Thread is locked.

Renting Server Rules (Good Idea to Read)

miamiblue
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-30 16:16
Canuck you might want to make this a sticky:

I don't think this has been posted on the console forums, but if you rent a server there are rules you need to follow:

Examples of abuse include, but are not limited to:

Playing on restricted kit servers (knife, shock, and pistol only)
Taking turns killing, reviving, receiving ammo, etc.
Abusing world geometry to your advantage without risk
Exploiting vehicle damage to repair indefinitely
Creating a play environment which, by definition or action, creates an inflated scoring scenario

Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:

Running knife / pistol-only servers
Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule

https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct [help.ea.com]
Boycey08
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-03-30 16:19
These rules should be made visible before you're even allowed to think about renting a server

The fact that you've got to go searching for them stinks of EA being the unscrupulous money grabbers we know them to be

It's far too much to ask that BF3 related rules be placed on Battlelog, instead of having them hidden on the EA website that you don't need to visit to rent a server

See what I'm getting at?
miamiblue
2012-03-30 16:21
That is a good point! I think before renting they do ask if you've read the User Agreement or something along those lines.... but com'on who reads 50 plus pages of small print?
But this should be brought to an Admin's attention before renting.
Ug0tRoI3bed
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-30 16:25
you cant ban any weapons
AeQuiTaS_22_X
2012-03-30 16:28
Those are stupid rules anyway, why shouldn't I be allowed to rent a server and run metro with no shotguns. According to the rules you can ban people for base raping but not using shotguns, which means you're allowed to kick people for being good but you can't customize the game the way you want to. These rules are ridiculous. But anyway there are ways around them. Just don't tell people you're banning them for shotgun use and no one can prove why you banned them.
Criticalfrimmel
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-30 16:31 , edited 2012-03-30 16:31 by Criticalfrimmel
I'm staying away from the whole rent a server thing because of what was mentioned in this thread -- no clear explanation of what the rules and code of conduct are in the news section of this website or on the blog. I'm not inclined much in the first place but much less so without clear guidelines.
Pr0ph3cyX117
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-30 16:33
doesn't say anything about Sniper Only servers BOOYA!
AeQuiTaS_22_X
2012-03-30 16:37
qwickkiller said:
doesn't say anything about Sniper Only servers BOOYA!
That would be restricting kits and weapons, its against the rules.
SK0ALdier
Enlisted: 2012-02-02
2012-03-30 16:40
This is a joke right? "Hey rent our servers but don't change anything!"
Lrishjake
2012-03-30 16:54
Legal team.. grrrr! Always covering their arse.

Has anyone heard of banning or stat wiping in regards to this yet? Because my thoughts are who cares if they do not "enforce" it?
USMC veteran ☦
GusPlus
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-03-30 17:00
xaquitasx said:
Those are stupid rules anyway, why shouldn't I be allowed to rent a server and run metro with no shotguns. According to the rules you can ban people for base raping but not using shotguns, which means you're allowed to kick people for being good but you can't customize the game the way you want to. These rules are ridiculous. But anyway there are ways around them. Just don't tell people you're banning them for shotgun use and no one can prove why you banned them.

Those rules aren't stupid, it's to prevent stat padding and boosting. You actually CAN rent a server and run Metro while only allowing Defibs if you want to; it just has to be UNRANKED. DICE/EA aren't preventing people from playing fun, interesting, new, crazy ways to play the game--they're just preventing those fun, interesting, new, crazy ways from affecting the way stats are perceived. Don't you remember all the wailing and lamenting and gnashing of teeth when Server Renting was first released, from everyone on the forums saying that stats would be meaningless? Well, this is a way for everyone to have their cake and eat it too.
Saeari_Atzfel
Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-03-30 17:06
I don't really see why it's against the ToS to make like pistol only servers. So long as the fact that it's a pistol only server and anyone who joins KNOWS that it's pistol only it should be fine. The people chose to join a server like that anyways.

You can forget all that formal crap 'bout takin' me on one at a time, I'll take all you bitches at once! - Mugen, Samurai Champloo.
Let's have a nightmare; a nightmare of disaster!
Pixelpown
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-03-30 17:08
"such as flash bangs or C4"

There are flashbangs? 0_o
lucas8181
2012-03-30 17:09
A post from twitter:
can ADMIN ban anyone from their server for any reason?

@SgtEyedea YES. SERVER ADMINISTRATORS CAN KICK AND BAN PLAYERS FROM THEIR SERVERS.^SA
53 minutes ago

Eyedea‏@SgtEyedea

@Battlefield So i wont get in any trouble if i kick,ban a player i dont like?

@sgteyedea Your server your rules.^SA

Battlefield via twitter seems to disagree. I also spoke with the security guys today. They told me the exact same thing.
VEX_VEHIX
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-30 17:13
Wow....that is just DUMB!

Thanks for the info, bro.

Everyone would be ok with making rooms such as "Pistols/Knife only" if we didnt have so many fucking snitches crying and reporting to EA/DICE. GROW UP FFS!!

I swear, I never saw people run and cry to Zipper for people making these rooms with user created rules back in the day.

They need to ENFORCE the 18+ rating on this title and quit letting immature teens/childish adults ruin it for us MEN!

MAN UP AND GTF^!!! HOOAH!!
He who laughs, lasts. ( . _ .)
xBADMAGIKx
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-30 17:15
VEX_VEHIX said:
Wow....that is just DUMB!

Thanks for the info, bro.

Everyone would be ok with making rooms such as "Pistols/Knife only" if we didnt have so many fucking snitches crying and reporting to EA/DICE. GROW UP FFS!!

I swear, I never saw people run and cry to Zipper for people making these rooms with user created rules back in the day.

They need to ENFORCE the 18+ rating on this title and quit letting immature teens/childish adults ruin it for us MEN!

MAN UP AND GTF^!!! HOOAH!!
Relax man. I think what the TOS is saying that if you do weird games like knife only, you have to make sure it's UNRANKED.
KANNABIS
2012-03-30 17:17
Pixelpown said:
"such as flash bangs or C4"

There are flashbangs? 0_o

haha saw that and was like WTF
Finding_Beacon
Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-03-30 17:19 , edited 2012-03-30 17:21 by Finding_Beacon
xaquitasx said:
because they are RANKED. if you want RANKED servers , you need to follow the NORMAL RULES.

if you want a no-shotgun metro then make it UNRANKED and then you can have your all-knife or no shotgun shit.

and if you make no usas or no shotgun rules on a ranked server, you are getting reported and then things go ugly. period.
Pre-ordered BF4 for the PC, considering the purchase of a PS4.
OnePrarieOutpost
2012-03-30 17:25 , edited 2012-03-30 17:30 by OnePrarieOutpost
So if I rent a server for me and my friends... and it's MY server for however long... how would some random yahoo get in to be kicked or banned?! Are these rented servers on the public server list? I would be renting a server that some other schmoe can play on with out being financially invested? What the fuuhh???

Edit: So this is what happens when I react to the information before reading the information. The link from the OP is about using the DICE servers - not renting them. When you search RSP (rental server providers) there is nothing available. Another great example of shoot first, shoot second and third and then ask questions...
Blarg!
dɹɐǝ ʇʇɐʎʍ ~ „˙ןɐuıɟ sı ʎɔɐɹnɔɔɐ ʇnq ǝuıɟ sı pǝǝds„
VEX_VEHIX
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-30 17:26
AHHH, OK. So you may not create your own rules on a RANKED serve. GOT IT!!
He who laughs, lasts. ( . _ .)

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.