i did that but when its loading the game it quits
Ok so you want to play the best mod ever made eh?
First, you need to install BF1942 in Origin. If you don't have it yet, go to http://origin.com
[origin.com] and find it in the Demos section.
Then, download the Desert Combat 0.7 installer and the 0.7 -> 0.8 (Final) update:
[fileplanet.com] <---- Also .8 link
When the installers ask you where to install, make sure you select the Battlefield 1942 directory inside Origin Games.
For most people this will be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942\
It can be different if you installed Origin somewhere else or you have a 32-bit OS.
Also, let the installer make desktop & Start Menu shortcuts since this is the only way to directly launch the mods.
Sometimes when you click on the Desert Combat shortcut it will ask for bf1942.exe , Just hit Browse and select it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942 .
Launch the game and you're good to go. You will need to do the same thing for .08 Patch but you needed 0.7 in first is all.
Forgotten Hope working on Origin? Impossible?! Well, today is your lucky day!
Installation Instructions: Follow these to the letter for maximum compatibility, and you will be playing FH in no time.
1. Download the FULL version of Forgotten Hope v7 from
2. Once all the files are finish downloading, you will notice that you are not able to run the exes. Until this is fixed, you will have to use Universal Extractor (I hear 7-zip works as well) to extract the files into individual folders.
3. Once you extract the files, you should have 3 folders, part 1, part 2, and part 3. Copy the contents of part 2 and 3 into part 1. Overwrite if necessary.
4. Move the mods folder from part 1 into your Battlefield 1942 folder.
5. Download this
Ignore the widescreen fix, copy the objects.rfa file into your FH/Archives folder and overwrite the other one.
6. Launch the game through your selected method, be it origin or a shortcut.
7. Use the tab in your server browser to select the mod that you have installed. All servers running that mod should show up.
Only a few servers are up at the moment, if you wish to join mine,
Forgotten Hope .7 ORIGIN
Your game should be working now, make sure you tweak your graphics setting and fix your resolution and FOV for a better experience