Battlefield 3 GPU usage

M3ntoR96
PL Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-03-21 15:50
Hey soldiers

I've got a little bit of problem in Battlefield 3. Not excacly with playing, coz I'm awesome ;D but i mean i have problem with stuttering.
I had read many solutions, I did all what the said...

There was a moment when the game run smooth as hell but now i have a problem again. I've noticed that GPU usage jumps as hell. From 20% to 100% then 70% then again 10% and then 80%. It's really strange. I tried to disable Hyperthreating but i have a laptop so i do not have got such option in my BIOS.
Only option in BIOS, i have got is "Intel SpeedStep(tm)" I don't know if I should turn it off?

I did a trick with msconfig and boot, where I enabled "GPU numbers" option, It helped a little but it's not as smooth as it should be.

My PC is MSI GT683 laptop

i5-2430M @ 2,4
GTX560
8 gb DDR3

Please help!
M4ZT3K_EU
IT Enlisted: 2011-11-14
2012-03-21 15:51
what version driver you use?
AMD FX 8320 + COOLER MASTER SEIDON120V R9 270X SAPPHIRE DUAL X OC 8 gb ddr3 1600mhz CORSAIR headset termaltake shock pad roccato taito mouse roccat kova + 3200 dpi ( using 800 dpi )
YourMasDA
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-21 15:52
The 560 is your problem and the fact your using a laptop is the real problem there!
Thanks for the cheaps!
ChrisXTre
FI Enlisted: 2012-01-06
2012-03-21 15:56
M3ntoR96 said:
Hey soldiers

I've got a little bit of problem in Battlefield 3. Not excacly with playing, coz I'm awesome ;D but i mean i have problem with stuttering.
I had read many solutions, I did all what the said...

There was a moment when the game run smooth as hell but now i have a problem again. I've noticed that GPU usage jumps as hell. From 20% to 100% then 70% then again 10% and then 80%. It's really strange. I tried to disable Hyperthreating but i have a laptop so i do not have got such option in my BIOS.
Only option in BIOS, i have got is "Intel SpeedStep(tm)" I don't know if I should turn it off?

I did a trick with msconfig and boot, where I enabled "GPU numbers" option, It helped a little but it's not as smooth as it should be.

My PC is MSI GT683 laptop

i5-2430M @ 2,4
GTX560
8 gb DDR3

Please help!

Sure it's not the GTX 560M?
M3ntoR96
PL Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-03-21 15:58 , edited 2012-03-21 16:00 by M3ntoR96
I've got the newest drivers

immune_cfg said:
The 560 is your problem and the fact your using a laptop is the real problem there!

Dude i do not want to have 1235313213 Frames per Second, I just want to have still 40-50 FPSs with no stuttering becouse it's annoying.
For me it's like this: I play, and all the time have 40-50 FPSs on ultra details, but sometimes game just stutter but frame rate is the same all the time -_-
And I've seen a guy playing it on youtube with the same laptop on the same settings without stuttering issue


EDIT
It is GTX560M but it's not a difference beetwen normal GTX560. It's just smaller
MrRiot94
NL Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2012-03-21 16:02
M3ntoR96 said:
I've got the newest drivers

immune_cfg said:
The 560 is your problem and the fact your using a laptop is the real problem there!

Dude i do not want to have 1235313213 Frames per Second, I just want to have still 40-50 FPSs with no stuttering becouse it's annoying.
For me it's like this: I play, and all the time have 40-50 FPSs on ultra details, but sometimes game just stutter but frame rate is the same all the time -_-
And I've seen a guy playing it on youtube with the same laptop on the same settings without stuttering issue


EDIT
It is GTX560M but it's not a difference beetwen normal GTX560. It's just smaller

You know tot a mobile version of a card most likely wil be 2,5 times worse than the normal version?
Guovssohas
NO Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2012-03-21 16:02
Is it overheating?
SpirosRonto
GR Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-03-21 16:02 , edited 2012-03-21 16:03 by SpirosRonto
M3ntoR96 said:
It is GTX560M but it's not a difference between normal GTX560. It's just smaller
no the mobile version is always worse
i5 3570k 3.6GHz Sapphire HD7950 Dual-X 8GB Ram 1866MHz Corsair DDR3 Asrock z77 extreme4 windows 8 64 bit
D4ISY_CUTTER
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-21 16:03
M3ntoR96 said:
it's not a difference just smaller

lol
This space intentionally left blank.
M3ntoR96
PL Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-03-21 16:03
SpirosRonto said:
M3ntoR96 said:
I've got the newest drivers


It is GTX560M but it's not a difference beetwen normal GTX560. It's just smaller
no the mobile version is always worse


Sorry buddy, but is not true. I TOLD YOU, that i have STILL 50 FPSs, sometimes on smaller maps even 70! but my games stutter without frame rate drops. U get it?
SpirosRonto
GR Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-03-21 16:06
M3ntoR96 said:
SpirosRonto said:
M3ntoR96 said:
I've got the newest drivers


It is GTX560M but it's not a difference beetwen normal GTX560. It's just smaller
no the mobile version is always worse
Sorry buddy, but is not true. I TOLD YOU, that i have STILL 50 FPSs, sometimes on smaller maps even 70! but my games stutter without frame rate drops. U get it?
no i just said that a gtx 560m is not gtx 560
it is worse in performance
as for the shutter problem-many have it
i5 3570k 3.6GHz Sapphire HD7950 Dual-X 8GB Ram 1866MHz Corsair DDR3 Asrock z77 extreme4 windows 8 64 bit
Flapdr0l1337
Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-03-21 16:06
a 560m gets about 2000 points in 3dmark 11, a 560 gets 4000+ I believe.
Guovssohas
NO Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2012-03-21 16:06
M3ntoR96 said:
SpirosRonto said:
M3ntoR96 said:
I've got the newest drivers


It is GTX560M but it's not a difference beetwen normal GTX560. It's just smaller
no the mobile version is always worse
Sorry buddy, but is not true. I TOLD YOU, that i have STILL 50 FPSs, sometimes on smaller maps even 70! but my games stutter without frame rate drops. U get it?

It could be overheating

Or you have lots of programs running in the background

Or it could also be a virus
Franktato
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-03-21 16:08
immune_cfg said:
The 560 is your problem and the fact your using a laptop is the real problem there!

You are an idiot and should not be allowed to post. Simple as that. Understand your hardware before you post.

The GTX 560 runs this game on HIGH just fine. DICE has said it, geforce.com has said it, and respected review sites have said it. Get on Youtube and check the videos of this card.

I OWN a GTX 560 (non Ti) and could run everything on HIGH with no issues. I recently bought another to SLi them and the performance is pretty awesome for these little cards.

The GTX 560 is 100% stable and has no issues. The GTX 560 Ti is the card that is having issues with BF3.

The GTX 560 is just fine for BF3 unless you think you need 90+ FPS which is just pointless.
I7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz, Z87 Asus Sabertooth M/B, x2 EVGA GTX 780 Ti's Classified, Corsair 32gb 1866 RAM, x5 Intel 520 240GB Cherryville SSD's, Corsair AX1200i Plus PSU, Corsair H100i CPU cooler, COSMOS II case, 55" LED tv@1920x1080, and x2 32" additional screen.
M3ntoR96
PL Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-03-21 16:09
Nothing from your list buddy ;(

TEMP is around 75C

No running programs ;) only origin

Virus, I've just win a fight with one nasty sonofab**ch ;)
AlcolX
IT Enlisted: 2012-02-20
2012-03-21 16:11
You can try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbTKA5ioYcs [youtube.com] but i don't know if work
D4ISY_CUTTER
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-21 16:13 , edited 2012-03-21 16:15 by D4ISY_CUTTER
Elite_Troll said:
You are an idiot and should not be allowed to post. Simple as that. Understand your hardware before you post.

M

560M

You are an idiot and should not be allowed to post. Simple as that. Understand your hardware before you post.
This space intentionally left blank.
Guovssohas
NO Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2012-03-21 16:14
75c is perfectly fine. Hmm, you could try driver sweeper and them reinstall the latest drivers?
mazzachief
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-03-21 16:17
my hd7950 oc version runs it perfect with ultra and 4xaa
i dont get your problems?
Roadrunner33m
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-03-21 16:18
This card works great in my tower and you have a better cpu and memory. dont overclock it..! "it Really dont like it much in my well cooled tower so your laptop should have a very good cooling mat" mine was overheating with the fan buzzing on max with just a little OC. 810hz is about it m8. also try high to low settings with mesh on ultra. a few people have said this worked.