Thread is locked.

Please? (colorblind compaint)

BakedPotatoGrip
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-07 13:57 , edited 2012-06-01 01:58 by BakedPotatoGrip
Colorblind mode confirmed for next patch!

*Please refrain from mindlessly bumping this thread, I do not want it locked. Post reasoning behind why you want it!*

I know there is a typo in the title, you don't have to tell me.
Yes, I have already sent this thread several times to the Battlefield Twitter page... So please stop asking me too.
YOU send it to the Battlefield Twitter if you want them to see it, again. :).

------------------------------
PC players have gotten colorblind options, and console players have not, that's a big problem.
If it wasn't added in just for PC players, it wouldn't be a big deal... But it was and is.

To the none colorblind player this isn't a problem, but for someone like me it is. (And MANY others...)
I'll admit, it doesn't ALWAYS have a huge effect on me playing, my colorblindness is very subtle compared to others, some can't even play the game at all because their case is so bad.
I'm fortunate I can still play, but it makes the game very hard to play sometimes.

Colorblind mode wouldn't just be popular with colorblind people! It seems to be easier on the eyes for people who aren't colorblind to look at as well. Making everything more noticable and what not. Or just because people prefer it over the default scheme. It would get used by more than just the actual colorblinds playing the game!
That is all.
------------------------------

Number of title updates without colorblind options on consoles - 2

Alex2351 said:
Denying the option to accommodate Colorblind people on consoles is like eliminating ramps for people in wheelchairs on public buildings, not nice and so easily fixed come on DICE get on it!
Youtube.com/MrMurderx1221 - My YouTube channel!
vwgolfa4
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-07 14:00
Even CoD / BlackOps had ColorBlind Options. Good luck!
BF4 - 114 Weapon, 3 Equipment, 6 Vehicle Mastery Dog Tags BF3 - 61 Weapon, 3 Equipment, 1 Vehicle Mastery Dog Tags
BakedPotatoGrip
2012-03-07 14:02
vwgolfa4 said:
Even CoD / BlackOps had ColorBlind Options. Good luck!

Thanks.
I will continue to make these threads till someone can tell me it has been added to the game.
All you have to do is change the colors of parts of the HUD, it probably would literally take a couple of minutes to add.
MrAwesome2011
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-07 14:06
'We are looking into it. No ETA.'

This is what they're gonna say if you want colorblind option for consoles.
Just Being Awesome. Founder of the M1911 Master Race.
BakedPotatoGrip
2012-03-07 14:09
MrAwesome2011 said:

No one cares enough to jump on the bandwagon, so I guess you're right.
You would think people might give 2 shits about something that should be standard in any game.
Metromental
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-03-07 14:09
compain all you want, it's not gonna happen :(
Lukezordz
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-20
2012-03-07 14:11
Bump. I'm not colour blind but it's a nice addition for the many that are.
This message was brought to you by someone better than you.
MrAwesome2011
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-07 14:11
mrmurderx1221 said:
MrAwesome2011 said:

No one cares enough to jump on the bandwagon, so I guess you're right.
You would think people might give 2 shits about something that should be standard in any game.

But my biggest question is: Why they added for PC and not the consoles? What's the hold up? COD had it, on both PC and consoles at the same time.
Just Being Awesome. Founder of the M1911 Master Race.
BakedPotatoGrip
2012-03-07 14:12
Metromental said:
compain all you want, it's not gonna happen :(

PC has it, they had it patched it at that.
Till I hear a valid reason to why we are refused this, I will continue to make these threads once this one dies out like me other 2.
WindsOfHate
FI Enlisted: 2011-11-06
2012-03-07 14:15
i support this and i am not colorblind myself
i think people deserve these kinda options i understand it might take a while to be added but please dice there are people need these options :3 please! <3
Metromental
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-03-07 14:16
I'll back you up, I would love to have the colorblind option and I don't see why consoles are stripped of this option. Every aspect of this game seems to favor the PC community, we're still waiting on secondhand patches that went to PC ages ago, our server browses suck along with squad stability and team balancing.

I just fear you're wasting your time and effort making thread after thread when they simply don't care and refuse to listen or even comment.
BakedPotatoGrip
2012-03-07 14:18
Metromental said:
I'll back you up, I would love to have the colorblind option and I don't see why consoles are stripped of this option. Every aspect of this game seems to favor the PC community, we're still waiting on secondhand patches that went to PC ages ago, our server browses suck along with squad stability and team balancing.

I just fear you're wasting your time and effort making thread after thread when they simply don't care and refuse to listen or even comment.

If enough people jump on the bandwagon and notice this as a true issue, just as important as fixing frag rounds, it will get in the next patch with any luck.
iisthestig
AU Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2012-03-07 14:19
Lukezordz said:
Bump. I'm not colour blind but it's a nice addition for the many that are.
BROKENARROW1960
US Enlisted: 2011-11-14
2012-03-07 14:20
WindsOfHate said:
i think people deserve these kinda options i understand it might take a while to be added but please dice there are people need these options :3 please! &lt;3

What he said,

Bump
Before you insult my stats, my play style, or anything that may be represented in my profile, take a moment to realize that I don't really care about anything in the stats page, and you are laughable for taking the time to examine my stats that closely
BakedPotatoGrip
2012-03-07 14:26
BROKENARROW1960 said:
WindsOfHate said:
i think people deserve these kinda options i understand it might take a while to be added but please dice there are people need these options :3 please! &amp;lt;3
What he said,

Bump

The bumping helps :D
If DICE actually reads this stuff, they'd have a better chance of seeing if it's on the front page.
teknoandy001
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-26
2012-03-07 14:38
yeah i seen alot of posting about colourblind mode, even the occasional post from a dice employee saying its getting looked at..

personally i wouldnt expect it, seems like ya can patch pc games with these kind of things alot easier, and cheaper i imagine

i would love to actually play this game for once and be able to see what i'm doing, dont think it'll help me too much, but it would be nice for once in the 21st century to play a video game with an option to help me and ma visual disability

i'm not sure if mw3 has it - but i know black ops has, and as ya can see with dice focusing on call of duty style dlc with this close quarters pack coming out, ya may as well play cod.
killemgood666
US Enlisted: 2012-01-27
2012-03-07 14:50
not color blind but i feel for you as i am very hard of hearing so here is to you bumpity bump bump
It is not a matter of if I will kill you... It's a matter of when I will kill you.
Finding_Beacon
Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-03-07 14:50 , edited 2012-03-07 14:51 by Finding_Beacon
i'm not color blind but i will bump this for you.
Pre-ordered BF4 for the PC, considering the purchase of a PS4.
iamstr8fire
US Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2012-03-07 14:51
I support this message.
BakedPotatoGrip
2012-03-07 14:55
teknoandy001 said:
yeah i seen alot of posting about colourblind mode, even the occasional post from a dice employee saying its getting looked at..

personally i wouldnt expect it, seems like ya can patch pc games with these kind of things alot easier, and cheaper i imagine

i would love to actually play this game for once and be able to see what i'm doing, dont think it'll help me too much, but it would be nice for once in the 21st century to play a video game with an option to help me and ma visual disability

i'm not sure if mw3 has it - but i know black ops has, and as ya can see with dice focusing on call of duty style dlc with this close quarters pack coming out, ya may as well play cod.

Yes, MW3 is colorblind friendly.
Maybe that's the approach I need to take when arguing the subject... HEY! EA! You want BF to beat CoD, right? Well even Call of Doop Doop has had colorblind mode for the past 2 games!

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.