I support this.
doctorrocktor
GG Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2012-11-23 19:06
yes yes yes yes yes
burgleflickle
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-11-24 09:04
I would love to see '42 updated and released on consoles as well as PC, as all I have is a PS3 for now and the foreseeable future. Heck, I'd settle just for a map pack release that included El Alamein, Midway, Bocage, and Kharkov.
BIGDADDY_32693
US Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-11-24 10:05
OMG. I would pay 100 bucks for a WW2 game wit frostbite 2.0, it would be EPIC !!!!!!
Founder and Commanding Officer of BORN 2 Kill [B2K] Rank- 5 Star General
UNQ-ShoT
IT Enlisted: 2011-12-30
2012-11-24 16:48
its good
SHUTDOWNDICE
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-11-26 21:37
Here the thing: EA won't do a remake. Probably because it involves physically doing work that costs money. EA's logic is to do as little work as possible while they expect money to just walk through the door.
"So many scrubs, yet the floor still ain't clean...." | I pledge allegiance to the Galactic Empire. | The Rebels are pleb tier. |
ThePoshAssassin
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-23
2012-11-26 22:17
1943 anyone?
SOG_RULES
US Enlisted: 2011-12-01
2012-11-26 23:21
Yes! I'm getting BF1942
Support man
reaper062289
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-11-27 20:43
I just found a thread copied from my original thread. Please don't make different threads for this idea so we can keep support compiled in one MASSIVE thread. If you support this idea, we have to make sure it doesn't turn into another petition lest this thread gets locked and all of our efforts are for not.

KEEP YOUR COMMENTS AND SUPPORT COMING!
Do not accept what you believe to know because the more you know the less you understand what you know because you begin to understand that what you know will never be known as absolute truth because truth is never truly known by all to be absolute truth
raptor5256
US Enlisted: 2012-10-14
2012-11-28 04:05
reaper062289 said:
A NOTE TO ALL WHO SUPPORTED THE PETITION FOR A 1942 REMAKE:

Apparently a petition is "not allowed" on Battlelog so my petition has been locked. Keep up your support for this "good idea" in my new thread "Battlefield 1942: potential remake".

Leave a comment to show your POTENTIAL support of this "suggested title release".

Original thread (removing the word "petition"):

"Why is there no remake slated for this yet? Vietnam got a remake, and it turned out to be a jewel of an expansion. If 1942 was remade people could finally experience WW2 battles the way they were meant to be. Imagine fighting through Stalingrad or Market Garden with Frostbite 2.0. Imagine everything from massive bombed out cathedrals crawling with snipers, taking rounds from panzer tanks emerging from ruined streets, to the blind machine gunners in the snowy wilderness, rushing their enemies and taking cover as fighter planes spit fire across exposed clearings between the forest.

This NEEDS to be remade into a at least a DLC pack. Every company has given up on WW2 games which leaves me begging for some proper Nazis to shoot. If this was remade I would have my own little slice of heaven, as I know many of you would agree. Don't get me wrong, the original 1942 is gold, but if a remake sprung up it would be like playing through "Saving Private Ryan" or "Enemy at The Gates" first hand. There has yet to be an admirable WW2 game for current gen and it would be amazing to see Battlefield carry the torch.

Who else here would like to see a 1942 remake? I believe that it would be the best DLC idea possible. If EA wants to give fan service, hows about they give us something we really hope for? I'm hoping this thread gets enough attention that the Dev team takes notice and starts throwing around some ideas if they're not already.

If you want to see a Battlefield 1942 remake, please leave a comment showing your support. We will make this "IDEA" grow!!!!!!!!!!"

P.S.

Since this is no longer a "Petition," feel free to leave ideas and suggestions for gameplay mechanics in a new WW2 title or 1942 remake.

I think that maybe they get in the frostbite 2 engine in there and make exact scale maps of the battlefield of world war II it would be so sweet!
Hello my name is Thunder and I'll be your air support this game. And yes that is a land battleship.
SmoothLatinoJazz
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-11-28 09:08
where can i pre-order four copies?
Hobbesenero
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-11-28 21:45
@Reaper, I apologize kind sir, i was only trying to pass word along as i did not see a remake of the the thread i personally signed.

I would kindly like to ask all people to get this thread noticed, especially by mods but for GOOD intentions. I have a friend who had his ideas implemented into the game itself thanks to the mods passing it on to DICE. I would also like to note, that a standalone game would be great, but a DLC pack would still have the same greatness to it as a full game(in my opinion). Vietnam showed what a remake with the frostbite engine could do, and now DICE has a chance to remake the game that started it all, with Frostbite 2. WW2 games will always be at the heart of the FPS genre, of course it was milked by some franchises, but now it seems almost neglected. This is a perfect opportunity for EA to pick up some easy cash, and for DICE to give the fans of Battlefield something spectacular and amazing.

If you have friends who are on Battlelog then tell them to come post an here with their own ideas and concepts. This needs to be seen people. Battlefield can't live in the modern shooters forever, and it will definitely be a stretch to go into the future, without remaking 2142. I'd like to thank reapers and any other person who wants a remake of this amazing game, but it will not be enough if we only have a few supporters. I approve of this potential remake.
MP1st Staff
Kulma28
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-11-28 22:30
yesyes, remake
MarckGalvan
BR Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-11-28 23:06
/Sign for remake.
Ricky0114
CA Enlisted: 2011-12-28
2012-11-29 13:52
I would like to see a remake, but with most the game's system kept intact. So no regen health and unlimited ammo in vehicles from BF3 and I am all for it
Hobbesenero
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-11-29 17:08
BUMP!
MP1st Staff
reaper062289
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-11-29 21:00
Piekingisback234 said:
@Reaper, I apologize kind sir, i was only trying to pass word along as i did not see a remake of the the thread i personally signed.

I would kindly like to ask all people to get this thread noticed, especially by mods but for GOOD intentions. I have a friend who had his ideas implemented into the game itself thanks to the mods passing it on to DICE. I would also like to note, that a standalone game would be great, but a DLC pack would still have the same greatness to it as a full game(in my opinion). Vietnam showed what a remake with the frostbite engine could do, and now DICE has a chance to remake the game that started it all, with Frostbite 2. WW2 games will always be at the heart of the FPS genre, of course it was milked by some franchises, but now it seems almost neglected. This is a perfect opportunity for EA to pick up some easy cash, and for DICE to give the fans of Battlefield something spectacular and amazing.

If you have friends who are on Battlelog then tell them to come post an here with their own ideas and concepts. This needs to be seen people. Battlefield can't live in the modern shooters forever, and it will definitely be a stretch to go into the future, without remaking 2142. I'd like to thank reapers and any other person who wants a remake of this amazing game, but it will not be enough if we only have a few supporters. I approve of this potential remake.

No worries, I just want to keep the ideas/ support together and organized so it can get more attention. I'm just glad it's becoming the biggest community topic in the 1942 forums.
Do not accept what you believe to know because the more you know the less you understand what you know because you begin to understand that what you know will never be known as absolute truth because truth is never truly known by all to be absolute truth
MonkeyBot5000
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-11-29 21:30
Add the spotting/commo rose, squad/commander system and heal/repair points from BF2 and it would be awesome. Some updated graphics and textures would be nice as well.

I don't even care about new maps/weapons.
AudyFTW
US Enlisted: 2012-04-23
2012-11-29 22:42
The same mechanics as BF3 with gun load outs, soldier camos, tons of vehicles, huge destructible maps (and lots of snow maps) with all of that on the frostbite 2 engine, I not hesitate a single millisecond to buy it and any DLC with it
Gwakaa
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-11-30 03:25 , edited 2012-11-30 03:30 by Gwakaa
Check out Enemy Front, new ww2 FPS coming in early 2013 buit on the Cryteck Crisis 2 engine. I know it's not Battlefield but it's a breath of freash air !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bmZyTDSWs [youtube.com]
"No Mission Too Difficult, No Sacrifice Too Great—Duty First!"

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.