Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

4 players start

powerbits01
BE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-11-09 09:24
Dice why? to stop stats padding? do you have any idea how many empty servers you make by this stupid patch?
Please do something else and implement 1 player start back

Many thanks!
[url=http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/powerbits01][img]http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/0pW9I8GH/powerbits01.png[/img][/url]
EternalSeas
US Enlisted: 2011-11-26
2012-11-09 09:25
No no no, this is a good idea.
Forumfields lewdest Lamia. All lolis must have a tentacle pet. Coined the terms 'seasing' & 'mounting'. I also mount what I want so deal with it.
powerbits01
2012-11-09 09:26
yes good idea for other games, lol
[url=http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/powerbits01][img]http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/0pW9I8GH/powerbits01.png[/img][/url]
apex40000
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-11-09 09:49
Dice yes Why are you Worrying about STAT Padding, when you are rolling out DOUBLE xp every other week or so-- This alone is making people's stats FALSE to a point, where some people are resetting there stats for a LAUGH just to get 1900+SPM on their battlelog screen (and this score tend to last for at least the time of the double XP then is drops back again BUT the point is, if you are happy for people to get SPM of 1900+, why worry about 2 Sad people that play with themselves to get there weapon unlocks or there stats looking better---

Would it not make sense to HELP the server admin out by trying to make our life a little easier (maybe trying to combat the cheaters on the server rather than leaving it to others to sort that mess out) rather than harder because getting 2 quick joiners on the server is harder enough without help, let alone 4 players LOL ---

If someone can explain to me WHY trying to STOP STAT PADDING is such a BIG importance to BF3? Rather than not worrying about what this 4 player start effect has caused to about 70% of all the servers and in turn making our life’s harder Booo.
Rant Over
Death1099
US Enlisted: 2011-12-25
2012-11-09 10:12
apex40000 said:
Dice yes Why are you Worrying about STAT Padding, when you are rolling out DOUBLE xp every other week or so-- This alone is making people's stats FALSE to a point, where some people are resetting there stats for a LAUGH just to get 1900+SPM on their battlelog screen (and this score tend to last for at least the time of the double XP then is drops back again BUT the point is, if you are happy for people to get SPM of 1900+, why worry about 2 Sad people that play with themselves to get there weapon unlocks or there stats looking better---

Would it not make sense to HELP the server admin out by trying to make our life a little easier (maybe trying to combat the cheaters on the server rather than leaving it to others to sort that mess out) rather than harder because getting 2 quick joiners on the server is harder enough without help, let alone 4 players LOL ---

If someone can explain to me WHY trying to STOP STAT PADDING is such a BIG importance to BF3? Rather than not worrying about what this 4 player start effect has caused to about 70% of all the servers and in turn making our life’s harder Booo.
Rant Over

They should give Admins more tool to catch cheaters. Like a Battle recorder to catch cheaters. Could care less if someone is playing on a empty server.
Show me the Blue light. I need to relax. ERROR Could not join server (1) Thank you dice/ea. You make my life complete.
M16A3BF4
XK Enlisted: 2012-09-12
2012-11-09 10:14
apex40000 said:

Rant Over

didn't read.
Thanks for the suggestion! We appreciate it a lot!! ^PH. Thank you for the suggestions! This is all good stuff!! We will pass this along to the devs. ^PH. Locked for all caps. If you've reported him and things check clear, action will be taken. This thread is being locked.
powerbits01
2012-11-09 11:33
its handicapping the servers! is that short enough?
vl4mm3n
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-11-17 09:27
We pay big bucks for our 9 =DmgC= servers.
Now you make it impossible to get them started!
What did we do to you!?
NOVA-GOA
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-11-17 09:31 , edited 2012-11-17 09:32 by NOVA-GOA
vl4mm3n said:
We pay big bucks for our 9 =DmgC= servers.
Now you make it impossible to get them started!
What did we do to you!?

if you cant get 4 people in your server than somethings wrong. you dont need 1 or even 2 people to start cause if you do stat pad heaven get it.

what makes you think that one person to start accumulating stats is going to get your server going faster?? you people kill me. i like it how it is now like it used to be but now you can run around. much better and a big middle finger to the stat padders.
4930K @4.5GHz ASUS Rampage IV Formula EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC 3GB SLI Creative Labs Z Sound Card OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD Samsung 840 Pr0 256GB Corsair RM1000W 80 PLUS Gold Mushkin Redline 2133 16GB ASUS VG248QE @120Hz Lightboost SteelSeries Rival Optical Mouse Tritton PC510 HDA 5.1 SteelSeries 6Gv2
vl4mm3n
2012-11-17 09:38
Becouse when the fourth person joins, the round restarts.
Thats so f-ing irritating.
I can live with 2 player start, 4 is just to much...
53MT3X-11
2012-11-17 11:41
It's boring waiting for people that are going to stick around long enough to start a round.
Most get fed up and go join servers where the game is already half way done which I don't like doing. I prefer to see a game through from start to finish.

Can't do that now thanks to DICE. And I don't care what the nay sayers think.. There were a lot more servers coming to life when it was 2p start.
EA - Selling Half Built Games & Not Giving a Toss Since 1982
vandel39
GB Enlisted: 2012-06-11
2012-11-20 04:54 , edited 2012-11-20 04:55 by vandel39
i rented server and have struggled to get games started when it was 1 player now it 4 player start has totally killed my server and my buzz of having server for 1st time .very crap way to treat there customers. if we hired servers from bf3 i bet 1 player starts would be fineLOL
vandel39
Brengun888
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-11-20 05:03
Here is a copy of my post on another thread on the same lame subject...

IT IS A VERY LAZY way to fix a so-called stats pad issue. (I couldn't care less if some idiot wants to stat pad to get his rocks off)
Any 2 year old could work out a better way to fix their precious stats if they were really serious.
We all made suggestions last time but were ignored as we are being ignored again this time.

Here is a very simple and effective way to deal with stats padders/cheats: (This could be easily automated)
- A very simple database script that picks up anything that would be considered a riduculous stat (Any DB programmer could do this)
- Reset that game stat for that person on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd instance of that person being flagged and send a warning (1 should suffice, 3 is more than enough warnings)
- Reset that person's whole stats when picked up 4 or 5 times by the 1st script
- After 2 full stats wipes where they have been picked up and warned by the 2nd script with the abillity to reply, ban the player account.

It really isn't that hard.
making it a 4 player start was a lazy ineffective way to deal with stats padders and will NEVER fix it.
All it is doing is slowly killing the BF3 community in favour of selling a new upcomming product.
Hutchew
2012-11-28 13:59
Yeah, Thanks a lot, EA. 4 servers, 2 of which were ranked in the top 200 worldwide, sit empty now thanks to this. Guess it's time to go check out COD and not worry about making this month's server dues.
53MT3X-11
2012-11-28 14:11 , edited 2012-11-28 14:19 by 53MT3X-11
Brengun888 said:
Here is a copy of my post on another thread on the same lame subject...

IT IS A VERY LAZY way to fix a so-called stats pad issue. (I couldn't care less if some idiot wants to stat pad to get his rocks off)
Any 2 year old could work out a better way to fix their precious stats if they were really serious.
We all made suggestions last time but were ignored as we are being ignored again this time.

Here is a very simple and effective way to deal with stats padders/cheats: (This could be easily automated)
- A very simple database script that picks up anything that would be considered a riduculous stat (Any DB programmer could do this)
- Reset that game stat for that person on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd instance of that person being flagged and send a warning (1 should suffice, 3 is more than enough warnings)
- Reset that person's whole stats when picked up 4 or 5 times by the 1st script
- After 2 full stats wipes where they have been picked up and warned by the 2nd script with the abillity to reply, ban the player account.

It really isn't that hard.
making it a 4 player start was a lazy ineffective way to deal with stats padders and will NEVER fix it.
All it is doing is slowly killing the BF3 community in favour of selling a new upcomming product.

It's just like I said in another thread....
DICE are passing the honus on to server renters and effectively other players rather than address the matter and start banning these padder fools. If DICE/ EA actually did something about these padders and boosters there wouldn't be half as many people keen to do it.

2 Player starts aren't stopping the padders... They just move on to occupied servers and go boost in a corner somewhere and in doing so take up the slots of players who could be helping the team rather than themselves.

It's getting harder and harder to fill servers these days what with people leaving due to all the hackusations and DICE going mental and tweaking things that wern't even asked for etc. etc. There are now more servers than players and that is a fact. Never used to be like this but it seems everything DICE does to this game drives more and more people away.

80 - 90% of the UK CQ servers are empty most days and nights.. I know because I'm always refreshing the server list and only the night before last I was sat in my own server for over 5 hours without a single game taking place. Check my stats, I've not played a game for days because I've been trying to get people into my own server which has resulted in ZERO, count them DICE, ZERO games since renting the thing. Oh wait, tell a lie... 3 players came in while I was idle and away last night and had 1 game and were gone by the time I'd gotten back from what I was doing elsewhere. I earned a CQ ribbon..... WHoop whoop lucky me.

To the people worried about padders, why bother..? DICE doesn't. They'll happily let you pay for all the points and upgrades you want.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I'm convinced DICE are slowly killing BF3 off so people will flock to BF4 in hopes of it being better, and they will!
EA - Selling Half Built Games & Not Giving a Toss Since 1982
RINUSS
2013-01-05 07:44
Maby pay them a visit and trow a rock true their window with the message remove the 4 player start will help!
Playing without origin was never so easy! -- Don't slim the BF4 GSP List: http://goo.gl/rxlytq
TESTEFY-HD
2013-01-05 08:10
Please make your post here. hopefully they will listen

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/mohw/forum/threadview/2832654625347842556/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
Dice_Noobs
VA Enlisted: 2013-01-26
2013-03-19 17:43
It must be admin on the server to determine how many players need too start up the game..NOT DICE..Dice dont pay fore the server, so stop that stupid patch now !!!