Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe , Help

FAT_KONAN
Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-09-11 12:08 , edited 2012-09-11 12:09 by FAT_KONAN
Im getting kicked even before I join a server and the battlelog kick reports s specifies "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'FAT_KONAN' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe"

Never had this before, re installed bf3, reinstalled PB, did manual install of the PB files, tried to Repair BF3 install, restarted computer....

Nothing works. I don't use antivirus , nothing is blocking my firewall.. etc

What is going on? Any word from DICE/EA / Evenbalance ?
mattyvio
IT Enlisted: 2012-09-03
2012-09-14 19:30
me too i have the same problem :\
Lucidiculous
CW Enlisted: 2012-06-10
2012-09-14 19:32
Nothing is blocking your firewall? Is this just bad English or do you not understand how a firewall works?

Turn your firewall off.
The post above may have been drunk, or not. I don't know.
Raniksdream13
Enlisted: 2012-04-18
2012-09-14 20:05
^ Troll

Having the Same problem, ever since a few days before AK released quiet a few people have been locked out, with little success to fix it.
Starbusta
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-09-14 20:17
firewall or a/v may be blocking pb, some a/v s detect pb updates as a virus and quarantine them so check this isnt the case
Google is your friend
Raniksdream13
Enlisted: 2012-04-18
2012-09-15 19:38
If it wasn't happening before and it is NOW....AFTER AK Update... so its probably the game, not the firewall.... This needs to be fixed ASAP, I payed and now I cant play, its like dangling a juicy steak over my head...just outside my reach.
GanjaTheKid
SE Enlisted: 2011-12-25
2012-09-15 20:35
i have the same problem ...right after update ...this has to be fix ...fast ....anybody knows how to contact support ???
argentilian
Enlisted: 2012-09-17
2012-09-17 22:42
i recently got the game did everything possible to try and fix it that's on all the forums...... anyone else got ideas?
NytexWulf
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-09-18 00:03
i have this too
UltimateRaindrop
Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2012-09-18 12:55
Got the same problem
screwloose11
GB Enlisted: 2012-09-18
2012-09-19 02:22 , edited 2012-09-22 18:44 by screwloose11
This is a joke payed £40 for this game i've done everything i can do to try and fix this including getting updates again which took hours. It's now 3:18am been at this since 6:pm i want EA to pay me for spending 9 hours trying to fix what would appear to be their problems.

(EDIT) I manged to fix it what i did was i deleted my PB folder in the main bf3 directory then i went to Progfilesx86/origingames/bf3/_installer/punkbuster/redist and ran pbsvc as admin let it do the test when complete download the punkbuster installer then install it add bf3 check for updates etc when all is done go to start search programms and files and type services open services and scroll down till you find pnkbstrA and pnkbstrB right click on both press stop and then start and your done really simple worked like a charm!

Punkbuster setup
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf3.php [evenbalance.com]
DowntownRiots
US Enlisted: 2012-10-05
2012-10-06 23:54
screwloose11 said:
This is a joke payed £40 for this game i've done everything i can do to try and fix this including getting updates again which took hours. It's now 3:18am been at this since 6:pm i want EA to pay me for spending 9 hours trying to fix what would appear to be their problems.

(EDIT) I manged to fix it what i did was i deleted my PB folder in the main bf3 directory then i went to Progfilesx86/origingames/bf3/_installer/punkbuster/redist and ran pbsvc as admin let it do the test when complete download the punkbuster installer then install it add bf3 check for updates etc when all is done go to start search programms and files and type services open services and scroll down till you find pnkbstrA and pnkbstrB right click on both press stop and then start and your done really simple worked like a charm!

Punkbuster setup

This one actually did it. I think for me though it was stopping and starting pnkbstrA and B. B in the first place was never running at all.
zackoso
Enlisted: 2012-10-15
2012-10-15 23:34
I dont have 'pnkbstrA' and B or nothing like that in 'Services'. I dont know what to do. Please, help.
Abudbim
BR Enlisted: 2011-11-29
2012-12-10 16:02
screwloose11 said:

Punkbuster setup

Worked here
Hellenic_D
Enlisted: 2012-12-31
2012-12-31 09:06
screwloose11 said:

Punkbuster setup

I did what you said and i managed to actually go into the map and play for a couple of minutes until i was kicked with the exact same mesaage... :(
Senskaie
Enlisted: 2011-12-29
2013-01-01 17:43
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Senskaie' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.ex

What do i have to do?
i see ppl with the same problem, but no anwsear! please help
it used to work fine, and i stoped for a few month, and now that 'im back i only see this message
the1andonlywolf
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-01-01 17:56
your friend will be here soon with the solution!! hold on!!
http://answers.ea.com Miracles we do right away, the impossible may take some time!!
theDokt0r
RS Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2013-01-01 18:22
Hi there

The problem occurs because the pba.exe is not running.

Solution:
For 64 bit systems go to C:\windows\syswow64 then look for pba.exe (PnkBstrA.exe)
For 32 bit systems go to C:\windows\System32 then look for pba.exe (PnkBstrA.exe)

-Run it as admin
-And then press open again
-Then you will get a short cmd screen
-Then you know its running
-Then go to Services and make PnkBstrA.exe run Automatic and Start the service.
-Apply the changes.

Your issue should be solved.

Regards
theDokt0r
DICE Friend - Community helper - Feedback Gatherer
NoelNoone
IE Enlisted: 2012-12-18
2013-01-01 22:07
WHAT DO U MEAN SERVICES ???? IM SOOOO LOST CANT SOMEONE EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT TO DO !!!!!!
humpstain
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-01-12 13:43
Abudbim said:
screwloose11 said:

Punkbuster setup
Worked here

this^^^^^^^