ═ Top 40....HOOAH!
prisel_i_pizdec
UG Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-10 10:39
llatigid said:
prisel_i_pizdec said:
sorry but is win 8 any good? it has a newer graphic system, any significant improvements?? thnx
Visual? New graphic looks like very good. Works fine. And metro style is great idea. I think, windows 8 in future be better than windows 7. To evaluate you better install it and test it. I did not notice the difference in games. (;
ok thnx, actually i meant if the wddm 1.2 is any better, but i see now
L3royJenkins
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-08-11 04:37
llatigid said:
Uninstall PB from control panel. Reboot your PC. Then download PB services installer from http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe, [evenbalance.com] or go to your Origin folder and find where is installed Battlfield folder, then goto __Installer\punkbuster\redist, rightclick on pbsvc.exe file, select in context menu 'Propeties' and goto tab 'Compatibility' and check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: windows xp sp3 or windows 7'. Click 'apply' or 'ok'. And now just run file pbsvc.exe and install it.
Reboot PC after install.
It's all.
I use windows 8 consumer preview build 8250.
P.S.: If not work with pbsvc.exe file from origin folder, download and use file from http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe. [evenbalance.com]

this works great, didnt have to download anything just go to origin bf3 PB folder and run Punkbuster in compatibility mode windows 7
ViA150884
Enlisted: 2012-09-22
2012-09-25 08:49
Отлично работает на вин 8!!
Никакую совместимость не устанавливал!!
Этот стёб меня з.ёб, но я пою лишь только стёб!
iStabber
US Enlisted: 2012-09-15
2012-10-26 19:23 , edited 2012-10-26 21:21 by iStabber
I keep having the exact same issue as described above. No matter what game I get into, I get kicked out. Please get this fixed ASAP...

"Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'iStabber' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe"
ScotSoldier
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-10-26 23:48
Yep, same here. Installed Windows 8 and now im being kicked by Punkbuster for the same reason..
NinjaQuick
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-10-27 00:20
You need to use the real admin account:

net user administrator /active:yes

then log in with that account.

Freemium, now included in BBLOG.
Jalki-ion
DK Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-10-27 01:27
The above will disable the Store and probably other built in stuff
iStabber
US Enlisted: 2012-09-15
2012-10-27 02:34
OK so I followed this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8KTt59OAbU [youtube.com] and have been able to play without issue. Hope it works for those of you having the same problem. Good luck!
knightfourtwo
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-10-27 05:48
Great... upgraded to Win 8 and now I can't play BF3 because of this PB issue... EA fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VinceChe
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-10-27 14:24
check firewall rules for pnkbstra and b inbound and outbound mine only had inbound as private changed to public or all
run game as administrator,create a shortcut on desktop in properties under compatibility mode