Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

Minimum players to start a server

Platypus_MK2
Enlisted: 2012-02-20
2012-11-13 18:26
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654787636097951/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Kinda late on making this thread but what evs.

So basically they changed the minimum player count to start a server from 2 to 4 to supposedly help stop boosting servers (yet they still exist).
The press release states that this is for ranked servers on all platforms yet they completely forgot to mention that this change applies to unranked and private servers as well!

What the heck does that accomplish? What does that positively benefit for the players?

Well I can tell you it definitely negatively affects quite a bit of players, at 1080 two of us usually jump into a server to record quick clips for our latest videos and now this completely throws a monkey wrench into our operations.

Now we have to find an additional 2 people to hop into a server and hope to god they stay out of the shot, or dont blow up any thing we might need for what were recording (which is surprisingly difficult, restarting a server to get a 5 second shot is beyond annoying).

According to a reddit post from an EA representative they wont be using getsatisfaction or other sites for feedback on this so were forced to use Battlelog to complain about this.

So either the 4 to start on unranked/private servers is a bug and needs to be fixed or its a really dumb idea that should be fixed just on principle lol. Come on Dice get on this .___.
IDaffyLad
IE Enlisted: 2011-12-29
2012-11-13 18:28
I don't know what i think of this yet tbh

You mad Bro?
AN-94 100SS ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) U Mirin' Bro??
FfC-Th3_Butch3r
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-11-13 18:28 , edited 2012-11-13 18:29 by FfC-Th3_Butch3r
I approve this thread and will summarize just in case...

The changes were only supposed to affect ranked servers, but they affected all. Now, minimum players in a match must be 4+ where previously it could be 2+.

This will not stop any boosters, and it wasn't supposed to affect private/unranked - but it has. So it has not hurt the bad, but has hurt the good players doing good things.

Anyone who records on a private server should be all over bumping this thread.
Firefight Company - www.firefightcompany.com | 1080 Pixel Gaming -http://www.youtube.com/user/1080PixelGaming
Nubskrub
US Enlisted: 2012-06-18
2012-11-13 18:30
It was meant to stop boosters.
But all of us know, it won't.
"Baddie Xbox can't even hold a lightning strike. Microsoft are you even trying?" - Batmon
J0NNY_F0REIGNER
IE Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2012-11-13 18:33 , edited 2012-11-13 18:34 by J0NNY_F0REIGNER
FfC-Th3_Butch3r said:

The changes were only supposed to affect ranked servers, but they affected all. Now, minimum players in a match must be 4+ where previously it could be 2+.

This will not stop any boosters, and it wasn't supposed to affect private/unranked - but it has. So it has not hurt the bad, but has hurt the good players doing good things.

It has achieved absolutely nothing only made populating a server very hard , I would also like to add that their attempt at fixing the server stability has actually made them worse , far more disconnections , and the server resetting it's self back to 8 or 16 players still happens.

There was actually a very big thread on reddit about this , but I can't find it ATM.

In fact just type 4 player start into the search and see how many thread there is complaining about this

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/search/creationDate/0/?q=4%20player%20start [battlelog.battlefield.com]
CoDwin's law (or CoDwin's Rule of CoD Analogies)is a Battlelog adage asserting that "As a Battlelog discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving CoD players or CoD approaches —​ that is, if a Battlelog discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to CoD or Cod Players.
FfC-Th3_Butch3r
2012-11-13 18:34 , edited 2012-11-13 18:35 by FfC-Th3_Butch3r
Will search

So fail. It won't stop anything.....matter of fact now these people will have 4 in their servers and can boost twice as fast. LOL

And the good people, do'n good things get boned.

We are not asking for them to change the number. We are asking them to deliver what the promised - these changes are for RANKED servers only. Unranked servers should not be touched, and 2 allowed - like their press release stated.
Firefight Company - www.firefightcompany.com | 1080 Pixel Gaming -http://www.youtube.com/user/1080PixelGaming
beaver_eh
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-11-13 18:34
I am cool with it being 4+ for ranked servers but I also use unranked servers to record and to show people things. I would really like private servers to go back to 2+
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / Intel i7-3770K @ 4.7GHz / Mushkin Blackline 4 x 4GB 1600 CAS 9 / ASUS GTX 660 Ti / Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD
J0NNY_F0REIGNER
2012-11-13 18:35 , edited 2012-11-13 18:36 by J0NNY_F0REIGNER
FfC-Th3_Butch3r said:
^ yeah man, we know........but it's fail. It won't stop anything.....matter of fact now these people will have 4 in their servers and can boost twice as fast.

And the good people, do'n good things get screwed.

We are not asking for them to change the number. We are asking them to deliver what the promised - these changes are for RANKED serves only. Unranked servers should not be touched, and 2 allowed - like their press release stated.

Also how stupid is it making it harder to keep your server running on the same week Halo and Blops came out.

DICE are dumb.

found the reddit thread

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/12wqyz/thanks_dice_for_killing_mine_and_others_servers/ [reddit.com]
CoDwin's law (or CoDwin's Rule of CoD Analogies)is a Battlelog adage asserting that "As a Battlelog discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving CoD players or CoD approaches —​ that is, if a Battlelog discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to CoD or Cod Players.
FfC-Th3_Butch3r
2012-11-13 18:36
population_1 said:
DICE are dumb.

Hoorah to that man........
Platypus_MK2
2012-11-13 18:36
population_1 said:
FfC-Th3_Butch3r said:

It has achieved absolutely nothing only made populating a server very hard , I would also like to add that their attempt at fixing the server stability has actually made them worse , far more disconnections , and the server resetting it's self back to 8 or 16 players still happens.

There was actually a very big thread on reddit about this , but I can't find it ATM.

In fact just type 4 player start into the search and see how many thread there is complaining about this

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/search/creationDate/0/?q=4%20player%20start [battlelog.battlefield.com]

I believe this may be the thread you were referencing on reddit ;
http://redd.it/12wqyz [redd.it]
IREWolfman
IE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-11-13 18:43
Stopping booster is easy just type Boosting in the server search box. Amazing when you find them. But they never get banned! If only DICE did there job. But they simply don't care. Blops2 is out and not even a response from DICE so they don't lose more users. And Double XP isn't a response its a joke!
Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Agus beart de réir ár mbriathar The cleanliness of our hearts, The strength of our limbs, And our commitment to our promise
J0NNY_F0REIGNER
2012-11-13 18:43
FfC-Nightwing said:

That's the one .

Pay DICE top dollar to rent a server which crashes about 3/4 times a day , resets it self to the wrong amount of players , comes with the bare minimum of server configuration options , and then they mess up the only option (2 player start) which actually helps populate the servers.

Dumb.
Platypus_MK2
2012-11-13 18:53
population_1 said:
FfC-Nightwing said:
That's the one .

Pay DICE top dollar to rent a server which crashes about 3/4 times a day , resets it self to the wrong amount of players , comes with the bare minimum of server configuration options , and then they mess up the only option (2 player start) which actually helps populate the servers.

Dumb.

Yep i posted in there on our 1080 reddit account lol.
Over all this whole thing just makes me facepalm so damn much to be honest.

The legit players and server owners who have harmed no one are the only people affected. Boosting servers are still full of boosters and even have the odacity to put the term "Boost" in there server name.
It just boggles my mind and its so disappointing that the only people who have been adversely affected have been the good customers.
BulletDodg3r
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-03
2012-11-14 20:32
You can if you have Procon set player limit to 2 players and it will load, however no one else can join, now if you have adaptive server plugin on you will need to knock it off, when in a game with 2 players it did work when you knock it back on players can join but only when game has started.

Its a shame that DICE can do what they like even though we have all paid for the game and they modify it to suit there own needs, great way to piss people off. If any 2 players want to play on a server I lock mine down to 2 players during the day whilst I am not in so feel free to go on it, well until DICE want to fuck around with that setting.

Later

_Bullet_Dodg3rs UK-mods installed
J0NNY_F0REIGNER
2012-11-14 20:37
BulletDodg3r said:
You can if you have Procon set player limit to 2 players and it will load, however no one else can join, now if you have adaptive server plugin on you will need to knock it off, when in a game with 2 players it did work when you knock it back on players can join but only when game has started.

Its a shame that DICE can do what they like even though we have all paid for the game and they modify it to suit there own needs, great way to piss people off. If any 2 players want to play on a server I lock mine down to 2 players during the day whilst I am not in so feel free to go on it, well until DICE want to fuck around with that setting.

Later

Only works on PC unfortunately :(
BulletDodg3r
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-03
2012-11-14 20:48
Sorry loaded in wrong forum, location.....

population_1 said:
BulletDodg3r said:

Later

Only works on PC unfortunately :(