Hit detection

MrAlexMorgan13
US Enlisted: 2013-04-21
2013-07-11 04:49
Please improve the hit detection in the next Battlefield. Instead of improving graphics, let's start with Game play for you guys have done a wonderful job at graphics. Make the hit detection server side like in Counterstrike GO and TF2 instead of client side like on consoles. I really don't like getting shot around walls (matrix effect) because on someone else's screen I am not around the corner. If I shoot someone point blank first, with good aim of course I should get kill majority of the time. I love this game due to the teamwork involved but please fix phantom problems please. Lastly on a non related note please fix the fact that a tank can't flatten a car to go over it. Thoughts and comments, please reply below!
This is Coach Chen aka Mr. Alex Morgan and I approve this cheese message!! CPU Intel i5 4670k OC 4.2 Ghz.cooled with Corsair H60. GPU Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 780 GHZ Edition. PSU Thermaltake Tough Power 750 W 80 Plus Gold. 1st HDD Kingston 240 GB SSD Now SATA III. 2nd HDD WD Blue 1 TB 64 MB Cache 7200 RPM. 3rd HDD WD Blue 500 GB 16 MB Cache 7200 RPM. Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming.
IMsooElevated
MX Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-07-11 19:28
I thought the bad hit detection had to do with ones own internet speed. if not, then yes they should try and improve it. I tried setting my UPnP (Universal plug n Play) on and I seem to notice some noticeable difference. probably just me though
ExertusDoubleome
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-07-11 19:30 , edited 2013-07-11 19:30 by ExertusDoubleome
The system sorta works with low pings 10-20. But once stuff starts going over 80 things start to go weird.

And since all footage of Battlefield 3 and 4 is pretty much lan its all <5 ms pings.

System is perfect when testing but useless when its actually being used when pings arent all perfect.
Treyman-XIII
XK Enlisted: 2012-08-08
2013-07-11 19:33
tbh I've gotten used to poor hit detection
ExertusDoubleome
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-07-11 19:35 , edited 2013-07-11 19:35 by ExertusDoubleome
Treyman-XIII said:
tbh I've gotten used to poor hit detection


I would sooner get used to a knife in my arm then this games poor netcode above 80ish ms.
Treyman-XIII
XK Enlisted: 2012-08-08
2013-07-11 19:35
Still feels better than BF2
izayoi80
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-07-11 19:37 , edited 2013-07-11 19:39 by izayoi80
I agree, it's definitely the number one problem. It makes the game feel cheap...

Getting shot up to and including 1½ seconds after you've actually ducked for cover is beyond ridiculous.
TwentyValve
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-07-11 21:19
Treyman-XIII said:
tbh I've gotten used to poor hit detection


you shouldn't have to get used to it. this has been my biggest issue with the game since the rent-a-server update. that's when people started to region hop and realized they are getting the lag advantage.

if this isn't improved and i mean a great deal better, no BF4 for me. i just want the core elements of the game to work. its like buying a car that sorta runs and dealing with it cause the manufacturer is too lazy to fix it.
Treyman-XIII
XK Enlisted: 2012-08-08
2013-07-11 21:36
TwentyValve said:
Treyman-XIII said:
tbh I've gotten used to poor hit detection
you shouldn't have to get used to it. this has been my biggest issue with the game since the rent-a-server update. that's when people started to region hop and realized they are getting the lag advantage.

if this isn't improved and i mean a great deal better, no BF4 for me. i just want the core elements of the game to work. its like buying a car that sorta runs and dealing with it cause the manufacturer is too lazy to fix it.

Yeah I should just complain
MrAlexMorgan13
US Enlisted: 2013-04-21
2013-07-12 08:37 , edited 2013-07-12 08:39 by MrAlexMorgan13
IMsooElevated said:
I thought the bad hit detection had to do with ones own internet speed. if not, then yes they should try and improve it. I tried setting my UPnP (Universal plug n Play) on and I seem to notice some noticeable difference. probably just me though


I go on servers with 20 ping normal. The ping I max that I can deal with is around 80. It's just plain lag comp with a kid with 454 ping can be on top (over me who has 20 ping). I left Black Ops 2 because of this lag comp BS. Granted BF's lag comp is not that bad though compared to BO2 but it's still noticeable. That's why I think the hit detection is horrid in this game but they did make it better than Battlefield 2. Please make this next game have server side hit detection. To the person to "get used to it", when I play this game I want it to be realistic, no matrix shots around cover and no point blank misses. BF4 asked for improvements, here they are.
This is Coach Chen aka Mr. Alex Morgan and I approve this cheese message!! CPU Intel i5 4670k OC 4.2 Ghz.cooled with Corsair H60. GPU Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 780 GHZ Edition. PSU Thermaltake Tough Power 750 W 80 Plus Gold. 1st HDD Kingston 240 GB SSD Now SATA III. 2nd HDD WD Blue 1 TB 64 MB Cache 7200 RPM. 3rd HDD WD Blue 500 GB 16 MB Cache 7200 RPM. Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming.
CrazyHorseHaka
Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-07-12 08:43
XTS-Doubleome said:
The system sorta works with low pings 10-20. But once stuff starts going over 80 things start to go weird.

And since all footage of Battlefield 3 and 4 is pretty much lan its all &lt;5 ms pings.

System is perfect when testing but useless when its actually being used when pings arent all perfect.


I wonder how did DICE win a award for best mp game 2013 using a lan? at E3
Hork3r
FI Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2013-07-12 08:45 , edited 2013-07-12 08:45 by Hork3r
Network smoothing factor off guys.
Otherwise you're lagging my experience. And other's too.

Without NSF you'll get your real ping. Though there are still you laggy guys who shoot others from behind corners.

Client side hit detection so it works both ways.
Both guys need to have the low latency for the hit detection to work right. (not ping, latency)
That's why network smoothing factor. It delays the animations to make it look smoother.
mweagIe
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-07-12 08:47
Treyman-XIII said:
tbh I've gotten used to poor hit detection

Yes, 'we' have started to tolerate it, but that doesn't mean it's good enough to pay for another game. A new game should be better, and the hitreg should be the number one priority in a multiplayer shooter. Especially if (and they do) the game support competive gaming. It would be a waste to support eSports, if your hitreg is crap. That's why BF3 failed.
#highrollingmweagle #calledit
The_Surmiser
Enlisted: 2013-06-04
2013-07-12 09:11
izayoi80 said:
I agree, it's definitely the number one problem. It makes the game feel cheap...

Getting shot up to and including 1½ seconds after you've actually ducked for cover is beyond ridiculous.



agreed.... that and guys lagging like CRAZY when they hop a fence (or fail to do so)
oof14346
AS Enlisted: 2011-11-06
2013-07-12 09:32
izayoi80 said:
I agree, it's definitely the number one problem. It makes the game feel cheap...

Getting shot up to and including 1½ seconds after you've actually ducked for cover is beyond ridiculous.

I've learned to take a deep breath, shrug my shoulders and pick a new spawn point.
AP_Norris
NZ Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2013-07-12 09:36
I hate it when I get a headshot, bloodsplatter, hitmarker with my sniper and then a spot bonus and suppression assist.
I put my pants on one arm at a time, just like everybody else.
The_Surmiser
Enlisted: 2013-06-04
2013-07-12 10:05
yeah my ping is around 1.2 M/S and hit detection/lag is TERRIBAD

BC2 was about 100x better IMHO
TwentyValve
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-07-12 13:14
Treyman-XIII said:
TwentyValve said:
Treyman-XIII said:
tbh I've gotten used to poor hit detection
you shouldn't have to get used to it. this has been my biggest issue with the game since the rent-a-server update. that's when people started to region hop and realized they are getting the lag advantage.

if this isn't improved and i mean a great deal better, no BF4 for me. i just want the core elements of the game to work. its like buying a car that sorta runs and dealing with it cause the manufacturer is too lazy to fix it.
Yeah I should just complain


without feedback dice won't know what to fix/improve/add to the game and future games. that also goes for saying something is good, not just complaining.
SexyManPoze4Lif3
US Enlisted: 2012-07-15
2013-07-12 13:17
Just a console player strolling through.
"If you follow the philosophy that the number of changes dictates the greatness of a game, then frankly, you are very stupid." ~ShapelessHorr0r
Treyman-XIII
XK Enlisted: 2012-08-08
2013-07-12 17:05
Luna-mweagle said:
Treyman-XIII said:
tbh I've gotten used to poor hit detection
Yes, 'we' have started to tolerate it, but that doesn't mean it's good enough to pay for another game. A new game should be better, and the hitreg should be the number one priority in a multiplayer shooter. Especially if (and they do) the game support competive gaming. It would be a waste to support eSports, if your hitreg is crap. That's why BF3 failed.

Of course
but I'm still used to it for the present game
TwentyValve said:
Treyman-XIII said:
TwentyValve said:
Treyman-XIII said:
tbh I've gotten used to poor hit detection
you shouldn't have to get used to it. this has been my biggest issue with the game since the rent-a-server update. that's when people started to region hop and realized they are getting the lag advantage.

if this isn't improved and i mean a great deal better, no BF4 for me. i just want the core elements of the game to work. its like buying a car that sorta runs and dealing with it cause the manufacturer is too lazy to fix it.
Yeah I should just complain
without feedback dice won't know what to fix/improve/add to the game and future games. that also goes for saying something is good, not just complaining.

And what usually occurs is complaining instead of helpful feedback